• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Amanda Leonard-Helum, 38, was arrested Tuesday night, nearly three weeks following the incident. She allegedly drove the toddler, who police had said she was adopting, and an unrelated 4-year-old boy from Waterloo to Des Moines the night of June 26, which is when the boy accessed the pills, the Des Moines Police Department said in a news release.

"Upon arriving in Des Moines, Leonard-Helum became aware that during the drive, the 2-year-old child had accessed and ingested pill/tablet medications that were prescribed to Leonard-Helum," the news release stated. "Rather than seek medical care, Leonard-Helum decided to monitor the child throughout the night."

Before 8 a.m. June 27, officers and medics responded to an apartment complex in the 3600 block of East Douglas Avenue, where they found "a deceased 2-year-old male," the release said.

Toxicology reports indicated the boy died due to an overdose, police said. The 4-year-old was monitored at a local hospital, the release said, but there was no indication that he ingested medications.

Leonard-Helum was "in the final stages of adopting" the 2-year-old, who was the son of an ex-boyfriend, Des Moines police spokesman Sgt. Paul Parizek said. They were in Des Moines to visit her current boyfriend, who is the father of the 4-year-old, the Des Moines Register reported in June."

Link!

DrDe1n.jpg

Last edited:
That’s one scary looking momma! Too busy plucking her eyebrows perhaps to bother calling an ambulance for the baby (that she supposedly loved enough to adopt) after she knows he’s ingested her medication?!

This is not the typical case where a druggie is scared they’ll get busted after the baby gets into their stash- it’s reported that she was prescribed the medication, so why not take the baby to the hospital??

I had the scare of my life awhile back. I take Adderall and I keep it in a pillbox inside another pillbox in my home office (kids are not allowed in) behind 2 giant computer monitors at very back of my desk under a file organizer.

Woke up one morning to find all my pills dumped out on the floor. Boy had snuck out of his room the night before. I frantically began putting the pills back in the case to see if he took anything. It’s all just vitamins and the one medication. Everything was accounted for...except 1/2 of 1 pill. (Guess which one) So my hubdand was grabbing him and asking if ate any of the pills (he’s 3, kinda pointless to ask) he looked and was acting normally, but we were packing up and heading out to the ER. Found the other half of the pill in front of the door leading to garage. Won’t happen again, but I couldn’t imagine thinking “hmm let’s wait this one out”

Back