• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A woman was shot and killed as she slept in her vehicle alongside her dog, Dallas police say.

Relatives of the woman told police they heard a loud noise outside the home, located along the 1300 block of Grinnell Street, shortly after midnight. According to police, they went outside to investigate and found the 65-year-old woman unresponsive in her SUV parked beside the home.

Police said the woman, who hasn't been identified, died from a gunshot wound to her chest.

Investigators reported seeing a bullet hole on the driver's die of the vehicle and two shell casings on the street a short distance away from the vehicle. The early investigation indic
[....]
Police have not released information on suspects.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Woman-Fatally-Shot-While-Sleeping-in-SUV-in-Dallas-510004121.html

According to police, the family had recently moved to the address and wouldn't allow the woman's dog to stay in the house, so she had chosen to sleep in the car with the dog. Officers said the dog was unharmed. :confused: Welcome to the ‘hood!
Post automatically merged:

@EyEgOrE the shots came from a passing car .. can happen in any neighborhood .. if you’re looking for trouble you’ll find it anywhere..

Last edited:
That address is on the southern end of Dallas County if you want to call that "hood". About 5 miles from my work and near Laurel Land, if you know where that is.

That address is on the southern end of Dallas County if you want to call that "hood". About 5 miles from my work and near Laurel Land, if you know where that is.
I was just being sarcastic.. trouble knows no limits or bounds .. it is a little more protected and hidden with currency

I mean, that's nice that the family says she was napping outside to keep the dog company.

But this sounds like your run-of-the-mill heroin drama to me.

If they just moved to the home, and it was really a drive by shooting, maybe the target was someone who used to live there previously? On the other hand, not sure how visible a sleeping person would be while inside an SUV, and why shoot an empty car... did they somehow know she was there? Or maybe her relatives who would not let the dog inside the house were tired of the dog drama and decided to eliminate the problem themselves. Hope we get more details.

Back