• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
Lesley Bradbury knifed Gary Moore after discovering he had unloaded several items she had packed in their car, Manchester's Minshull Street Crown Court heard.

Police called to the couple's home in Middleton, Greater Manchester, found Mr Moore bleeding from his left arm. Bradbury, a 50-year-old former invoice clerk, told officers: "He deserved it.".

Mr Moore, a driving instructor, was taken to hospital for treatment and has since made a full recovery.

Bradbury suffered from a mental health condition which caused her to hoard possessions and protect them in a "pathological way", the court heard.

She was initially charged with intent to cause grievous bodily harm but prosecutors accepted her guilty plea to a lesser charge of unlawful wounding.

Bradbury, who now lives in Stoke-on-Trent, was given 12-month prison sentence suspended for 18 months. She was also ordered to complete 30 days of rehabilitation.

Mr Moore refused to give a statement to police and it is thought the couple are still together.
[....]
The attack happened on 29 December as the couple packed for a holiday to see in the New Year.

Prosecutor Jonathan Turner said: “Police attended the home Bradbury shared with her partner and he was outside he had a two-inch stab wound to his left bicep. 'The defendant had stabbed him with a knife after he moved some of her belongings out of the car they were packing for a holiday. She said to police he deserved it and she wanted to kill herself.

“Inside the house he had thrown some of her possessions and she had stabbed him in order to stop him. There is no complaint from the complainant - he is hopeful for a renewal in the relationship.''

In mitigation, defence lawyer Richard English said: “Mental health issues underpinned the defendant’s offending. It is a case where if the defendant was well this wouldn’t have happened.”

Sentencing judge Paul Lawton, who had said at a previous hearing that Bradbury would not be going to prison, told her: “It has been difficult to get to the bottom of why you did this. You do have a psychological disorder that causes you to hoard goods and you need to protect those in a pathological way so you lashed out at him with a knife.

“But that doesn’t reduce your culpability - the knife could have gone into the chest and it could have been a different scenario. Your conduct has to be marked with a prison sentence but it won’t be an immediate custodial sentence.''
[....]

Attachments

• Lesley_Bradbury.jpg
    Lesley_Bradbury.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,150
I used to pack a ton of stuff...now I'm like "these shorts are good for a few days, jeans at least a week...do I even need a suitcase"

I went to see King Diamond in Atlanta with a buddy of mine a few years ago. We were gonna drive, but his wife, who is cool as fuck, had enough airline miles for two tickets, and she gave them to us, so we flew down a few hours before the show, and flew back the next morning.

I didn't take shit. Literally just what I was wearing. Got down there, went to buy a pint of Jäger at a store about six blocks away. No car, so we walked. The fucking bottom dropped out halfway there, we got fucking soaked... completely soaked. As soon as I stepped out of the store with the Jäger, the rain stopped and the sun came out, no shit.

Completely soaked, no change of clothes. Of fucking course!

Since I'm not helpless, though... ordered pizza, drank the Jäger, dried my clothes in the hotel laundry (had a bit of help with that, since I was wearing a towel) and used the hotel hairdryer to dry my shoes. Went to the show buzzed, full, and toasty from the dryer.

I went to see King Diamond in Atlanta with a buddy of mine a few years ago. We were gonna drive, but his wife, who is cool as fuck, had enough airline miles for two tickets, and she gave them to us, so we flew down a few hours before the show, and flew back the next morning.

I didn't take shit. Literally just what I was wearing. Got down there, went to buy a pint of Jäger at a store about six blocks away. No car, so we walked. The fucking bottom dropped out halfway there, we got fucking soaked... completely soaked. As soon as I stepped out of the store with the Jäger, the rain stopped and the sun came out, no shit.

Since I'm not helpless, though... ordered pizza, drank the Jäger, dried my clothes in the hotel laundry (had a bit of help with that, since I was wearing a towel) and used the hotel hairdryer to dry my shoes. Went to the show buzzed, full, and toasty from the dryer.
See now, I would have had at least three different outfits to choose from (top to bottom, underthingies included), and at least two other pairs of shoes. Not to mention all my hair/shower shit and my own hair dryer. PLUS, a couple different snacks to choose from while waiting to go to the concert. I always, ALWAYS travel with food. Oh, and a change of clothes for the flight home. Am I prepared? Yes, for just about anything short of an actual apocalypse. Am I ridiculous? Also yes...and I OWN that shit. :p

But... how was the show?

But... how was the show?
Fucking amazing. It was a theatrical masterpiece, and everyone was on top of their game. King sounded fantastic. And the venue was great, too.

This was the first show of the tour (10/11/14 at the Center Stage), and he had not toured in a long while... people on metal-rules didn't believe my glowing reviews at first.

The show (audio only):

See now, I would have had at least three different outfits to choose from (top to bottom, underthingies included), and at least two other pairs of shoes. Not to mention all my hair/shower shit and my own hair dryer. PLUS, a couple different snacks to choose from while waiting to go to the concert. I always, ALWAYS travel with food. Oh, and a change of clothes for the flight home. Am I prepared? Yes, for just about anything short of an actual apocalypse. Am I ridiculous? Also yes...and I OWN that shit. :p

What's the thinking on the underthingies choices? Do you have different drawers for different settings, i.e. metal concert, Broadway play, etc...?

Back