• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Because 8th graders created a 3D printed prosthetic leg for her! Hat tip to ghosttruck for article and title.

[....]
Students from East Lycoming School District took action to help a nearly year old chicken, named Blue, walk again.

CNN affiliate WNEP says Blue was severely hurt after a raccoon broke into a chicken coop outside Briannah Miller's home near Montoursville. Several chickens died, and Blue lost her leg.

"I know she's just out here trying to have a normal chicken life and then she lost a leg so, working on it," Miller said.
[....]
WNEP says Miller's teacher, Brandi Dillon, along with students in her STEM class used the design tool Tinker Cad and a 3D printer to make different leg designs for Blue.

"It was a piece of all four of those students that we kind of combined each of their ideas, and that's what actually ended up working," Dillon said.

The group says it took nearly a dozen tries to find the right fit for Blue, and now, she has a functioning leg.

"When it walked, it hopped a lot, but it was moving its foot a little bit," said eighth grader Mason Hoppes. "I don't think it's adjusted to it yet. It's pretty neat how it was able to stay stable and walk."

"I thought it was amazing just knowing that what I did was able to help something," said eighth grader Trynaty Gehr.

The school says it hopes to continue making the adjustments to Blue's new leg to keep her walking.
full

https://wjactv.com/news/local/8th-g...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

I'm crying because a chicken got a new leg.

Ugh. I need to buck up.

Have you seen that commercial for A Dog's Journey? That goddamned preview had me bawling the other night. Like seriously, fuck that movie and fuck its whole premise. My bf was losing his shit, he thought it was hilarious. :bored:

Every time it came back on he'd be eyeballing me like :woot: to see if it'd get me again.

Just out here trying to live a normal chicken life?

BS!
I see no biscuits, no gravy, no barbecue sauce, no corn bread, no dumplings, no mashed potatoes and certainly no stuffing!

Ok, I get it some kid loves this chicken. It's a pet that's terrific! Man KFC in the one story chicken leg on this one f*** I'm hungry and it's midnight. Dammit

Have you seen that commercial for A Dog's Journey? That goddamned preview had me bawling the other night. Like seriously, fuck that movie and fuck its whole premise. My bf was losing his shit, he thought it was hilarious. :bored:

Every time it came back on he'd be eyeballing me like :woot: to see if it'd get me again.
No, I have only and shitassed antenna and only get a few local channels for the news. I swear all the commercials are colonial Penn life insurance, attorneys chasing after people that may have had hernia surgery with mesh that went wrong or crazy new drugs with even worse side effects than the actual sickness = who needs gang green on or in their genitals?!!!
So, no, I haven't but I'm about to go to youtube and watch it. Haha.

Edit
:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

I hope my horse comes back to me.

Last edited:
Back