• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Around 1:30 p.m. June 6, 26-year-old Jastasia King was traveling westbound W. Ledbetter Drive, approaching the intersection of Vista Wood Boulevard while a youth football team was at the intersection collecting donations from passing motorists.

Ricky Tave, 12, stepped off the north curb and ran south across W. Ledbetter — not on the cross walk — and was struck by the King’s 2002 Nissan.

King stopped after the collision, but got back in her vehicle and attempted to leave, police said.

Witnesses attempted to detain her before Dallas Fire Rescue arrived but she had already left the location.

Tave was transported to a children’s hospital and was later pronounced dead."

DD1h.jpg

Is that her or Ricky in the photo?

Tragic. I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I don't think leaving would be my first or second instinct but I'd be too distraught to be of any help to the victim. I still feel bad for her though because the victim appeared to be at fault from what I read and I'm certainly not trying to blame a dead kid by any means.

He didn't get the chance to learn from his mistake but I'll make sure my kid does.

R.I.P. little man.

The whole stupid criminal ideology of hiding a smaller crime with murder. You’re gonna get “caught” either way. The I’m sorry I was scared don’t fly after the fact.

I'm on the fence about this one. Fight or flight can kick in in these situations, which impairs your ability to make rational choices. I can imagine the sight of a dead kid in the road wouldn't help anyone stay rational, either. One of my high school friends flipped her SUV on a country road, got out of the car, looked at the damage, and just started running. She didn't do anything wrong, it was just icy and she didn't have much driving experience. She was just terrified and ran.

I was in a car accident this winter. Relatively minor, but still really stressful. Also not my fault, an old lady pulled out in front of me. Immediately after, I had this strong impulse to just GET AWAY! I got out of my car and everyone was fine, but I ended up leaving before reporting the accident to police, which was a dumb idea, but I literally could not think straight. I was in shock. An hour later I called the police office to report it... They took my leaving prematurely to mean that I was guilty somehow, and gave me a citation. It was eventually dismissed, but damn. Just an example of how adrenaline can mess with you!

I mean, maybe this woman truly is a terrible person with a callous disregard for human life. But maybe not. It's hard for me to judge without more information.

Back