• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Made my go-to lazy dinner tonight. Sweet potatoes, onion, and bell pepper diced and tossed with olive oil and seasoning. Green beans with minced garlic tossed with a sprinkle of oil and soy sauce, with seasonings, and marinated chicken breast.

Throw the veggies on one big pan (beans on one end, mixed veggies on the other) put the chicken on a separate pan, and roast everything in the oven.

All of this is interchangeable and can be modified depending on what I happen to have on hand.

ETA: Jesus @Craygor my apologies on the triggering :joyful:

I post from my phone, and frankly typing veggies is just faster than typing out vegetables, because I can double press the g and it auto-completes for me without moving way across the keyboard to go to the next letter.

ETA#2: And saying just veg sounds too much like vag to me, sooo that's out too.

Last edited:
"Veggies", I fucking hate that fucking word. It used to just be used by stupid people to get toddlers to get them to eat their damn meal. I hate when people talk down to children like that and I hate it now when I go to a fucking restaurant and the menu list "veggies", or when the staff says that damn word when describing a meal. I hate being talked to like I a damned toddler, what's fucking next, a fucking sippy cup for my whiskey sour? I wish people would grow the fuck up and use adult words, for fuck's sake.

Alright, rant over, motherfuckers.

Spaghetti with Costco meatballs, steamed carrots with butter and honey and garlic bread.

I'm on the schedule for Wednesday with BBQ rabbit (basically pulled pork with rabbit).

I made a big crock pot full of chilli this morning ..
That sounds like an idea for a snowy Iowa Sunday.

Anaheim, Hungarian wax, poblano, and jalapeno peppers.
Baseball-sized onion.
Roma tomatoes.
Tomatillos (optional).
Inexpensive pork roast.

Peel the peppers by roasting them on a hot comal or on a stove eye covered with several layers of metal screen. Rest, covered, in a bowl covered with a damp kitchen towel to loosen the skins. Wearing rubber gloves, remove skins and coarsely chop peppers, removing the internal ribs in proportion to the desired mildness of the chili.

Chop onion and, optionally, caramelize a portion.

Peel tomatoes and tomatillos by plunging into boiling water then in ice water. Chop coarsely.

Cut the pork roast into thumb-sized pieces. Heat a tablespoon or two of oil and brown pork.

Saute raw onion with pork until it's translucent.

Add remaining ingredients along with enough water to cover. Salt to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. It should be about ready to serve in 90 minutes to two hours.

--Al

Well, I made my BBQ rabbit today. My wife got home and started getting creative with it. She said she had a BBQ salad at Cafe Rio recently and thought this might be good. She made some homemade BBQ sauce from the drippings. We put romaine lettuce and red peppers on the plate. I topped that with some crushed corn chips. On top of that was blue cheese salad dressing. On that came the rabbit then the onions that it had cooked in all day. Topped it all off with avocado. This is definitely on our "to make again" list. Everyone loved it.

Well, I made my BBQ rabbit today. My wife got home and started getting creative with it. She said she had a BBQ salad at Cafe Rio recently and thought this might be good. She made some homemade BBQ sauce from the drippings. We put romaine lettuce and red peppers on the plate. I topped that with some crushed corn chips. On top of that was blue cheese salad dressing. On that came the rabbit then the onions that it had cooked in all day. Topped it all off with avocado. This is definitely on our "to make again" list. Everyone loved it.
View attachment 13193

DAMN that looks amazing (except the bule cheese dressing) but my mouth is watering pretending its ranch
Post automatically merged:

oh damn, that looked so good you almost made me forget the reason I came here to begin with! lmao I got myself an elec pressure cooker months ago and have yet to use it... I am making an apple n onion pork tenderloin this weekend, I have had the ingredients but havent had the time.. I am SO pumped to try this thing... anyone have a Insta pot/ or elec pressure cooker have any tried n true recipes to offer up???

Last edited:
DAMN that looks amazing (except the bule cheese dressing) but my mouth is watering pretending its ranch

oh damn, that looked so good you almost made me forget the reason I came here to begin with! lmao I got myself an elec pressure cooker months ago and have yet to use it... I am making an apple n onion pork tenderloin this weekend, I have had the ingredients but havent had the time.. I am SO pumped to try this thing... anyone have a Insta pot/ or elec pressure cooker have any tried n true recipes to offer up???

I got the Crock Pot express last Christmas and finally tried it out a month or two ago. Lol. Made black beans for new years that were great. If you ever cook with dried beans it's amazing how much time you can save with a pressure cooker. No pre-soaking or anything.

I got the Crock Pot express last Christmas and finally tried it out a month or two ago. Lol. Made black beans for new years that were great. If you ever cook with dried beans it's amazing how much time you can save with a pressure cooker. No pre-soaking or anything.

good to know, because I LOVE making yellow pea soup and that shit takes forever, so i don't do it too often!!!! n Lentil soup too

My wife and son both used ranch.

I got my wife an insta-pot for christmas this past year. She has used it quite a bit. She made an awesome chicken dish with it, but I can't remember what else she's done.

My wife and son both used ranch.

I got my wife an insta-pot for christmas this past year. She has used it quite a bit. She made an awesome chicken dish with it, but I can't remember what else she's done.

Well if she has any really extra good recipes that don't take too long, feel free to share them. Under 60 mins from start to finish would be awesome - I dont get home until late during the week... The pork recipe I am doing is 60 min cook time, but still need to prep - wait for pressure to build up etc, all together it will prob end up being at least an hour n half (hence me trying this recipe on a weekend)

My pork with apple n onion came out really good - was a little dry, I think next time I would cook it a bit less time - but for first time using the pressure cooker, it was damn good!

It was literally just 3 apples peeled n chopped up, 1 onion chopped up, 1 cup of apple juice, 1 cup stock. 4 pd pork loin.

Sat night I ate it sliced over mashed taters with the juice/gravy... Sunday I shredded a bunch n reheated it with a bunch of the juices thickened to make more of a real gravy, again over taters... SO good - better the second day!

Visiting my parents in MS. Last night we went out to dinner and I had an AMAZING shrimp and grits dish which included andouille sausage and a lovely cajun cream sauce.

Tonight my Mom is cooking for me (woo!) and we're grilling a Hawaiian chicken (marinated chicken, with pineapple), sweet potatoes, brocolli, and my great Aunt's classic Southern banana pudding recipe for dessert. :p

I made an apple and onion pork roast yesterday
Today we're having Pork fried rice house style ... so with mushrooms, shrimp, sprouts and eggs, green onions. A bowl of it is a full meal. I fucking love left overs.

I love my Instapot!! I can cook a meal in like 20 minutes!! Healthy, low calorie but super tasty stuff.

I love my Instapot!! I can cook a meal in like 20 minutes!! Healthy, low calorie but super tasty stuff.
I want one...I suspect my wife has one ready to order for me. Tonight will be cream of mushroom and roasted garlic soup. The head of the Culinary program at the college is trying out a new recipe and wants my input so I have a bunch to take home.

We have an InstaPot, crockpot, and that Phillips air fryer that I had been eyeing for at least a year. They reeled me in with a half price offer on the air fryer. We use all of these frequently and the air fryer does really make things taste good. I'm happy that I went ahead and bought it.

I've found tons of recipes on Pinterest for all of those appliances. I am simply lazy about posting the ones we have made.

butter beans with ham hocks and might go out to pick dandelions in yard to add to rice with dill and mustard seeds & greens. i make my beans over a 3 day period of time so the meat is practically melting into the gravy and that is good over rice and already made corn flat bread

Back