• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Reusable metal straws may be good for the planet, but they can also kill you.

The November 2018 death of Broadstone, England, resident Elena Struthers-Gardner has just been ruled accidental. According to the Daily Echo, the 60-year-old woman collapsed in her kitchen while holding a glass — whose 10-inch steel straw drove through her left eye socket and pierced her brain.

Specifically, Struthers-Gardner was carrying a jar-style glass with a screw-top lid that held the straw in place.

The cause of death was traumatic brain injury — and the coroner who investigated her gruesome end is warning others not to use metal straws in drink lids that keep them fixed in place.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/09/metal-drinking-straw-impales-uk-womans-brain-killing-her/

I learned about the straw and potato thing way back during my 5 minutes of college. Yeah you don't think it would work but it does.

I don't let any small child, that I tend to, have a full length straw, I carry tiny little foldable scissors to cut them in half. When my oldest was a baby he shoved the straw too far down his throat, gagged on it and cut his throat. Lesson learned.

Hey for all we know when she passed out it might have been something else that was on the way to killing her. The straw just beat them to it.

I am going to go out right now and buy the largest 7-Eleven banana Slurpee I can find and load it with 37 straws. Them I am going to drink it fast incredibly fast so I get the world's worst case of brain freeze. It will be so bad I may collapse in pain and agony I may even pass out! I am just that much of a risk-taker and playing the odds.

The only thing you will not catch me doing is running with the bulls in Pamplona Spain because that is f****** stupid and certain f****** death

Back