• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
skynews-canada-skydive-parachutisme-adrnaline_4746815.jpg

Falling into a wooded area appears to have saved the woman after she plummeted around 5,000ft to earth.

The 30-year-old has not yet been named but witnesses described seeing her plunge more than 4,900ft (1,500m) to the ground and crashing into trees.

The incident happened on 10 August at a skydiving centre in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec.

Witness Denis Demers told Radio-Canada he saw the woman falling: "It's a miracle. I don't know how a person can survive a fall from an airplane like that."

He said it appeared that neither the main parachute nor the emergency back-up had opened.

Full Story:

If this wasn't a suicide attempt then whoever packed the chute is in a heap of trouble.

Damns, and I bet they can't sue, since they sign a waiver.

Waiver or no, damned right you can sue if someone packed your chute and it fucked up (except military, then you just 'smile' and be happy at what they give you). Sadly in most cases it's your estate that has to initiate it.

<edited - Because I didn't want to start a new post waaaay down at the bottom>

Last edited:
From the original article:
Local police told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation that the woman was an experienced skydiver but that her life is not in danger. She was admitted to hospital with several fractures, including broken vertebrae.
Sounds like she might have packed her own chutes. This chick needs to buy a lotto ticket asap. How she didnt end up with life threatening injuries is beyond me

Some other people who survived ridiculously high falls without a parachute:
Alan Magee - 22,000 feet, thrown from a B-17 bomber during WW2

Ivan Chisov - ~23,000 feet, jumped from a soviet bomber and blacked out before trying to open his chute.

Juliane Koepcke - ~10,000 feet, Sole survivor of LANSA Flight 508. Subsequently survived eleven days in the Amazon rainforest before being rescued.

Nicholas Alkemade - 18,000+ feet, jumped chuteless from a flaming British bomber and suffered only a sprained leg.

And the world record holder: Vesna Vulovic - 33,330 feet. Sole survivor of JAT Flight 367, which was blown apart by a bomb in the baggage compartment

Some other people who survived ridiculously high falls without a parachute:
Alan Magee - 22,000 feet, thrown from a B-17 bomber during WW2

Ivan Chisov - ~23,000 feet, jumped from a soviet bomber and blacked out before trying to open his chute.

Juliane Koepcke - ~10,000 feet, Sole survivor of LANSA Flight 508. Subsequently survived eleven days in the Amazon rainforest before being rescued.

Nicholas Alkemade - 18,000+ feet, jumped chuteless from a flaming British bomber and suffered only a sprained leg.

And the world record holder: Vesna Vulovic - 33,330 feet. Sole survivor of JAT Flight 367, which was blown apart by a bomb in the baggage compartment

Thanks, that is amazing!

Back