• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Damn with winds that high, I think I would have stayed at the motel.

Just last year someone’s umbrella took flight & landed like a lawn dart a foot from where my kids & I were sitting on the beach- it was a cheap, pointy ended beach umbrella with no scew bottom. I wanted to yell at the owner but then 2 little old ladies came toddling over to apologize!

My sister was at a beach and the wind came up quite suddenly and the woman next to her was impaled through her eye by a metal pointed beach umbrella. The woman died at the scene with two little kids with her. I don't think that my sister has ever gotten over it and those poor little kids probably never did either.

wow, stay away from them bitches at the beach I guess is the motto. Never used or took umbrellas and usually was hanging more with the surfers [& boards can be dangerous if not propped right in the sand] I think the impaled eye story is the worse

Note to tourists who desire to visit beaches in the US... Just cause a place has a shore, doesn't mean you want to go there. IE: Two that come immediately to mind.

The media is paid to sell fear...I was hoping it would be like “umbrella impales woman in face”

Disappointed

It happened again.

A 46-year-old Pennsylvania woman was flown out after officials say she was pierced in the chest by a beach umbrella in Ocean City, Maryland Sunday afternoon.

The incident happened at approximately 3:11 PM. at the 54th street beach.

Ocean City Beach Patrol Captain Butch Arbin said the victim was pierced by an unattended rental umbrella that had not been returned to the stand.

Captain Arbin said first responders secured the umbrella so it wouldn't blow around with the help of beachgoers.

Once the fire department arrived on scene, they were able to cut the wooden pole, but a small piece remained under the victim's skin.

We're told first responders didn't want to remove the pole completely in fear of causing more damage.

OC Paramedics responded to the scene and took the woman to a Maryland State Police aviation helicopter. She was then transported to Peninsula Regional Medical Center.

According to Captain Arbin, at PRMC, doctors will perform X-rays and decide the best way to remove the remaining pole.

Her condition is currently unknown at this time, but officials say her injuries are not life-threatening.
http://6abc.com/woman-impaled-by-beach-umbrella-on-maryland-beach/3806623/

Latest posts

Back