• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Chilling details have emerged in a shaken baby case out of Livingston County.

Twenty-one-year-old Luke Sementelli has been formally charged with 3 counts of child abuse, 3rd Degree and 2nd Degree and is facing up to ten years in prison.

He was arrested at Children’s Hospital in Detroit after a 14-month-old baby named Johnathan was transferred in after being taken to a hospital in Brighton with bruises, he was also unresponsive and limp.

Sementelli is the boyfriend of the child's mother.

During a court hearing this afternoon in Howell, Brighton Police told the Magistrate what their investigation has uncovered, that they took two statements from Sementelli the first one inside Children’s Hospital.

That he:

• Cried as he started talking with police
  • Said he tried to make the child understand
  • Said he gets upset when he is rejected as the baby’s new father
  • He didn’t mean to hurt the baby
  • Pushed him down and he hit is head 3 times
  • He has bitten the child on his ear, arm, fingers and feet
In a second interview at the Brighton Police Department after waiving his Miranda Rights, Sementelli demonstrated on an anatomically correct doll how he spanked the child and shook the child in a rough manner when he wasn’t responding to get him to act right.

Sementelli said he’s been the father since May.

The baby’s mother Serena Van Sickle has also told her mother that she argued with Sementelli and that she was slapped and hit in the abdomen and inner side of her legs. She is pregnant with his baby. She told her mother they fight over money.

Doctors have determined the injuries on the 14-month-old are not accidental and are consistent with the description given to police by Sementelli.

A judge ordered he be held on a $250,000 cash bond. It was revealed in court that he faced domestic violence and drug charges in Forida last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another reason parenting classes should be mandatory before leaving the hospital... Probably with a whole chapter on "don't leave aggressive, spiteful manbabies with zero understanding of child development alone with your kids"
Do you think classes would help that?

The second I became a mother I side eyed everyone. I wouldn't leave my babies with anyone except their dad and a couple other relatives.
That should come natural to new parents.

No kidding the baby didn't want to be around him, they know when someones a psychopathic fucktard. Especially after being bitten and spanked at 14 months old :bored:
Post automatically merged:

Do you think classes would help that?

The second I became a mother I side eyed everyone. I wouldn't leave my babies with anyone except their dad and a couple other relatives.
That should come natural to new parents.
I agree. These kind of people are hopeless at best. A class would do nothing, they probably wouldn't even understand the basic concepts being taught.

Last edited:
How'd he find the time? That coif must take hours... :shifty:
Gimme a call bat for ten minutes and by the time he gets reconstructive surgery he'll be Balder than me. What the hell. Yah this boils me badly.
Post automatically merged:

Looks like he may have had some treatable mental health issues at one point. But once the line is crossed over to injuring babies, or anyone else, all bets are off. It's time for permanent removal from society.
Exactly.

@Satanica
A Brighton man was ordered to stand trial on three counts of child abuse after a district court judge determined there was enough evidence to proceed, according to court records.

Luke Sementelli, 21, was charged last month with one count of second-degree child abuse and two counts of third-degree child abuse after police say he abused his girlfriends' baby.

"The child was pushed down on the floor three times, causing him to strike his head, and then shaken feverishly by his mother’s live-in boyfriend," police said previously.

In July the 14-month-old child was reported to be in critical condition. The child's current condition has not been released.

A plea has been entered by a Brighton man charged with felony child abuse.

21-year-old Luke Tobia Sementelli pleaded guilty as charged to one count of 2nd degree child abuse and two counts of 3rd degree child abuse. A sentence agreement with prosecutors calls for a minimum of five years in prison. Sementelli can withdraw his plea if that is not granted at his sentencing April 9th
Brighton Police were contacted by Child Protective Services and advised of a possible child abuse case involving a one-year-old boy. The incident allegedly occurred July 13th at an apartment in Brighton. Police have said the child was pushed down on the floor three times, causing him to strike his head, and then shaken feverishly by his mother’s live-in boyfriend. The child was on a ventilator with injuries consistent with shaken baby syndrome and suffered from seizures.

A Brighton man will spend 5 1/2 to 10 years in prison for abusing his girlfriend’s 1-year-old child last year, officials said.

Luke Tobia Sementelli was sentenced Friday in connection with the abuse that left the infant in critical condition last July.

Officials said Semetelli threw the baby boy to the floor three times at Brighton Cove Apartments and shook the boy “feverishly.”

The injuries caused the baby to suffer from seizures. Officials said he had to be placed on a ventilator.

Last edited:
Back