• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Craygor

Norse American
Bold Member!
BOONE COUNTY, W.Va. (WCHS/WVAH) - West Virginia State Police are seeing an alarming drug trend in Boone County.

Police said on Monday said wasp spray is being used as an alternative form of meth.

"We're seeing this here on the streets in Boone County," Sgt. Charles Sutphin said. "People are making a synthetic type methamphetamine out of wasp spray."

State Police now have reason to believe it played a role in three overdoses last week.

"In my opinion, drugs are so bad around here. It's so available to people, and then all the time trying things new that we wouldn't even think about," Diana Ferguson said.

On Friday, stores in Boone County reported selling nearly 30 cans of the spray.

Sgt. Sutphin said the physical effects are erratic behavior and extreme swelling and redness of the hands and feet.

"From what we're being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it one or twice and be fine, but the third time when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you," Sutphin said.

The challenge is how to treat these symptoms and prevent the use of this legal, cheap product for harm.

"It's a cheap fix, and you don't know what their overall result of their usage of this is going to be," Sutphin said.

State Police in Boone County are working closely with poison control and local medical centers to determine best treatment for someone using wasp spray as a drug. They are also in the process of putting this information out to other local agencies in West Virginia and potentially nationwide.

"We have great grand babies, and to think what they're going to grow up in, and what's going to be available to them, and what people are going to get them to try... It's really scary," Ferguson said.
My biggest hope is that Narcan is useless in Meth-A-La-Wasp-Spray overdoses.

what happend to good ol spray dust off stuff, or whatever the hell it was called - the shit you spray your keyboard with? or spray paint? Huffing - your doing it wrong
They added a chemical that makes you absolutely ill. I had to deal with that shit all the time when I used the compressed air.

FYI it also leaves a coating on anything you spray with it, and if you rub your face or get it on food, it will make your day go downhill real fast

This is reported from Boone County, WV, which is in the south-western area of the state (if you play Fallout 76, that is squarely in the middle of the Ash Heap). Things are pretty bad financially there, here's an article from a couple years about the decline, its a pretty interesting read.

I'm not making any excuses for people who pollute and destroy their own bodies, but these knuckleheads are doubly screwed. The first is the financial hardship of the area, and the second, no access to inner city style of social services or support, even if they wanted to be free of addiction.

Last edited:
I love that song. Back in 2001, when I was flying missions into Afghanistan, I would play that song over the intercom, so it kinda became our theme during that deployment. Now its my favorite during a weight lifting session.

sigh ... retirement sucks .... now I have the sads :(

Forever my favorite version:

Funny how that article never once mentioned any scientific data. No tests were done. The only evidence they have is some bullshit a tweeker told them. That bullshit story has been going around tweeker circles for a long time. Right along with growing meth in ice coolers, making meth from aquarium filters!

It all comes down to chinese research chems as cut.

what happend to good ol spray dust off stuff, or whatever the hell it was called - the shit you spray your keyboard with? or spray paint? Huffing - your doing it wrong
I'm thinking there is a different high.
They are saying alternative to meth.
I could totally see that. The other day I busted open a wasp nest on accident.
We sprayed all around to try to get them under control. We killed most of them. I did notice one alive sitting on a ledge under my front window. For at least 6 house it was in the exact same position with it's wings going at full speed. I kept going to look at it because it was flapping at full speed for hours. It got dark out and it wasn't there in the morning.

True enough, it's just sometimes the dumb gets so thick you gotta sit down and just shake your head and go W..T...F??? And I'm not shy about my pot usage, it's not like I don't love a Jack & 7 too, but I'm just not going to venture into wasp killer... :nailbiting:

I've never tried a Jack & 7. Now I must do so.

But yeah, I don't get this. Then again, I've never been a big drug guy, aside from my forays into the world of LSD when I was in college (and maybe a few times in my 20s).

People need to think these things through. What's wrong with a good old-fashioned bag of weed?

Back