• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/0...sband-for-beating-their-pet-cat-cops-say.html

A Dallas woman told police she shot and killed her husband because he was beating the family cat, according to investigators.

Neighbors said they were shocked to hear Mary Harrison, 47, had been charged with murder in the slaying of her 49–year-old husband Dexter Harrison Saturday morning.

“A man got shot over a cat? It’s kind of crazy,” neighbor Carl Phillips told KTVT. “It’s unbelievable. A man loses his life over a cat. I mean, people love their pets, but it ain’t that serious… to die for a cat.”

Dallas police were dispatched to the Harrison home in response to a shooting.

When officers arrived Mary Harrison reported that she had shot her husband “during an argument, as he was beating the family cat,” police said.

He went to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Police said she went to Dallas Police headquarters where she agreed to be interviewed by homicide detectives.

“During the course of the interview, she admitted to her role in the offense and confessed to shooting the victim,” police said.

KTVT reported that the Harrison’s cat had disappeared recently.

She posted signs during the search for the missing cat. The cat eventually returned.

Harrison is being held in lieu of $100,000 bond in the Dallas County Jail.

“A man got shot over a cat? It’s kind of crazy,” neighbor Carl Phillips told KTVT. “It’s unbelievable. A man loses his life over a cat. I mean, people love their pets, but it ain’t that serious… to die for a cat.”

This isn't to sound snarky or sarcastic or even assholerish.... I would've done the same thing.

My cats are my fur babies. No one is going to lay a finger on them. They can't defend themselves.

Nope, you try to harm my kitties, I'm shooting you. Sorry, not sorry.

Now she can have the cats she wants, after she gets out of prison, of course.

I may not have shot him, but he would feel my wrath over beating anything or anyone. I was lucky, my hubby loved cats more than I do. He was the Daddy Kat.:cat:

I really need clarification.
. She posted signs during the search for the missing cat. The cat eventually returned.

Did the cat return after she shot him?

Was he active in beating the cat when she shot him?

Or did she assume he did something to the cat and that is why it was missing?

Wow ... 47 ! Crazy cat lady didn't think this through ... everyone, including the cat is dead or in jail now.

I am a bit surprised this was not posted in "Crimes Against Animals".

Unfortunately, I fear the courts will not accept this as being "in defense of other" for a justifiable homicide verdict.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...d-broken-jaw-ribs-officials-say/287-561988227
A cat allegedly beaten by a Dallas man before he was fatally shot by his wife over the weekend had suffered several broken ribs and a broken jaw, officials with the SPCA of Texas said.
[....]
She told police that her husband had beaten several of their animals and that she was "fearful that he might harm her" or their son, the affidavit said.

The cat, Smokey, has been undergoing treatment and is in custody of the SPCA, SPCA spokeswoman Maura Davies said.

A dog involved in the incident, Summer, was not injured but is also in SPCA custody.

"We have both in protective custody and we will be caring for them until this case is resolved regarding their custody," Davies said.

Mary Harrison posted bond and was released from the Dallas County Jail on Tuesday morning. It was unclear whether Harrison would be able regain custody of the animals.

That article reads exactly like the shit we see with children. Just replace the words animals, cat, dog, and SPCA custody, with children, son, daughter, and CPS custody.

This guy was a fucking asshole. It was only a matter of time before he hurt his wife and her son, if he hadn't already.

Far as I'm concerned she did the world a favor.

Considering how viciously he beat the cat I'd say he had it coming.
Assholes like this don't change and I'm sure she has been living in fear for a while.
Hard to feel bad for someone who needs to take his frustrations out on those weaker than him.

I'm hoping they go easy on her. Pets are family members and merit our protection just as children do, imho. I still remember throwing a brick at my first husband's head because he was kicking the dog out in the backyard. Fortunately, I missed but still thought he was going to kill me anyway. If looks could kill, I would be still be dead.

There might a bit more to this story than we thought.
mary-harrison-dexter-harrison-kdaf-cwd-820x430.jpg

If you needed a lift after a rough day, 49-year-old Dexter Harrison would've found a way to make you laugh.

If you need advice about men, well, he was like the comedian, actor and author Steve Harvey.

"You would be amazed by how many people loved him. He always made you feel better," said Angela Gray, 48. "He was my male Steve Harvey. If you ever needed male advice. If you ever needed advice about anything, he was always that person to go to."

Gray, a friend of Harrison's since they were in elementary school together in Jackson, Miss., said he stood by his wife, Mary Harrison, 47, during her bout with breast cancer.

"He literally nursed her off of her death bed. He would drive from Texas to Mississippi after work," Gray said. "And after she was better he proposed to her."

At their wedding, almost six years ago, Mary's family told everyone that they appreciated Dexter sticking it out, according to his sister Alangernette Moore. She said she didn't know how bad the cancer was until the day of the wedding.

"Her family was giving testimony about how he sat and brushed her hair," she said. "How he spoon fed her. How he would read to her. How he would do all these things. During the wedding part of her vows was, 'He saved me.' It's crazy and weird how all this stuff transpired."

Mary Harrison, 47, of Dallas, is accused of fatally shooting Dexter on the morning of June 2 because he was beating one of their cats, according to Dallas police. She posted a $100,000 bail three days later. She voluntarily waived her rights and told detectives that she shot him, Dallas police said. She faces a murder charge.

Strangely enough, Dexter's relatives believe it was that same caring spirit that might have led to his death.

Moore believes it might have been jealousy that led to her brother's death. Dexter was close to his four children, one girl and three boys, and remained in a good relationship with their mother, Moore said.

"He loved his kids. He's helping her with birthday parties and he's always in pictures with them. That's just the way my brother is. He's giving," Moore said. "(Mary) was a very quiet woman. She's very passive. The cat was probably just the last straw. It was not the cause."

Mary Harrison told police that her husband had beaten several of their animals and that she was "fearful that he might harm her" or their son, according to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by WFAA. Smokey suffered a broken jaw and broken ribs, the SPCA of Texas told WFAA.

Her story doesn't add up, Moore said.

"We grew up with animals. He loved animals," she said. "He loved every animal known to man: horses, pigs, cows, goats. He actually taught me to love animals. My first animal was a cat."

Recently, Dexter's family visited the couple during Mothers Day weekend in May. Smokey, one of the couple's two cats, constantly ran away from him, Moore recalled.

"That's the cat I guess she is so distraught about. I asked her why the cat was running behind the couch," Moore said. "She said, 'Well that cat does not like Dexter.' Well he has the other cat around his neck and arms playing all the time. I know from having animals that some animals just don't take to certain people."

Dexter continuously tried to protect Smokey from their pet dogs in the backyard of the home, she said.

"He was like, ' Make sure she don't get out.' If he didn't care about her animals he wouldn't have been adamant about that," Moore said. "He said it so much I started telling the kids to close the door."

During the their stay, Dexter joined his family on a trips to parks and Six Flags. But his wife didn't attend the outings and worked the holiday weekend, Moore said.

Moore described her relationship with Mary as cordial, but passive.

"We've never just talked or anything. We're cordial but we hadn't really been around her that much," Moore said. "Likewise she's never been around the family that much because the way they moved."

Following the visit, Moore said she spoke to Dexter Harrison once, but she said his wife made several phone calls and left voicemails with her and her husband four days before Dexter's death.

"I listened to the voicemail and she said, 'It's Mary I'm on my way to work call me if you want to talk to me," Moore said. "I'm like, 'No. I've never called you. That'd be real strange for me to call you out the blue? I always called my brother and told him to tell her hello. I never call you. I understood that she might of been calling because my son was staying there for the summer but come to find out she called everybody."

Plans are being finalized to bury Harrison in his hometown soon, Moore said. She still remained steadfast on her assumption that his death was not related to the cat.

"It's her. It's jealousy because he still had a good relationship with those children's mother. Or it was something she just could not take anymore," said Moore.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article212767659.html
What better way for a wife to murder her husband than to claim he was violent and then add being cruel to defenseless animals, that just helps sale the story without having to show injuries to one self. I'm not saying this is what happened in this case, but I have stated here on DD that if you are going to kill someone, have a plan to get away with it.

Last edited:
There might a bit more to this story than we thought.

What better way for a wife to murder her husband than to claim he was violent and then add being cruel to defenseless animals, that just helps sale the story without having to show injuries to one self. I'm not saying this is what happened in this case, but I have stated here on DD that if you are going to kill someone, have a plan to get away with it.

This changes everything for me, I will now be totally open minded about what may or may not have happened here.

(And for pity's sake, lady, do something about those gigantic dark bags under yours eyes.)

Considering how viciously he beat the cat I'd say he had it coming.
Assholes like this don't change and I'm sure she has been living in fear for a while.
Hard to feel bad for someone who needs to take his frustrations out on those weaker than him.
You are so spot on. Abuses use the pets to control the family .

If he didn’t beat the cat did she?

Last edited:
Possible. If she was planning to use "he beat the cat" as her explanation for murdering him, then she could have beat the cat herself, killed her husband, and used the injured cat as her "proof" that the dead husband harmed the poor kitty cat.
... Moore believes it might have been jealousy that led to her brother's death. Dexter was close to his four children, one girl and three boys, and remained in a good relationship with their mother ...
Jealousy is a horrible emotion. Give me any other emotion and I can understand it, love, anger, sadness, greed, remorse, contempt, all of them and they make sense to me. Jealousy? That's a poison to anyone who has it.

Last edited:

"A North Texas woman was sentenced to probation for killing her husband after he allegedly beat the family cat.

A judge sentenced 51-year old Mary Harrison of far northeast Dallas to five years probation for killing her husband four years ago after he beat their cat.

Dexter Harrison injured the family cat in June of 2018. Mary Harrison said she feared she would also be harmed so she got a gun and shot her husband, killing him.

Harrison was indicted for felony murder, but has now pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of manslaughter."

" The cat named Smokey, had broken ribs and a broken jaw, but survived."

Back