• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1571236854077.png

Authorities in Colorado are looking for a woman who robbed a liquor store in Denver last week while she was caring for two young children -- one of whom helped her with the robbery, according to police.

The incident at an East Alameda Ave. liquor store occurred Oct. 9 at about 2:10 p.m., according to a Denver Police Department tweet.

The woman, who has not been identified, entered the liquor store and soon proceeded to rummage through shelves and the cash registers, "taking a large sum of money."

The manager of the liquor store told FOX31 the woman made off with several thousand dollars, though an exact amount wasn't made public.

Denver Police said the woman had a boy and a girl with her who both appeared to be approximately 6 years old. The 6-year-old boy helped in the search for cash behind the counter of the store, according to police.

Police released a photo of the woman caught on surveillance cameras as she spoke on her phone and walked through the store.

Before hitting the liquor store, the woman also walked into a convenience store in the same strip mall and allegedly used her children there, too, as a diversion while she pilfered items such as lotion and body wash.

I've worked as a cashier all my working life, I don't think I could go into a strange store and just open the cash register. Usually there's a code or you need a key, you just can't open the drawer like a cabinet, there's stuff you have to do. I know that most have a button under it that will open the drawer in case the electricity is out, but you have to know exactly where it's at and most people don't even know it exists. So yeah there's some details missing.

What am I missing here? It's 2:10 PM on a Wednesday. She's on her phone, there's no mention of a weapon, but she just rummages through the cash register like she owns the place? Was there nobody there to stop her?
Maybe the manager was the only one on duty at that time and nature called.

Back