• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Police officers in upstate New York are on the hunt Monday for a suspect after a woman was found chained up in his basement.

Niagara Falls officers said they started receiving calls Sunday about a missing woman and found a trail of blood leading up to the back door of a home on Monroe Avenue. Investigators then breached the door and found the woman chained up inside, Niagara Falls Detective Captain Kelly Rizzo told the Niagara Gazette.

The man suspected of restraining her – 25-year-old Michael Ciskiewic – has vanished, according to WKBW.

Police was first drawn to the area earlier Sunday after receiving a call about an assault involving a woman. They responded to a property a few houses down the street, but could not locate a victim, reports say.

The woman who was found chained up is now said to be recovering at a local hospital.

"Police initially had surrounded the home after finding the woman, believing they were in a standoff with Ciskiewic. Yet after 12 hours, officers broke the property’s windows – only to find him not there, the Niagara Gazette reported."

Ya think he had a good head start on escaping? Who was directing this failed capture, Barney Fife?

I had a guy come into my Walmart last week. He walks up to me and demands to see security. I ask what's going on and he says he needs to borrow their handcuff keys. He goes on to tell us that his dog is cuffed. We end up calling the police to "assist" him. I've been waiting to hear if he had some poor person restrained somewhere, mostly because most dogs could only be cuffed by the collar. Any person with a brain would just remove said collar. People are freaky and this guy was just scary.

Niagara County Court Judge Matthew J. Murphy III called his sentence "rare" in a non-homicide case.
But in sentencing hearing, he also told Michael Ciskiewic that if anyone desired to serve a sentence of life behind bars, it was him.

"I hope you serve a life sentence," Murphy told Ciskiewic as he sentenced him to a term of 12 years to life in prison for his guilty plea to abducting, beating and raping a woman, then chaining her in the basement of his Monroe Avenue home in June 2019.
First Assistant District Attorney Doreen Hoffmann told Murphy, "This case is every woman's worst nightmare." The judge agreed with her.

"He has earned every minute of his potential life sentence," Hoffmann said.
Falls Police investigators said Ciskiewic, 27, abducted his victim at gunpoint on June 9, 2019 and dragged her back to his home, where he chained her to a cannonball in his basement. He then moved her to an upstairs room and chained her to a bed to rape her.

Over the course of the next 12 hours, detectives said Ciskiewic raped and repeatedly beat the woman, breaking bones in both her face and her hand.
The victim, who has since relocated to an undisclosed location away from the Falls, watched the sentencing hearing live on an internet stream. Her sister, who was in the courtroom, read a victim impact statement crafted by the victim's aunt.

"Her whole life has changed at the hands of a man who, even with remorse, cannot return (her) to the life she was building," Lucia Hoyt told Murphy. "(Her) life has been totally disrupted. She has been forced to pick up and relocate to an undisclosed location. She had to move from her house where the nightmare took place."
Ciskiewic's defense attorney, Michael Deal, told Murphy that his client had expressed remorse to him for the victim's suffering. But Murphy said Ciskiewic's attempted to withdraw his guilty plea in the case, and other delaying tactics, showed he had not accepted responsibility for the crime.

Deal confirmed that Ciskiewic will appeal his conviction. He told Murphy he had advised his client not to speak at the hearing.
When Murphy asked Ciskiewic if he had anything to say, he replied, "No sir."

His appeal in 2023 was denied.

If he is granted parole it will not be until 06/05/2031

Back