• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Another twofer. I watched both of these on Amazon Prime.

Infinity Chamber

A man wakes up in a high tech cell run by AI. He has to figure out why he's in prison and how to outwit his jailer in order to escape. I found this very interesting with a lot of twists.

Time Lapse

Ever wish you had those winning lottery numbers? Three friends discover a machine that takes photos 24 hrs into the future and they figure out how to make it pay off. But, of course, there's a catch that they didn't foresee. If you like the time travel sort of films, you will love this one. Great ending.

I saw Joker on Sunday night. It was pretty interesting. I'm not sure what I expected it was going to be (or anyone else) but it wasn't what I expected. I've always been fascinated with the treatment of mental illness and this film was much more about mental illness, sociological interactions, tragedy, and traumatic stress.

I personally liked the movie. I would guess most didn't. It's supposed to be the first of a series of stand-alone origin movies. We'll see what comes of that. I thought it was very interesting that at the end they left it very ambiguous as to whether Arthur Fleck was in fact the Joker or if he "inspired" the Joker.

FWIW, as soon as I hear the "pedo anthem" (Gary Glitter song). I got a little pissed. I mean how hard is it not to use other music that doesn't benefit a pedophile?

Last movie I saw in a theater was Avengers Endgame....really enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as my 9 year old Marvel fan :)

Last movie I saw at home was a super cheesy made for tv movie called Past Malice: An Emma Fielding Mystery....gotta love when 80's and 90's actresses try to revive their careers with tv movies...and they all suck

Shock Waves (1977)

It was a bit slow moving, but the Nazi super men were super creepy. It was also nostalgic to see the cast of actors from my past. We watched some other old movie the other night, and my son (37) wanted to know if the quality was as bad then as it looks today. Why, yes, but at least it was in color! Movie technology has been just like audio technology regarding advancements. We were all perfectly satisfied with the quality of cassette tapes until we heard a CD and then there was no turning back. It was the same with streaming video vs VHS tapes.

I forgot to add the YouTube link. It's available there free.

Last edited:
Long Weekend which is alternatively known as Nature's Grave.

A couple with obvious issues goes camping for a weekend, but find themselves trapped when they can't seem to find the way back out. It's a slow burn as they begin to get harsh lessons in the consequences of disrespecting nature. Finally, they separately make last ditch efforts to escape. The ending is a twist that was worth waiting for and made this rather unspectacular movie worth watching.

Available free on YouTube under the alternate title Nature's Grave.

Small Town Crime

Great character acting on the part of John Hawkes who plays Mike Kendall. Mike has pretty much hit rock bottom after losing his LE job and half-heartedly looking for another one. He proves to be a damned good detective and manages to stay sober while pursuing this case while eluding both hit men and the local PD who aren't in the least bit happy about having his help. The movie turned out to be really good.

I heard about this movie from Flick Connections which I often turn to for ideas. He seems to have similar tastes to mine.

The Wrong Missy

Too funny! Tim (David Spade) makes the mix-up of the century but learns that maybe there is such a thing as too much compatibility and it's never been more hilarious. Amazing job by Lauren Lapkus! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie.

6/10 edited to add: Brimming with adult humor, so definitely not one for the kiddos.

Last edited:

On a quiet suburban street, a babysitter must defend a twelve-year-old boy from intruders, only to discover it's far from a normal home invasion.

Holy shit, this is not the movie I was expecting! I'll bet it won't be the one you will be expecting either! Now, prove me wrong! I fucking dare you!

I really can't risk saying anything else or I might spoil it. Amazon Prime describes it as a "holiday horror farce".

Last night I watched Midsommar. It was pretty bad ass. Was originally supposed to have a NC-17 rating and they had to cut 30 off to get an R.

MV5BMzQxNzQzOTQwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDQ2NTcwODM@__V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

A couple travels to Sweden to visit a rural hometown's fabled mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.

Back