• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
butter beans with ham hocks and might go out to pick dandelions in yard to add to rice with dill and mustard seeds & greens. i make my beans over a 3 day period of time so the meat is practically melting into the gravy and that is good over rice and already made corn flat bread

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

tmdgirl

The girl who waited....forever.
Ok here goes....10 year old had sliders with cheese and mayo....9 year old had mac and cheese, 7 year old had waffles....husband had loaded nachos and 21 year old had a keto burger with steamed veggies. Currently cooking Italian sausages for the 22 year old to have when she gets home from work.....these assholes need to get on the same page and all eat one thing :arghh:

Muriel Schwenck

polyracial ecosexual
Bold Member!
Ok here goes....10 year old had sliders with cheese and mayo....9 year old had mac and cheese, 7 year old had waffles....husband had loaded nachos and 21 year old had a keto burger with steamed veggies. Currently cooking Italian sausages for the 22 year old to have when she gets home from work.....these assholes need to get on the same page and all eat one thing :arghh:
Sounds like you run an ala carte restaurant. Everyone gets to choose their meal?

tmdgirl

The girl who waited....forever.
Sounds like you run an ala carte restaurant. Everyone gets to choose their meal?
The 2 oldest are on keto, so they have to eat foods that follow the plan....hubby is easy and will eat whatever I make. The 3 youngest all have different likes/dislikes, and tonight just seemed like nobody likes the same thing. Tomorrow, they will all get the same meal and they will darn well eat it and like it :D

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

Taco Pie

1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1 T chili owder
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen corn, thawed, drained
1 C Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided
1 onion, chopped
1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
6 whole wheet tortillas (6 inch)
1/4 C sour cream

Heat oven to 375ºF.

Brown meat with onions and chili powder in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and corn; cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Spoon 1 cup meat mixture into 2-qt. round casserole; cover with 3 tortillas, overlapping if necessary to fit in dish. Top with 2 cups of the remaining meat mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas and remaining meat mixture; cover.

Bake 25 to 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted. Cut into wedges. Serve topped with sour cream.

Modifications I made:
1/2 can (14-1/2 oz) corn instead of frozen.
1/2 can (14-1/2 oz) pinto beans added
Served the sour cream on the plates instead of on top of the "pie". I didn't have a round casserole, so I used a covered skillet that was a little too big. Instead of pie, I ended up with a very delicious "pile" which we cut into wedges. Since I only used 1/2 can of corn and beans, I'm pretty much ready to make it again over the weekend, because there was not a bite left after dinner last night.

This was really quite good and I was pleased with my addition of beans. I think what makes the difference in this one is whole wheat tortillas. In fact, I liked them so much that's all I want to use now.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
@Satanica that looks delicious!

Today for lunch I am eating last night's leftovers.

I made homemade pork fried rice. I have tried to make fried rice before, without much success. It worked out much better this time, I think because the recipe has you cook a lot of the ingredients separately so they brown properly, then combine everything at the end.

https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/pork-fried-rice/

EyEgOrE

Bold Member!
@Satanica that looks delicious!

Today for lunch I am eating last night's leftovers.

I made homemade pork fried rice. I have tried to make fried rice before, without much success. It worked out much better this time, I think because the recipe has you cook a lot of the ingredients separately so they brown properly, then combine everything at the end.

https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/pork-fried-rice/
I don't understand how those hibachi cooks do it right there in front of you. I've never had any luck recreating that. I'll have to try the method you provided.

Muriel Schwenck

polyracial ecosexual
Bold Member!
The 2 oldest are on keto, so they have to eat foods that follow the plan....hubby is easy and will eat whatever I make. The 3 youngest all have different likes/dislikes, and tonight just seemed like nobody likes the same thing. Tomorrow, they will all get the same meal and they will darn well eat it and like it :D
You are running a restaurant. They aren't starving by being fussy.
I hope all your fussy eaters are fixing meals FOR YOU at least once a week if it means so much to them. They are taking advantage, but you are willing so enjoy.

Last edited:

Staff online