• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
On Sunday I saw 2001 A Space Odyssey on the big screen. Every couple years it pops up on Flashback Cinema or something like that and I always make an effort to see it. Just one of those moves that is exponentially better on the big screen. I took a friend who had never seen it and they were blown away. Also of note is that 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the films release. Hard to believe.

Ingrid goes west- 5/10 this movie is a tad fucked up...totally can see someone doing this shit in real life..
The only living boy in NY - 7/10 it was pretty good
Tag- 6/10 funny at times..good storyline.
My cousin Rachel- 6/10 ....

Does binge watching True Detective Season 1 count?

If not then Heavy Metal recently graced my screen.

Last edited:
"The Ravenous" on Netflix. I dont care what anyone says it was actually good in my book. Was in french but who needs dialogue in a good zombie flick?

Watched Ex Machina on Saturday night. I'd say 7.5/10. Not sure why this won best visual effects over Star Wars that year but it was a pretty cool movie. A small cast of about 4 main characters in a remote setting. Definitely check it out!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Your rating is wrong.

Anything below a 9/10 is a sin against humanity and a spit in the face of the art of film.

Last night we watched Astral (or tried to) after maybe 15 min we turned it off because it just kind of sucked and was slow..
We ended up watching Slender Man instead which was good but creepy imo...
This afternoon I'm watching Mile 22 :)

Watched "Morning Departure" 1951. John Mills, Nigel Patrick, R Attenborough, James Hayter. Submarine rescue drama.
That was so depressing so I cheered myself up with "The Pickwick Papers" 1952, also starring Hayter and Patrick

The clovehitch killer.

It seems loosely based on BTK. More drama than horror. I don't think I heard one curse word and it has zero gore. What it does have is suspense out the wazoo! Excellent film.....

Didn't watch a movie, listened to a great bbc radio play on youtube
"The Fall of the Sparrow" by Nigel Balchin. The "career" course of a mentally fragile man.

Sad listening but in the end a. compassionate view of mental illness from the POV of a lifelong friend who witnessed it all , tried help constructively, but wouldn't be a victim of the man's personal tragedy.
Very Somerset Maughamian.
I must read more of Nigel Balchin!

I saw Anna and the Apocalypse at the theater. A Christmas zombie musical set in a Scottish high school. A totally irresistible combination for me. It was awesome. Good musical numbers, lots of black comedy, zombies, Santa, a zombie Santa. What's not to like?

Red Army Soldiers "Russian Soldiers' Dance". I know the film is grainy but how can you not smile at so much exuberance?
The Soviet Army drafted ballet dancers for this dance troupe. Great propaganda.

Last edited:
I just got done watching it and I loved it! There is a book!? Is it called bird box as well?

At the end of Bird Box it said based on a novel by Josh Malerman. Just checked IMDB and the book is also called Bird Box. Can't wait to read it.

Found this on youtube while on a trip on Nostalgia Lane. Now I need to get the disc.

I highly suggest this movie.

Machine Gun Kelly was perfect for this flick.

The Loved Ones

2009 Aussie horror thriller teen scream gore fest. That's pretty much all I want to say about it, because I truly enjoyed not knowing anything about the plot and then having it all unfold during the film. I don't think you'll find another one like this, and the ending was to die for, ha ha.

Really, don't watch the trailer if you're actually going to watch the movie. It's way too much fun for spoilers.

I saw Arctic last night. An Icelandic film, in theaters now. It was quite good, and the actor was amazing.

Ok, I went the see The Upside on Monday night. I was more hungry for the popcorn than anything else. As much as I like Bryan Cranston, this movie was pretty crappy. Looking at IMDB I see that this was filmed in 2017. So seems like a shitty movie that the studio decided to sit on until they could bank on some outside publicity (say one of the stars backing out of hosting the Oscars or greenlighting of a Breaking Bad movie?????).

Same with Captain Marvel. So bad they're already doing damage control and it hasn't even been released. Like a bitch, Rotten Tomatoes disabled comments/ratings about the movie.

Back