• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Hellsbells

Trusted Member
Police investigating death of 4-week-old boy

CLEARWATER - The father of a 4-week-old boy who died last week made a video clip on a camera in which he says he "was sorry that he did something to the baby," according to court documents made available this week.

Craig Wall Sr. has not been charged in the death of his son, Craig Wall Jr. An investigation is ongoing.

Clearwater Police spokeswoman Elizabeth Watts said this afternoon the department is not commenting on what caused the baby's death.

But on Saturday, detectives seized Wall's camera, a red Nikon Coolpix, after the mother of the child, Laura Taft, found the video clip and told the detectives about it, according to an affidavit for a search warrant.

On Friday, Wall called 911 from the family's apartment at 635 Fairwood Ave., Apt. 372, and said his infant son was not breathing and had mucus in his mouth. The child was flown to All Children's Hospital, where he was on life support until Saturday, the search warrant says.

Wall told police Taft placed the baby in bed with him, and that he fell asleep next to the baby, the court documents say. He said the baby woke him up later that morning with his crying and coughing.

A doctor at All Children's Hospital who examined the child said he had a number of fractured ribs on his left side, and a CAT scan indicated there was swelling on the left side of the baby's brain, the documents state. There was also retinal hemorrhaging.

The doctor also said the injuries would not have been caused by a proper application of CPR, the documents say. The doctor "also suspected that the baby was either shaken or thrown into a soft-type surface to cause the injury to the brain," the documents say.

When talking to authorities, Wall denied shaking or intentionally harming the baby, the documents say.

The camera was placed alongside a shrine next to the baby's bassinet, and an officer took a look at the video clip before the search warrant was obtained. "She observed Craig Wall stating that he was sorry that he did something to the baby and that he did not mean to make the baby cry," the documents say.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/feb/11/police-investigating-death-4-week-old-boy/news-breaking/

LARGO — Arrested on a domestic violence violation charge after trying to attend his son's memorial service Sunday, a Clearwater man is suspected in the baby's death, a police report shows.

Largo police arrested Craig Alan Wall Sr., whose infant died Feb. 6, on a charge of violating a domestic violence injunction filed by the baby's mother.

The report from Largo police said Wall, 34, was arrested around 4 p.m., about two hours after he drove through the parking lot of St. Dunstan's Anglican Church, where his son's memorial service was being held.

The infant, Craig Wall Jr., was rushed to All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg on Feb. 5 after he went into cardiac arrest while in his father's care at the family's Clearwater apartment.

The child's mother was not home, according to Clearwater police, who are investigating the death. The 5-week-old baby died at the hospital the next day.

According to the Largo arrest report, the infant's mother obtained an injunction on Feb. 8 that forbade Wall Sr. from contacting her because of an investigation by Clearwater police "that (Wall Sr.) was suspected of being the one responsible for the infant's death."

Clearwater police declined to comment Tuesday. Police spokeswoman Beth Watts said investigators are waiting for results from the medical examiner, and the investigation is "ongoing."

According to an arrest report, Wall led a friend to the church and asked the friend to videotape the service and read a statement that Wall had prepared.

The infant's mother told police that Wall "flipped her off" when he drove through the church parking lot.

In her petition for the injunction, the baby's mother, 29-year-old Laura Taft, said that Wall "has a very, very bad temper" that sometimes leads to him hitting walls or the coffee table.

Taft said, on Jan. 25, Wall tried to hit the family dog because it had eaten something off the floor. Taft said she tried to leave with the children, but Wall blocked the doorway and threatened to kill her if she did.

Taft said she feared for her life and the life of her other son, Connor Taft, who turns 6 Saturday.

Wall was released from prison in September 2008 after serving 14 years for a 1994 robbery with a deadly weapon, armed burglary and grand theft auto.

He also had been arrested as a juvenile for burglary and arson, a sentencing sheet attached to that court file shows.

According to the Florida Department of Corrections, Wall has multiple tattoos that include swastikas and "RAHOWA," an acronym for Racial Holy War. On his left arm is a tattoo of a "Creativity Movement" shield. The Creativity Movement is a white separatist religion founded by Ben Klassen, author of The White Man's Bible.

Wall had left the church when Largo police arrived Sunday afternoon. After police called him, Wall agreed to meet them at the Largo Public Library.

He was taken to the Pinellas County Jail and released Monday after posting $1,000 bail.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...es-father-as-suspect-in-infants-death/1073604

His MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/kriegaryan

qx88l1.jpg

His caption? "I look crazy" What's this "look" shit, fucker?

He is now a suspect in the murder of the baby's mother...

Police say a woman stabbed to death at her apartment early Wednesday morning is the mother of an infant who died earlier this month after being in his father's care.

Police say it was the father, 34-year-old Craig Alan Wall Sr., who stabbed the woman.

It happened at Park Place Apartments at 47 Fairwood Ave, home to 29-year-old Laura Taft. A neighbor called 911 at 3:20 a.m. reporting hearing a loud argument and commotion, said Elizabeth Daly-Watts, Clearwater Police spokeswoman.

Daly-Watts said Wall kicked in the back door of Taft's apartment before stabbing her and driving away. She died at the scene.

Police are calling this an extension of the death of the couple's 5-week-old child, Craig Wall Jr., who died at All Children's Hospital after he was in his father's care Feb. 5. Taft was not home, according to Clearwater police, who are investigating the death.

Wall was seen leaving Taft's apartment complex Wedenesday in an older-model red four-door car with a white top, police said.

He was later found in the car in Sumter County, mostly unresponsive and possibly under the influence of drugs, Watts said. He's now in police custody.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20...oman-Stabbled-to-Death-Police-Suspect-Husband

Fuckin' scary nut job. No wonder his MySpace avatar is Cap'n Crunch and his name is "beserker".
LIFE IS A BITCH,SHE HOLDS U BY THE BALLS AND LOOSENS HER GRIP ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE, JUST TO LAUGH AT YOUR RELIEF WHEN SHE WAS JUST GETTING A BETTER GRIP.
zluez8.jpg
21b5hlg.jpg
106n591.jpg

omg what a sick mo-fo...that family must be devastated beyond repair...
Rest in peace momma and baby.

They need to take this guy out back and put him down NOW.

Maybe this time they will set the bond at $2,000 so he can make it again and go out and kill someone else.

How fucked up! I am guessing he didn't harm the 6 year old physically so the kid gets to grow up damaged because of the actions of a deranged lunatic.

Shoot this fucker. NOW!

The court failed here. She had an order of protection against him, and they let him out on bond? The court should have given her and her surviving son 24/7 protection. Here's hoping he isn't given bond--if he is and he can post it, I'm sure he'll be going after the surviving son and anyone who witnessed him at the mom's apartment.

Posted from his MS, "my son died at 5wks. old. i am dying.i lost everythig.".....last login 2/16/10 Not everything fucker, your soul is next up.

I feel terrible for this mother, really I do, but wtf did she ever see in this asshole?? I would have never considered leaving baby boy ALONE with this bastard. That was a big, stupid mistake one she and baby Craig paid for dearly.
Wall was in prison from October 1994 to September 2008 on a number of charges, including robbery with a deadly weapon and armed burglary, prison records show.

Court records say he burst into a St. Petersburg home on Nov. 11, 1993, with a long-barreled handgun and told an elderly couple he wanted the keys to a Ford Taurus parked outside.

The prison records also say Wall has numerous tattoos, including a demon Nazi soldier, swastikas, and lightning bolts.
Taft has a 6-year-old son who was not at home when she was killed. He is staying with a relative, police said.
Now in her death, she leaves behind a 6 yo boy without a mother and a a baby that never got a chance at life. My deepest sympathies to baby boy Craig jr. and her son who is left with out his immediate family. It would be justice to see this baby killer die, after wasting in prison for some time. What an utter wasteofspace, useless, nothing whatsoever redeemable.

Rest in the heavens baby boy Craig A. Wall Jr. and mother Laura Taft.
89b0765f3d009714f43d5dbkq6.gif

Craig Wall told a judge Friday he is willing to plead guilty to murdering the mother of his child.

During his first pretrial hearing, Wall asked Circuit Judge Richard Luce to separate the two first-degree murder charges he faces — one for the death of his 5-week-old son, Craig Jr., and one for the death of his 29-year-old girlfriend, Laura Taft.

Luce refused to accept his plea or to separate the cases, telling Wall he needed to wait until he is assigned a new public defender next week.

Wall's attorney, Assistant Public Defender Ron Eide, withdrew from the case, citing a conflict of interest. He did not elaborate.

Wall asked Luce what would happen if he represented himself. Luce said that question should also wait until he gets a new attorney. Wall's next hearing is June 11.

. . .

Taft's parents, stepparents and older brother sat behind the prosecutors during Friday morning's hearing. They chose those seats, they said, to be sure Wall knew they were there to get justice for Taft.

Wall walked in wearing a navy blue jail uniform and clutching his statement. He had grown a thick, dark beard since Taft's parents last saw him.

Her mother, Rhonda Lyon-Buttita, started to cry.

"I didn't anticipate him to say guilty," she said after the hearing. "It was a little shocking."

. . .

Cynthia Bredeson, Taft's stepmother, said she used to feel sorry for Wall. He would often visit and tell stories of an abusive childhood. She's not convinced about the charges involving his son. "I don't think he meant to kill the baby," she said. "That was an accident."

But now she's torn. Even though she believes the baby's death was accidental, she wants justice for Taft. "The thing with my stepdaughter's just been terrible," she said.

Looks like the murder of the baby is taking a backseat to the murder of the mother in the hearts of the family. But, he's pleading guilty to that. So, if there's a trial left to do, it's got to be over the murder of the baby.

15ez2w.jpg
Before he reached the second grade, Craig Wall had drowned the family kitten in the toilet, hanged his baby brother from a bunk bed, set fire to the kitchen and placed a booby trap designed to drop heavy toys onto his mother's head.

By the time he was 9, a psychiatrist confirmed what his family already knew: that Wall was "a seriously disturbed and dangerous child . . . (who) presents a serious danger to his family."

In a report dated March 5, 1985, the doctor recommended psychotherapy and offered a chilling warning: Failure to give Wall the help he needed "could, conceivably, make the difference between a treatable individual and one we may read about in the newspapers one day."

The doctor was right.
[...]

Wall's first article in the St. Petersburg Times came just three years after the doctor made his prediction.

Parents wage fruitless battle to tame son's violence/Meet Steven, 12, a boy out of control — March 13, 1988

Steven was a pseudonym, as the article noted, to protect the identities of Wall and his family.

Published a week before Wall turned 13, the article chronicled a decade of violent outbursts and his parents' struggle to get him help.

In February 1988, Wall threatened his seventh-grade teacher with a knife after, he said, the teacher pointed it at him and another student.
[...]

Wall was born in Erie, Pa., on March 21, 1975.

His parents, who were not married, split up before he was born. When Wall was 2, his mother married Ronald Zilich Sr.

Candy Zilich said her son had a bright smile and a disposition to match, at first.

But as a toddler, he began to tense up, rocking himself back and forth.

At age 3, a new babysitter grew alarmed when Wall described sex acts he had performed with a previous sitter and asked if they would do the same.

The abuse had gone on for at least a year and a half.

Authorities did not prosecute the first sitter after discovering she was a sexual abuse victim herself, Candy Zilich said.

The Ziliches sought help for their son. But, according to medical records provided by Wall's stepfather, they were initially rebuffed by counselors who said they needed to deal with Wall's disciplinary problems before they could begin to treat him.
[...]

By the time he was ready for elementary school, doctors had Wall on powerful medications that included lithium (to treat mania or impulse control disorders), Cylert and Ritalin (for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), Valium (for anxiety) and Mellaril (an antipsychotic).

His hostility, aggression and mood swings continued.

Intelligence tests showed Wall to be a bright child, scoring above his age level. But abnormal results on a visual-motor test and an electroencephalogram hinted at possible brain dysfunction. Doctors never ordered further tests to explore that possibility, Candy Zilich said.

"(Craig) used to bump the side of his head with his hand and say, 'My mind is telling me to do bad things,' " she said.

She wonders whether the potent cocktail of drugs damaged her son's brain.
[...]

The Times asked the chief of child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of South Florida to review Wall's medical history.

Dr. Michael Bengtson doesn't necessarily agree with Wall's childhood psychotherapists, who thought his problems began with the babysitter.

"To say all this is because of sexual abuse is not correct," Bengtson said. Intensive psychotherapy or medication would not have worked for Wall, though he received "reasonable care."

"We don't have any kind of treatments for this," he said. "Even though we know the diagnosis it doesn't mean we can cure it."

Wall, Bengtson said, exhibits traits of a psychopath. It appears, he said, as though he does not have remorse."I think he probably didn't have it when he was born."

Wall is "a little bit of a bad seed," Bengtson concluded.

Ron Zilich, the half brother Wall tried to kill three decades ago, offers much the same interpretation.

"He's psycho," Zilich said. "He's a bad person. He's just a person who no matter what could never be right.''
http://www.tampabay.com/features/hu...y-age-in-man-charged-with-two-murders/1110802

Full article of his history is scary.

What a terrible story. He must have endured some really bad stuff with that babysitter, or somebody. I have to wonder if there was something going on he associates with his little brother, whom he seems to have viewed as a vampire in that drawing. I hate to think people can just be born with this kind of personality time bomb, although we might never know what sets them off.

I fully believe some people are "born bad." As terrible as it is, there is simply no helping some people, and others will suffer the longer they are allowed to continue living in society.

This is a prime example. I've never seen a list of such crimes and the person allowed to walk again and again and again. The baby's death should have held this animal in prison, but instead he was allowed to walk yet again. Something is wrong with the court system there--as with the court system that allowed the sexual predator to walk free because she had a bad time herself. No excuse for her, though there was nothing that made this freak into the murderer he is, only his damaged mind.

This is a physical deformity, though we don't yet know the full workings of the mind. It's been proven beyond a doubt that any psychiatric ailment is as physical as a cardiovascular defect, and this one is a terrible one that affects all he came into contact with. He's not a product of his past, he's a product of biology and isn't safe to allow on the streets. Bet he's put into a fluffy hospital with that tear-jerker past, but there will be articles about him until the day he dies because he is simply a danger. The longer people want to try to pet the sickness out of him, the longer he will bite the petting hand.

I'd rather keep rabid dogs in society than I would people like this.

Scribble, I agree that people like this shouldn't be allowed to run around in society or let out of jail to re-offend. I feel that the causes of this should be found and used to prevent more like it. It's just my mindset, I guess, that I want this not to be an internal problem that manifests all by itself. It will always be true that some people overcome similar experiences and turn out fine or even more compassionate for it. That doesn't mean the experiences didn't have an impact in making the monster, too.

It might be easier to just kill these people out of hand if they were born with it, but if it's a symptom of a twisted family, or some social crap we overlook, we owe it to ourselves to find the root cause. We could then excise it, or at least consider what we sow when we condone certain things.

What are we as a society supposed to do with people like this? Locking these people up for life because we know they are most likely going to do something just doesn't seem like the right answer, nor does taking the wait and see approach. He seemed to be a psychopath from the start. Should people like this be "put down" like the rabid animals that they are? I don't think any medicine that the drug industry can come up with can help people like this and these people hardly lead normal, joyful fulfilling lives. very sad for them, their families and their victims.

Pene, I'm very much in the put them down like the sick animals they are camp. Would I feel the same if I knew more about them? Probably. If I knew a kid was in trouble and heading for a life of violence and crime, though, I'd like to try to intervene and help that child out of that trajectory. I don't know how successful these programs are, yet, or what the right approach would have been for this guy. It's a tough question.

My bigger concern is the havoc he sows and the fact that he could cause another to follow in his footsteps. If he's a product of some twisted incidents brought about by some other twisted individual, you can bet he probably has already started someone else down the path of monstrosity.

Craig Wall is a man accused of two murders, a man facing the death penalty, a man who has decided he'll act as his own attorney in trial next week. . . .

Not much is traditional in the case of Wall, who is accused of killing his 5-week-old son in Clearwater in 2010, and stabbing his girlfriend Laura Taft, 29, to death less than two weeks later.

Wall, 39, has previously said in court that he would be willing to plead guilty to killing Taft, and get the death penalty — as long as charges are dropped against him in the case involving his son.

Unlike most jailed defendants, who have the opportunity to dress up in nice clothes during trial, Wall has decided to appear in his jail scrubs instead. Wall, who has a shaved head and a bushy beard that ends in a braid, will have the right to question potential jurors directly when the trial starts next week. . . .

Court records make it clear that Clearwater police considered Wall a suspect almost immediately and that they thought the injuries occurred while in his care. He was not immediately charged with murder. When Wall did get arrested a few days later for something else, the fact that he was a suspect in his baby's death — stated clearly on an arrest affidavit — was never mentioned in court.

Three days after getting out of jail, he was still not charged with his son's murder. Police say that's when he crashed through a sliding glass door and stabbed Taft to death.

Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney Bernie McCabe later said he was "dumbfounded" at how his office handled the case, and reassigned one of his prosecutors.

And Wall himself apparently was alluding to this in one of his comments in Friday's hearing.

"I've attempted to take responsibility and they won't let me. They won't let me because Bernie almost lost his … job in 2010 because I killed her."

He claimed prosecutors have a vendetta against him.

At that, Federico warned Wall he will not be allowed to espouse such theories when he is questioning potential jurors, or explain that he has offered to be executed.

"There's no legal basis for saying 'I want the death penalty, so you should impose it,' " Federico told him.

The judge said he hoped Wall would be able to restrain himself from future outbursts.

"You don't have impulse control to be able to stop yourself from talking out when you want to talk out, and I fear that the same thing's going to happen in front of a jury," Federico said. . . .

Wall has been evaluated and declared mentally fit for trial.

At Friday's hearing, Wall complained about prosecutors' tactics. He complained that he had not been able to subpoena witnesses, and said evidence in the case was being provided to him at the last minute.

Federico spent more than an hour on the hearing, and asked Wall if there was anything else that needed to be addressed.

"Clearly you won't want to address reality here, you want to … just screw me," Wall shot back.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...eath-penalty-pinellas-man-acts-as-own/2173680

I would say that exercising a "vendetta against him" is pretty much the prosecutors' job. Just because you think they're out to get you, doesn't mean you're wrong. Of course, you're helping them at this point.

I don't think there's a chance he'll get through the trial without another outburst. The judge should get ready to declare a mistrial.

Craig Wall, who is facing the death penalty, originally wanted to represent himself this week on charges that he killed his girlfriend and their baby in 2010. On Monday, he said he wants lawyers to take over his case after all.

The change means Wall's trial will be delayed until October. . . .

"It'll be almost five years," said Taft's mother, Rhonda Lyon-Buttita. "It's unfortunate but we've got to go with what they think is right."

Taft's father, John Bredeson, said he was angry at Wall "manipulating the system. That's all this is, is him playing games."
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...mself-in-death-penalty-case-after-all/2173929

Yup.

Snipped from Dakota Valkyrie's post above:
"But as a toddler, he began to tense up, rocking himself back and forth.

At age 3, a new babysitter grew alarmed when Wall described sex acts he had performed with a previous sitter and asked if they would do the same.

The Ziliches sought help for their son. But, according to medical records provided by Wall's stepfather, they were initially rebuffed by counselors who said they needed to deal with Wall's disciplinary problems before they could begin to treat him.

By the time he was ready for elementary school, doctors had Wall on powerful medications that included lithium (to treat mania or impulse control disorders), Cylert and Ritalin (for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), Valium (for anxiety) and Mellaril (an antipsychotic).

His hostility, aggression and mood swings continued.

Intelligence tests showed Wall to be a bright child, scoring above his age level. But abnormal results on a visual-motor test and an electroencephalogram hinted at possible brain dysfunction. Doctors never ordered further tests to explore that possibility, Candy Zilich said.

"(Craig) used to bump the side of his head with his hand and say, 'My mind is telling me to do bad things,' " she said.

She wonders whether the potent cocktail of drugs damaged her son's brain.

"To say all this is because of sexual abuse is not correct," Bengtson said. Intensive psychotherapy or medication would not have worked for Wall, though he received "reasonable care."

"We don't have any kind of treatments for this," he said. "Even though we know the diagnosis it doesn't mean we can cure it."

Wall, Bengtson said, exhibits traits of a psychopath. It appears, he said, as though he does not have remorse."I think he probably didn't have it when he was born."

Ron Zilich, the half brother Wall tried to kill three decades ago, offers much the same interpretation.

"He's psycho," Zilich said. "He's a bad person. He's just a person who no matter what could never be right.''

Aaaand , BAM - these last opinions play directly into my personal opinions/suspicions quite well. Sexual abuse can/will certainly f**k a kid up, some in some pretty deep and lasting Freudian ways, but if the offspring were born predispositioned to psychopathy, i.e., hard-wired or "broken", no amount of therapy and no handful of magic, wonder drugs are going to fix what their genetics, and thus their psychophysiology failed to give them before birth. There's some rogue genetic code embedded in the DNA somewhere. JMO.

Last edited:
Back