• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
_108339603_newpublictoilet.jpg

Public toilets planned for a seaside town will include design features aimed at deterring vandalism, rough sleepers and sexual activity.

Plans for the facilities in Porthcawl's Griffin Park include weight-sensitive floors to ensure one user at a time.

Violent movement would activate a water jet to soak users, automatically open the doors and sound an alarm.

Responsibility for Porthcawl's public toilets have been transferred from Bridgend council to the town council.

Plans say people would be able to use the cubicles for a set time to deter rough sleepers, dousing equipment would be installed to prevent smoking and drug-taking and walls and floors would be graffiti-resistant.

Full Story:

Plans for the facilities in Porthcawl's Griffin Park include weight-sensitive floors to ensure one user at a time.

Violent movement would activate a water jet to soak users, automatically open the doors and sound an alarm.
I'm guessing this isnt the kinda park you want to take your young children too if its going to end up with you hosed and exposed for trying to help them use the toilet

Free bidet!!!
I stayed at an inexpensive hotel in Capri, Italy once. They proudly told me the room had a bidet (most hotels did). Turns out this was only kinda true. They had a heavy plastic thing shaped like a bidet, but it wasn't hooked up to any plumbing. Also, the entire bathroom WAS the shower. It had a cover for the toilet paper and a drain in the center of the floor. The water came from the ceiling. The entire room was tiled.

Last edited:
taking my younger son to the bathroom was an extreme exercise in patience. we had to examine each unoccupied toilet and make sure that it was absolutely the right one for him. I really don't know what his criteria was for a perfect toilet, but we went thru it most of the time, with these toilets we would have had a shit, shower minus the shave.

So wait, does that mean that obese people are in danger of being hosed and exposed??? :shifty:
I think it's more like extra weight distributed all over the floor. But maybe that will be tested.
The Daily Mail will have one of their articles "This is the horrifying moment when an overweight woman was hosed and exposed in a public restroom."

Amazing what technology can do to deter skeevy public toilet behavior.

I stayed at an inexpensive hotel in Capri, Italy once. They proudly told me the room had a bidet (most hotels did). Turns out this was only kinda true. They had a heavy plastic thing shaped like a bidet, but it wasn't hooked up to any plumbing. Also, the entire bathroom WAS the shower. It had a cover for the toilet paper and a drain in the center of the floor. The water came from the ceiling. The entire room was tiled.
Normal in older hotels, shower head normally nowhere near toilet paper or toilet, shower drains towards center drain, usually large bathrooms pretty cool really

Not to be crude, but THAT sounds like a room built for a good time.

It's all for naught. Only a matter of time (and a little creativity) when 'those undesirables' figure out how to bypass all those shinny new features. Should prove interesting though, I'm genuinely curious.

Maybe they should have just spent the money so the local constables could make more frequent patrols in the area instead.

Back