• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
full

This lovely gentleman is in the news today for committing a crime against a woman who was simply trying to give him the change he begged from her.

Um, sorry not sorry, but if this guy comes up to me asking for money, I'm A) not giving him anything and B) not wasting time rummaging around in my purse with my vehicle open, giving him an opportunity to try something stupid.

Sometimes you really can judge a book by its cover, and Raul Perez is the poster child for that sentiment.

Ruskin has a Hispanic gang presence, and I don't like the look of all those facial tattoos, considering.

Raul repaid his victim's kindness by carjacking her and then crashing her ride a couple of miles down the street.

He then fled and tried to hide out after ditching the clothes he was wearing, because of course his shirt is totally what the victim was going to describe to help the cops identify him. :rolleyes:

The incident occurred at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 2000 block of E. College Ave.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said the woman was outside of the business when a man came up to her and asked for 50 cents. When she reached into her purse for the money, investigators say the man attacked her, grabbed her keys out of her hand and drove off in her 2014 Ford Escape before crashing the vehicle into a ditch less than two miles away.
Authorities said the suspect, identified as 30-year-old Raul Perez ran into a home nearby. He tried to hide in the attic but fell through the roof. Investigators say Perez had just showered and was not wearing clothes when they found him.
The victim of the carjacking positively identified Perez as the suspect. Deputies later found the clothing he wore during the carjacking at his home between a wall and the kitchen stove.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsboro...d-while-giving-money-to-panhandler/1778378853

I always roll up my windows and lock the doors when I run up to intersections with panhandlers ... I just don't trust them, they're begging for quarters, and are looking for enough $$$ to wreck themselves ... They don't give themselves any consideration, so I don't either. Its just my rule so I don't end up like this lady.

Back