• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
pit-bull-kills-woman-dc-2.jpg

Officials seen removing pit bull from home after fatal dog attack in Southeast D.C.

Woman Killed by Dog
District of Columbia - A 50-year old woman is dead after being mauled by a pit bull in Southeast DC. Responders were dispatched just before 7:00 pm to the 1300 block of Dexter Terrace SE for a report of a woman mauled by a dog. Dexter Terrace is just one block long with rowhouses on both sides. The victim was transported to a hospital with life-threatening injuries, where she was pronounced dead. It is unclear who owns the dog, but the fatal attack occurred indoors.

NBC Washington reports the attacking dog could be seen resisting efforts when taken into custody and tried to bite one of the officers while being removed from the home. "Multiple workers" were eventually able to haul the dog into a Humane Rescue Alliance van "using a blanket to lift its hind legs," reports NBC Washington. Neighbors told the news outlet they had seen the victim walking the animal in the past. None of them had witnessed the dog acting aggressively before.

So far in 2018, one quarter (7 of 28) of all recorded fatal dog maulings have been attacks upon their owners, the very hand that feeds and houses these dogs. This does not include this immediate woman who may or may not be the dog's owner. Five of these owner deaths involved pit bulls, one fatality involved a dogo argentino and another involved a mastiff-mix adopted out three days earlier. So far in 2018, at least 28 Americans have been mauled to death by a dog.

pit-bull-kills-woman-dc-map.jpg

The short block of Dexter Terrace SE, where a fatal dog attack occurred Sunday night in D.C.

Related articles:
10/09/18: 2018 Dog Bite Fatality: Recently Adopted Mastiff Kills Owner in Las Vegas, Nevada
10/03/18: 2018 Dog Bite Fatality: Pit Bull Adopted Two Weeks Ago Kills Woman in Maryland
06/21/18: 2018 Dog Bite Fatality: Back-to-Back Dogo Argentino Attacks, One Fatal, Both...

The post 2018 Dog Bite Fatality: Woman Dies After Being Mauled by Pit Bull in Southeast D.C. appeared first on DogsBite Blog.

lUj_pqhL6HY

Continue reading...

Attachments

• DC Pit.jpg
    DC Pit.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,184
Last edited:
Except for the dread Rabbit of Caerbannog.

(With nasty sharp pointy teeth)
(Look at the bones, man!)

After ascertaining their losses to be a total of three animal control officers, the Police Chief declared: "Well, we'd better not risk another frontal assault; that rabbit's dynamite!"

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Another pit bull has decided he'd had enough of his owner's shit and decided to maul them to death.

This incident happened Sunday night inside a home in Southeast D.C. when a woman was attacked by her pit bull.

Not a lot of details yet, aside from the fact she was rushed to the hospital where she would later die.

From Fox5DC:

The Humane Rescue Alliance responded to the house after the attack and took the dog out of the home. The dog could be seen resisting and it tried to bite one of the officer who brought it out of the home.

Multiple workers were eventually able to get the dog into the shelter's van using a blanket to lift its hind legs.

You can see video of the dog below and man, he's a big 'un. He's also been euthanized.

Neighbors told reporters they had seen the woman walking the dog in the neighborhood and it only acted aggressively towards other animals.

DC Pit.jpg

Bunnies never maul you

I did see a "friendly" rabbit bite a child though. I also had a rabbit that was nice until it reached maturity and then it tried to attack me every time I opened the hutch. The one we got after that, Beavis, was a sweetheart. When we got her we didn't know she was female.

I did see a "friendly" rabbit bite a child though. I also had a rabbit that was nice until it reached maturity and then it tried to attack me every time I opened the hutch. The one we got after that, Beavis, was a sweetheart. When we got her we didn't know she was female.
True they can be biter little priceless.
My guy Virgil almost took my index finger off trying to attack Ivy his potential bondmate. If he woould just calm the hell down.

I have Pit Bulls. I have owned many of them. I treat them well and they do not seem to attack me or anyone else. Maybe American Authorities need to look at the way the breed is treated over there. Why would this dog just attack? Dogs do not usually attack their owners.

Maybe American Authorities need to look at the way the breed is treated over there.

Horribly actually ... they get exploited, abused, and abandoned or euthanized because they hurt or killed someone ... in fact they're treated so badly that they should banned out right for their own sake.

I have Pit Bulls. I have owned many of them. I treat them well and they do not seem to attack me or anyone else. Maybe American Authorities need to look at the way the breed is treated over there. Why would this dog just attack? Dogs do not usually attack their owners.

The woman and her husband owned the dog for eight years, since it was a puppy. Go to the site below and you'll see the husband in an interview and photos of the deceased, Angela Smith. They look like people who would raise a dog in a loving home, and he was a good dog...until he mauled her to death. This is not one well-placed bite that happened to kill her. She died of multiple trauma wounds.

The problem with pit bull dogs is no animal authority can accurately identify which dog is safe or dangerous. It's a myth to say that the dogs in attacks are abused to the point where they lash out. These dogs also come from good homes and loving owners. And if these dogs are victims of maltreatment, then why don't they attack the abuser instead of mauling to death a newborn, a toddler, or a little child? You know as well as I do those tiny innocents did nothing to justify death by dog mauling.

No other breed requires owners to be paragons of perfection and walk such a narrow line in order to avoid being mauled.

WUSA9 caught up with Frazier as he walked out of his gray, brick front home with a red door. As he stood behind a metal fence, he told reporters he exited the home for a short period of time and returned to find his wife dead.

"I left out the house," Frazier paused as he gasped for air, held back tears and started banging on a trash can.

"I just left out the house. It was 15 minutes and I came back," he paused and starting banging on the trash can again and said, "She was dead."

He said he spent the last twenty years of his life with her. The couple was on their second year of marriage.

"I got tired of her being a girlfriend or a friend. I wanted her to be a lover, my permanent love," Frazier said as he fought back tears.

"A lot of people didn't know her heart," Frazier said.

Frazier said Smith and the pit bull were "buddies" and he isn't quite sure why the dog attacked her.

"I'm thinking she might have taken some food or something like that from him and he's real aggressive like that, right? Maybe, just maybe, he reacted like that. That's what I'm hoping," said Frazier.

Through his own investigation, Frazier said some things are not adding up, but that he'd rather not speak about alternative scenarios.

No other breed requires owners to be paragons of perfection and walk such a narrow line in order to avoid being mauled.
That's it right fucking there. All dogs can bite, but only a few have the ability to easily kill a human and pit bulls are such dog. Unfortunately, many pro-pit bull owners base their knowledge off of their own limited experiences and refuse to see what lethal machines these animals were designed to be. So many "family" pit bulls, who had no history of aggression and has been raised in loving homes, have suddenly killed someone because of some unseen, or unexpected, stressor had the pit bull activate his "fight or flight" response and since pit bulls were made to fight, that is what they often do, with lethal results.
Post automatically merged:

It appears Australia also has an issue with pit bulls, so much so, that there is an importation ban on them.

https://www.news.com.au/news/shelte...n/news-story/9f17194fc2abec7014eda4141c700333

and

http://www.gooddogsa.com/prescribed-breeds-of-dogs
https://www.ava.com.au/policy/614-breed-specific-legislation
Post automatically merged:

Btw, here's a list of breed specific laws by countries. Take a fucking guess which dog is banned, or restricted, the most.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breed-specific_legislation

Last edited:
A house rabbit bit my 4mo on the lip. Severed it. I had just finished nursing my my baby and put her down on her floor mat while I tended to the rabbits owners son. I heard my infant scream and turned to see bunny on my babies face and blood everywhere.

Back