• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Neighbors said they often argued loudly. Marie Johnson, 56, who lived nearby, said she heard Wall tell Taft at least twice that he would kill her if she left him.

"I would slam the door," she said, "just to let him know someone was watching him."

That lady is BAD. ASS. Wanted to let him know she was watching, without being too involved for her own safety.

Neighbors said they often argued loudly. Marie Johnson, 56, who lived nearby, said she heard Wall tell Taft at least twice that he would kill her if she left him.

"I would slam the door," she said, "just to let him know someone was watching him."

That lady is BAD. ASS. Wanted to let him know she was watching, without being too involved for her own safety.
If your going to be ballsy and let someone who's throwing around death threats know that you heard them you might as well call the police and report it.

In florida you can get up to 5 years in jail, it's considered a felony so it can be upgraded if you have previous charges and it qualifies for the 3 strikes because it's considered a violent offense. She could very well have saved her neighbors life by reporting it.

I had a friend who was born to a drug addict sperm deposit (random john) and a junkie prostitute mother who was eventually murdered. Something was very wrong in utero to begin with. My friend was an alcoholic and drug addict from birth until he was given to his grandmother around school age. His mother and her johns had sexually abused him. He was the most protective & kindest person to me- eventually as we grew up & some characteristics he had shown on an emotional level & what I saw him do to others made me run- and run fast.. I feel their is no place in society for people like this.. they should be humanely euthanized.. however.. I have empathy he did not create the monster he is.. he was simply born. This guy realizes what he is. I think he is accepting responsibility for the significant other, however, I honestly feel there is some little tiny piece of good still in there that KNOWS he hurt the one person he promised himself to protect and just can't accept that he caused the death of his baby.

I don't what it is, bad wiring or no soul, but some people truly are just born bad. I have empathy for the fact that they were created that way and are only doing what feels right or natural for them, but I kind of think they should be put on a deserted island somewhere where they can establish a hierarchy all their own...
Our luck they would name their now inhabited- deserted island China and try and take over the world.. Damn did I really say thato_Oo_O

If someone deserves the death penalty... yes, this guy. Certainly.
However... I think this guy should be studied, analyzed, kept into close scrutiny so we can learn what he thinks, how he thinks, how does he sees the world. He can be a great study subject on the "nature vs. nurture" debate (although I wouldn't dare to sit next to him asking him sensitive questions...). How much did the infant abuse triggered his violence? Does a lack of empathy necessarily ends up in criminal behavior? Given a proper raising (whatever that may be) a sociopath may become a scientist or a mathematician?... questions, so many questions.
Also: is it possible that the death of the baby was an "accident"? I mean, the guy is sleeping next to the baby and rolls over and crushes the baby: brakes his little tiny ribs that end up ripping his lungs and also brakes the little, soft skull. Just sayin'...

I was reading back through some of the earlier articles on this one and something suck out for me. One of the articles has a quote from the victim's stepmother and she says that she felt bad for Wall because of the stories he told about his childhood. Now, I'm not trying to discount what he went through but what if he picked up on that through the years and is using that to his advantage?

We're talking about 2 deaths here, a baby and the baby's mother. What if he is just a cunning psychopath (think Bundy) and is using his childhood to garner sympathy from people and spare his life or even lessen his time in prison? He wouldn't be the first stone-cold killer who was capable of telling stories that could bring us to tears about their childhoods.

Just throwing that out there as a possibility.

and is using his childhood to garner sympathy from people and spare his life or even lessen his time in prison
He's asking for the death penalty, he wants to die. Not saying he hasn't used those stories to garner sympathy at other points in time, but from what I've seen he hasn't been the one to bring up his past, it's been the media and family that brought it up. He didn't even use it in his defense, he plead guilty for the girlfriend and no contest for the baby.

Wall told the judge that he wanted to be sentenced to death and pleaded guilty to brutally killing Taft. However, he plead no contest to killing his son.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2015/2/22/sentencing_next_for_.html

He's asking for the death penalty, he wants to die.
Does he? Serious question on the track of what I was saying about him being a psychopath, could be another thing to get sympathy and support. Kind of like an "oh look, he's taking responsibility, I bet he could change". Hell, could even get him female attention while he's in, a girlfriend or wife and $$$ for his commissary.

Like I said he could be very cunning.

@Krystal Very real possibility. It's one of the reasons I'm glad the judge didn't allow him to tell the jury he wants the death penalty. It could potentially be used as a way to appeal his case. He could claim that the only reason he got the death penalty was because he asked for it and that when he asked for it he wasn't in his right mind or was so overcome with guilt he wasn't thinking straight or some other hoo-ha.

If your going to be ballsy and let someone who's throwing around death threats know that you heard them you might as well call the police and report it.

In florida you can get up to 5 years in jail, it's considered a felony so it can be upgraded if you have previous charges and it qualifies for the 3 strikes because it's considered a violent offense. She could very well have saved her neighbors life by reporting it.

Maybe she didn't hear the death threats themselves, just the arguing.

http://www.news965.com/ap/ap/florida/clearwater-man-given-death-in-murder-of-girlfriend/nrZTP/

The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/1X34O6M) reports that 41-year-old Craig Wall said, "Woohoo," when Pinellas County Circuit Judge Philip Federico sentenced him on Friday. Wall and Laura Taft had a baby, and while under Wall's care, the boy went into cardiac arrest and died. Wall was arrested for violating a domestic violence injunction.

Three days after getting out of jail, Wall crashed through a sliding-glass door of Taft's apartment and stabbed her to death.

Last February, Wall pleaded guilty to killing Taft and no contest to killing their child. He has said several times in court in the past several months that he wants the death penalty.
[doublepost=1465085365,1465085046][/doublepost]:punch:

Wall appealed his sentence on 4 issues-
Decided: February 22, 2018

(1) Whether the trial court erred in failing to order a competency evaluation prior to accepting the plea-
Wall was evaluated and determined to be competent, his claim is groundless.

(2) Whether the trial court erred by failing to recuse itself upon a motion to disqualify- (1) the motion was properly denied as time-barred; and (2) the motion did not demonstrate a well-founded fear of judicial bias.

(3) The voluntariness of the plea-Here, we conclude that Wall knowingly, intelligently, and voluntarily entered his plea of guilty and no contest.

4) the proportionality of the death sentences- The court found no error

@Krystal Very real possibility. It's one of the reasons I'm glad the judge didn't allow him to tell the jury he wants the death penalty. It could potentially be used as a way to appeal his case. He could claim that the only reason he got the death penalty was because he asked for it and that when he asked for it he wasn't in his right mind or was so overcome with guilt he wasn't thinking straight or some other hoo-ha.
And he pretty much tried what you predicted.

He is missing front teeth and looks like a mentally challenged Amish man. She looks normal. What on Earth was she doing with him??

My goodness isn't he a big sweet hunk of man.
God, women must get screaming thigh sweats over him.

Welcome to Opposites Day!

Back