• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Georgia woman is accused of fatally shooting her roommate while cleaning a gun.

Keely Kilpatrick 26, was still at the home when police responded at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday and found her roommate, Dixie Cowe, 43, with a gunshot wound to the chest, police said.

Police determined that Kilpatrick had told her mother, who also lived at the residence, that she was going downstairs to clean a firearm when the mom heard a “loud noise sounding like a gunshot,” cops said in a news release.

She ran downstairs to check on her daughter, who “immediately told her that the gun accidentally went off and struck [Cowe],” the release continued.

Cowe later died from her injuries at a hospital.

Kilpatrick and her mother are cooperating with investigators, police said. Kilpatrick was charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter and remains held without bond at the Gwinnett County Detention Center, jail records show.

The charges are the latest legal trouble for Kilpatrick, who has been arrested on a variety of charges since 2010, including DUI, possession of methamphetamine and possession of a firearm or knife during the commission or attempt to commit certain felonies. Her latest arrest marked the third time she had been arrested this year, according to the Gwinnett Daily Post.

Dumb bitch.

I don't even own a gun, but even I know that you unload and clear before you clean a pistol. And even when it's unloaded you never point it at something that's alive that you don't want dead.

I'm guessing with those priors and being in possession, that she'll get plenty of time even before the manslaughter charges...

1698956936888.jpeg

INCARCERATION DETAILS​

MAJOR OFFENSE: INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER
MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: PULASKI STATE PRISON
MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: 03/29/2024

ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: 10/04/2023
CURRENT STATUS: PAROLE

STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES​

CASE NO: 912218
OFFENSE: INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER
CONVICTION COUNTY: GWINNETT COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 03/30/2019