• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
A man driving a truck with a fullsized flat bed on a rural 2 lane hwy swerved and took out 10 bikers like bowling pins, 7 died 2 or 3 being thrown into woods that were also set ablaze

[Image removed; not the suspect]

Attachments

• 1564692345000.png
    1564692345000.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:
The victims were identified as Michael Ferazzi, 62, of Contoocook, N.H.; Albert Mazza, 49, of Lee, N.H.; Desma Oakes, 42, of Concord, N.H.; Aaron Perry, 45, of Farmington, N.H.; Daniel Pereira, 58, of Riverside, R.I.; and Joanne and Edward Corr, both 58, a husband and wife from Lakeville, Mass. All were members or supporters of the Marine JarHeads, a motorcycle club made up of Marines and their spouses.

I'm going to hell for laughing at this one.
Post automatically merged:

There's no helmet law in New Hampshire? In this day and age? Wow, I am blown away. I bet none of them were wearing helmets, no wonder so many died.

Live Free or Die. A few states don’t have helmet laws. Several only require helmets for certain ages.

Last edited:
The driver of a pickup truck who crashed into a group of motorcyclists near New Hampshire’s White Mountains, killing seven of them, was arrested on Monday and charged with seven counts of negligent homicide, officials said.
[....]
Zhukovskyy was arrested at his home in West Springfield, Massachusetts, on Monday morning, the New Hampshire deputy attorney general’s office said in a statement.

It was not immediately clear if Zhukovskyy had retained a defense lawyer.
[....]

Packets believed to contain heroin residue were found in the West Springfield, Mass., residence of the driver charged with negligent homicide for the death of seven motorcyclists in Randolph, according to Massachusetts State Police.

Massachusetts State Police announced the discovery of the potential heroin packets in a statement announcing Zhukovskyy's arrest. If the residue tests positive for heroin, will be charged in Massachusetts with narcotics possession, Mass State Police said.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/cr...cle_86518f09-5ec9-53d0-b955-dc9fe7d81a68.html

That's my point the title of this thread is misleading, like saying he did it on purpose.

The news reports at first were misleading too. Lots of false headlines immediately from reputable news sources around here. At first, that's the impression I was under as well. Other reports said he was found at the beach the next day until they removed their BS articles.

He has several days to clean up, and they still found empty heroin packets at his residence? This guy is a moron.

Don't wanna be in jail while detoxing! He's just a really good life planner for sure.

That probably means he deserves an OUI for driving while doped up, but there's not really a way to prove that anyway. I thought it was standard to drug test anyone involved in a fatal crash with a blood test at a hospital, but it doesn't sound like they did here. That explains why he was released after the crash instead of detained immediately.

I have no idea whose photo was shown in the original post, but it's not Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy. Not cool to post a rando's pic that makes it seem like he was the killer. This is actually the dude who ran everyone over:

Attachments

• new-hampshire-crash-500.jpg
    new-hampshire-crash-500.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 33
Bail denied bitch!!!

I'm surprised he's lasted in the slam this long.
At least the trial will start later this year.
I really want to be there at sentencing and shout out a Simpson's Nelson 'Ha ha!' at him.

[....]
Volodymyr Zhukovskyy was acquitted of seven counts of manslaughter, seven counts of negligent homicide and one count of reckless conduct after prosecutors and the defense argued over which drivers were more intoxicated.

In closing arguments, public defender Jay Duguay accused Albert Mazza Jr., the president of the Jarheads Motorcycle Club, of causing the crash because he was “driving his motorcycle while drunk, wasn’t looking where he was going, lost control of his bike and just slid into the oncoming truck.”

Assistant Attorney General Scott Chase countered that while Mazza may have been intoxicated, he was not too impaired to drive.

“Not one person saw Mazza impaired or driving off the road,” Chase said during closing arguments. “But every person on that road saw the defendant all over it.”

Zhukovskyy was “impaired by several drugs,” including heroin, fentanyl and cocaine, at the time of the crash, according to a 2020 report from the National Transportation Safety Board.

Judge Peter H. Bornstein dismissed eight charges tied to Zhukovskyy’s drug and alcohol intake last week, saying “there is simply insufficient evidence from which a jury can find beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was impaired to a degree.”

Duguay, the defense lawyer, also pointed to an expert witness who said the crash would have happened even if Zhukovskyy had been perfectly within his lane because Mazza was already veering over the center boundary. He also accused the other bikers who survived of covering for Mazza with conflicting stories.
[....]
Over the three years since the deadly crash, criticism has fallen on the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, which failed to revoke Zhukovskyy’s license after Connecticut officials sent a notice about his drunken driving arrest.

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu called the verdict an “absolute tragedy.”

“I share in the shock, outrage, and anger that so many have expressed in the three years since the seven members of the Jarheads Motorcycle Club were taken from us,” he tweeted Tuesday.

“My heart goes out to their families, friends, and loved ones on this especially dark day.”

Back