• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1566323690850.png

This story is brought to us by the letter "K"...for killer girlfreind from hell! And the amazing @Keepalowprofile

A Lubbock jury sentenced 22-year-old Yvonne Gonzales to 99 years in prison for the November 2015 beating death of 4-year-old Alyrah Sanchez, the daughter of Gonzales' live-in boyfriend.

Gonzales faced a prison sentence between five years to life after she pleaded guilty two weeks ago to a charge of murder in Sanchez's killing. She opted to have her punishment determined by a jury, which deliberated for three hours before returning in the 140th District Court with their verdict.

The verdict came after the jury heard evidence that showed Gonzales delivered multiple blows to the child that tore her liver nearly in half, damaged her pancreas and right kidney and caused a brain bleed.

Dr. Sridhar Natarajan, the county medical examiner, told jurors he believed the girl was already dead when EMTs arrived at Gonzales' home. The girl was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.

However, Gonzales, who was alone with the girl, told investigators she believed Sanchez was choking on a burrito she had for dinner.

Her defense attorney, Charles Chambers, asked jurors for a 30-year prison sentence, which he said would provide justice but also allow his client a chance at redemption.

He said Gonzales, who was 19 at the time of the killing, was unable to cope with the pressures of caring for Sanchez, who he said was thrust upon his client when CPS placed the girl with her father. Soon after the couple received the girl, Gonzales also gave birth to her own child.

"Here she is, raising another woman's child, and by all accounts doing a pretty good job," said Chambers in his closing argument. "Something happened that she couldn't deal with it."

However, Lubbock County district attorney's office person crime chief Barron Slack said nothing could excuse the severity of the injuries Sanchez suffered at Gonzales' hands.

"This needs to be a life sentence," he said.

He said the injuries to the girl does not reflect a momentary loss of control out of anger or frustration.

"This is not a normal case, this is not a (case of being) a little too young, a little too stressed," he said. "This is destroying a human life, and not just any human life. This is a four-year-old child. This isn't (a case of) 'I don't have enough coping skills.' Lots of people who do not have coping skills do not run this red light to this extent."

"The verdict came after the jury heard evidence that showed Gonzales delivered multiple blows to the child that tore her liver nearly in half, damaged her pancreas and right kidney and caused a brain bleed."

This was deliberate. This took time. This took effort. I can only hope her new roommates for the next 99 years take the same time, deliberation, and effort....

Medical Examiner, Dr. Sridhar Natarajan testified and showed about 70 photos to the jury of the child who was brutally beaten to death by Gonzales. She was dating Alyrah's father at the time.

The photos displayed up to 50 bruises across her body, mainly on the right side of her torso and legs, and on her left side of the face.

In the middle of Natarajan's presentation, a juror raised his hand, asked for a break, and then passed out.

Here she is, raising another woman's child, and by all accounts doing a pretty good job," said Chambers in his closing argument.

Well, except for that whole inconvenient beaten dead 4 year old bit. Other than that, things were great!
Pah. Minor detail.

:penguin:

I once asked a defender if they would eat a slice of chocolate cake knowing a spoonful of fecal matter had been mixed into the batter used to make 100 cakes. I didn't get an answer. I would like to ask that attorney the same question, except predicated on one vile act nullifying hundreds of exemplary acts. Or, to put it another way, "How many 'atta boy's does one 'oh shit' wipe out?"

--Al

How hard do u have to hit someone to cut their liver in half
Extremely hard. The liver in encased in a lot of fatty tissue that protects it. It is one of the better protected organs. Generally liver lacerations are only seen in people who've been involved in high impact crashes etc. To almost split it in half would require extreme amounts of force used.

Her attorney said "I still believe that my client became overwhelmed by her circumstances as sometimes we do, a lot of people don't some people do get overwhelmed and in this case it just didn't work for her,"...

Ok, it just didn't work for her so it was ok to beat the child to death cuz...ya know, it just didn't work for her. Well, I don't think prison's gonna work for you either, you murdering bitch, but aint nuttin' you can do about that!

Her attorney said "I still believe that my client became overwhelmed by her circumstances as sometimes we do, a lot of people don't some people do get overwhelmed and in this case it just didn't work for her,"...

Ok, it just didn't work for her so it was ok to beat the child to death cuz...ya know, it just didn't work for her. Well, I don't think prison's gonna work for you either, you murdering bitch, but aint nuttin' you can do about that!
You know what doesn’t work for me?

This bitch.

Back