• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
A Utah woman wants to see change after an antiquated ordinance led her to receive misdemeanor charges for allowing her cat to laie on their front lawn.

When Kate Anderson was first approached by animal control, she thought something terrible had happened to their cat. Then, the officer gave her a citation, carrying the weight of two misdemeanor charges, for letting her cat lie on their own lawn.

[...]

“He’s got a cat door, so he just comes and goes and is a cat,” Anderson said.

However, they never expected their furry feline would be the reason they were slapped with misdemeanor charges.

“There he is, back at the scene of the crime,” Anderson laughed as her cat came near her and laid on the lawn.

On Monday, Kate said Milo had let himself outside and was on their front lawn – someone then took a picture of Milo and reported it.

“I just got a ticket for my cat being outside, in my yard,” Anderson said in disbelief.

An animal control employee received the report and made a house call to Kate’s Murray home. They then wrote her a citation.

[...]

Two charges were listed on the citation, both Class B misdemeanors. The first for having an ‘animal at large,’ the second for ‘not having an animal license attached.’

[...]

Link

Now, if the cat is all over the neighborhood in other people's yards, catching birds as the eat from bird feeders, and shitting and pissing all over the neighbor's property then yay for animal control.
But, If the cat is in her own yard then this is bullshit.

Back