• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
Another rat head was found inside a can of green beans. Earlier this week a Beaumont business owner reported the incident.

A Utah woman says it happened to her too.

A woman out of Utah says she found a rat head inside a can of the same brand Allen's Green Beans bought from the same store, Wal-Mart. Time in Utah. It happened in 2007.

The Beaumont man and the Utah woman both say the company sent them packaging material to return the rat heads to the plant.

They also say the company sent them letters asking them not to report the incident in exchange for money.

A representative from Wal-mart says the Beaumont store immediately took the Allen's Green Beans off its shelves.

Pic at link....
http://www.kfdm.com/news/bean_26546___article.html/green_head.html

:dizzy:

okay.........
a rat head in a can of green beans was SOOOOOOOOOO not what i was thinking.

Yep, that's it.......
I am def going to hell.......
:smokin:

yuck - well where the hell is the rest of the rat????

either someone put it there on purpose or there is another can with a rat's ass floating in it!!

That's what you GET ... for buying canned green beans! :shiver:

Southern Pole Beans

3 pounds pole beans, ends and strings removed ... you may substitute green beans, if pole beans are unavailable

1/4 pound salt pork, sliced thin, like bacon

1/4 cup bacon grease

2 cups chicken broth

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Wash the beans, dammit. In a large, cast-iron Dutch oven, lightly brown the salt pork in the bacon grease. Add the pole beans, and toss to coat with the bacon grease. (Oh yeah.) Add the broth and the seasonings. Cook over medium-low heat, covered tightly, for about 30 minutes, until the beans are tender.

P.S. NEVER BUY CANNED GREEN BEANS.

THIS, is why most all of my veggies are either bought fresh, or frozen. I realize this *could* happen in a package of frozen veggies, but so far I've not heard of it happening. AND I refuse to buy canned/frozen off-brand anything at wal-mart..

~ceisdsgil

okay.........
a rat head in a can of green beans was SOOOOOOOOOO not what i was thinking.

Yep, that's it.......
I am def going to hell.......
:smokin:

Were you thinking what I was thinking?

~ceisdgil

if so, yep.. we're both going to hell :p

OK - What the hell is a "pole bean"... sounds like something Jack climbed up.

I wish you all had not quoted the pic of the rat head. Every time I gagged and tried to quickly scroll past it, there it was again!! Now I have to brush my teeth again and gargle with Scope just to get the puke taste out of my mouth.

OK - What the hell is a "pole bean"... sounds like something Jack climbed up.

I wish you all had not quoted the pic of the rat head. Every time I gagged and tried to quickly scroll past it, there it was again!! Now I have to brush my teeth again and gargle with Scope just to get the puke taste out of my mouth.

Hahaha! That's why I didn't post it with the article. I was unfortunate enough to have found that article while I was eating breakfast. :hungry:

I've found more inedible objects or weird things in my food than I care to mention. Pieces of hard plastic, plastic wrap, spiders/spider webs, grub worms, hair...just to name a FEW. It's usually interesting going out to eat with me because I frequently get some type of bonus item in my food that I didn't ask for.

And yes, I'm not going to hell for thinking this thread was about something else, it just proves I've got a dirty mind!:tongue2:

I went out for breakfast with some friends one bright day and ordered oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, milk and butter...wouldn't you know they brought the bowl on a platter with all this stuff.. and crawling out of the bowl, were bugs.. I took one look at it and refused to touch it.. Sent it back and told them I didn't want anything else, that I'd just as soon not eat... they tried to charge us for the oatmeal...my friend looked at the guy and said "I'm not paying for a breakfast she didn't eat because you have BUGS IN YOUR KITCHEN. You can either remove the cost of her breakfast, or I can notify the health department and shut you down." they removed the cost of my breakfast, and offered to give them theirs for free as well. My friends being the sort they are, told the guy that he'll pay for his and his wife's breakfast, but that was it. Sadly, I haven't asked for oatmeal for breakfast since, and I haven't been back to that place to eat either. :(

~ceisdsgil

Latest posts

Back