• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.sacb...ee.com/news/local/crime/article210057689.html

A single-vehicle crash Friday night in Stockton killed a 2-year-old boy and resulted in the arrest of the child’s father on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to the Stockton Police Department.
Officers said the vehicle struck a pole near Wilson Way and Hazelton Avenue. Police officers arrived at 8:06 p.m. and the boy was taken to an area hospital, where he died from his injuries. Officers said that another small child in the car was uninjured and was turned over to a family member.
The driver and victim’s father, 28-year-old William Tabke, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of felony driving under the influence and child endangerment. He was booked into San Joaquin County Jail.

This is pretty maddening.
The wife/mother is calling this a terrible accident.
Drunk driving deaths are not terrible accidents.
It's more than upsetting. It's bullshit. Drinking then driving with your two small kids in the car isn't an accident. I love Will don't get me wrong. But for him to do this is fucked up. And everyone is brushing it off like it was a mistake. I wish I could get the police reports. Because stuff isn't adding up.

I'm nauseous having involuntary images of an impaled two year old quick flash in my head.

Not only that but I believe he backed up and then tried to get away or something because there are two crash area's. I just can't pull anything else up on it and I'm annoyed. His dad Gary is going to try to sue the city for it. And is trying to prove that it's all a mistake.

I love how righteous you people are. You have no idea what caused the crash. As a close friend to the family I know exactly what cause it. He wasn’t speeding and witnessed back up what he told police. Never mind you he pulled his two year old out of the car and desperately tried to save his love, that blood on his shirt is that of his kid. A 175lb man can drink 2 beers in an hour and be over or at the legal limit. He blew A .11, that isn’t drunk and until 10yrs ago the legal limit was .10 for almost forty years. It is however awesome to know none of you have ever drank and drove. So proud of all of you. And yes he did have a previous dui, 9 1/2 years ago when he was 19...

Not only that but I believe he backed up and then tried to get away or something because there are two crash area's. I just can't pull anything else up on it and I'm annoyed. His dad Gary is going to try to sue the city for it. And is trying to prove that it's all a mistake.

He didn’t back up, after hitting the fence he corrected left and crossed the lane and hit a pole. Go ahead and read what KCRA says cause they’re not giving you all the facts. You people are disgusting. He served his country hasn’t had so much as a ticket in almost a decade. Enjoy the sun in those glass houses

Wtf are you talking about???? His dad is going to sue? For what? You literally have no clue what you’re talking about. I’d love to know what you’re name is, I’m sure we know each other and I’d love to see you face to face and educate you on the fact then beat you’re stupid ass for making stupid claims with no validity what so ever to them...

And that has a bearing on this case . . . how?

Please explain that.

And that has a bearing on this case . . . how?

Please explain that.

--Sergeant Al

Lol why only highlight that part of the sentence sarge? He’s a good person. That’s what I’m saying. .03 is the difference of like 3/4 a beer. I guarantee he was fine to drive hence why he did. His wife spoke to him on the phone not 20 mins before and said he’s totally fine, people that were with him prior said he had 3 beers in a hour and forty-five minutes and was fine. I’m not saying it was ok he drank, but I know what cause that accident. And it wasn’t alcohol. But because he had beer on his breath and was just over the limit he was arrested. I also know he wasn’t speeding, driving eractically prior to the crash as stated by people who were behind yet the news doesn’t report that. The news also hasn’t reported how the accident happened and how witnesses corabarated what he said happened. None of that has made news articles. And if there wasn’t a mans freedom on the line I’d share that with. Don’t condemn a man you know no facts about. This is a tragedy in every way. You people are disgusting...

Lol why only highlight that part of the sentence sarge? He’s a good person. That’s what I’m saying. .03 is the difference of like 3/4 a beer. I guarantee he was fine to drive hence why he did. His wife spoke to him on the phone not 20 mins before and said he’s totally fine, people that were with him prior said he had 3 beers in a hour and forty-five minutes and was fine. I’m not saying it was ok he drank, but I know what cause that accident. And it wasn’t alcohol. But because he had beer on his breath and was just over the limit he was arrested. I also know he wasn’t speeding, driving eractically prior to the crash as stated by people who were behind yet the news doesn’t report that. The news also hasn’t reported how the accident happened and how witnesses corabarated what he said happened. None of that has made news articles. And if there wasn’t a mans freedom on the line I’d share that with. Don’t condemn a man you know no facts about. This is a tragedy in every way. You people are disgusting...
You can sit here screaming that we don't know what happened and that alcohol and speed weren't factors, but he was involved in a single vehicle crash. That by default means it's his fault. Not to mention that they have now upgraded his charges from gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated to felony murder. Those arent your average drunk driving charges. He blew over the legal limit. Alcohol absolutely was a factor. You want to bring up how a decade ago the limit was higher like its some kind of justification for what happened, however current law dictates that he was over the limit and thats all that matters.

No "good parent"or "great guy" drinks and then drives their children around and yes I'll throw fucking stones and judge all I want. I've never driven drunk and I don't drink around my children. I grew up with a parent who was a drunk and would drive with us while in that state and I cant even begin to tell you how terrifying it is to be a child in a vehicle barreling down the road with a drunk parent. Zero sympathy.

To top it all off, he signed a document on his last DUI convition that warned him if he did it again and anyone was killed he'd be charged with murder..and he still did it. There's the thing with drunks they get away with driving drunk far more than they get caught doing it and it's almost never a 1 time event..even if it was a 1 time event(which we know its not considering he's got a previous conviction!) it doesn't excuse putting your children in harms way.
The DA’s Office said Tabke has a prior 2009 conviction for driving drunk over the legal limit.

Drivers in California who are convicted of a DUI are required to sign a form known as a Watson advisement.
Named after a 1981 California Supreme Court case, and legally known as implied malice, the document is a record that if a previously convicted person continues to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or both, and someone is killed as a result of their driving, that driver can be charged with murder, the DA’s Office said.
http://www.recordnet.com/news/20180...guilty-in-deadly-crash-that-killed-2-year-old

Being a alcoholic doesn't make someone a bad person, but failing to get treatment does. Even the threat of a murder charge did not stop this man from drinking and driving. There is just no excuse for it. Drink at home or take Uber or whatever, but do not, for the love of all that is holy, put anyone else at risk for your addiction.

Lol why only highlight that part of the sentence sarge?
You seem to believe that since he was in the service he should get a pass on this. I cited that specific portion of what you wrote because I wanted to see how you would justify somebody who was trained to obey rules and regulations, to follow orders without flinching, violating this specific regulation.

To my way of thinking his prior service exacerbates, not mitigates, his guilt.

--Al

Holy shit! If I was in any way connected to an event that involved the words "father",,"toddler killed" "his own son"," impaled", "DUI" I would never contribute to its internet life by commenting on it! And so soon!
This one wins a big tard defender trophy!
And what's with the " how dare you judge, he served his country" rubbish?
He sure didn't serve his children. That is more important.
Do I feel a ptsd defense coming along?

Last edited:
He blew A .11, that isn’t drunk and until 10yrs ago the legal limit was .10 for almost forty years.

So at least for the past 50 years, he would’ve been considered too drunk to drive.

Gotcha. :penguin:

Good job proving the opposite of what you were attempting to.

Poor sweet baby. I’m sorry your dad made awful choices that night. Hopefully he’ll pay for what happened to you.

I personally have never drank and driven. I cannot feel sympathy for someone, that took the lives of every person on the road and in his vehicle that day, into his drunk hands. I do feel deeply for this "mans" family and this babies family, they have lost too much. To find out the person, you loved and trusted cared more about a few beers than the safety of his own flesh and blood. Not only did you deprive your child of his life, you scared your other child for life, having to witness the death of a sibling. You deprived your family of a life time with your child. All, because you chose to get buzzed and drive a vehicle, and of course this was not "your fault".
I hope, we get to hear from the person, that knows you did not drink of your own accord, the alcohol was forced on you. Then you were forced to drive with your precious children in the vehicle. You, sir had no options, it was all just a horrific accident and was in no way your fault...

I personally have never drank and driven. I cannot feel sympathy for someone, that took the lives of every person on the road and in his vehicle that day, into his drunk hands. I do feel deeply for this "mans" family and this babies family, they have lost too much. To find out the person, you loved and trusted cared more about a few beers than the safety of his own flesh and blood. Not only did you deprive your child of his life, you scared your other child for life, having to witness the death of a sibling. You deprived your family of a life time with your child. All, because you chose to get buzzed and drive a vehicle, and of course this was not "your fault".
I hope, we get to hear from the person, that knows you did not drink of your own accord, the alcohol was forced on you. Then you were forced to drive with your precious children in the vehicle. You, sir had no options, it was all just a horrific accident and was in no way your fault...

I so want to give you an Awesome Response :hattip:

Back