• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"A 73-year-old woman who beat her wheelchair-bound husband to death with a wooden pole after years of abuse has been jailed for two years and four months.

Packiam Ramanatham hit 76-year-old Kanagusabi Ramanathan with the wooden stick as he lay in his bed, the Old Bailey heard.

Ramanatham had admitted the manslaughter of her husband but it took a jury just half an hour to clear her of murder.

During her trial the court heard that the couple had an arranged marriage in 1983 and fled Sri Lanka in the civil war.

Ramanathan told how she had suffered years of bullying and abusive behaviour at the hands of her husband, who treated her “like a slave” and repeatedly accused her of having an affair with the fishmonger because he called her “darling” when he served her."

News1g.jpg

People in wheel chairs can physically hurt others, just as well as a person who is mobile. I bet she (allegedly) had to clean him up when he went to the bathroom, had to cook for him, and he complained about it constantly, and accused her day after day. Throwing stuff, grabbing and twisting arms, running into her with the chair, verbally assaulting her, the list goes on. Just because someone is wheelchair-bound, it doesn't make their throwing arm weak. Been there, done that. A person can only take so much.

I bet he wasn’t always in a wheelchair. Karma!

Prison will be peaceful.

Back