• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Anodyne

Doesn't get a lot colder than this one.

I've read a lot about it and find it's one of those things that is hard to pull one's self away from.

"Almost 97 years ago, long before serial killers and mass murders had become a way of life, two adults and 6 children were found brutally murdered in their beds in the small mid-western town of Villisca, Iowa.

During the weeks that followed, life in this small town changed drastically.

As residents of this small town reinforced locks, openly carried weapons and huddled together while sleeping, newspaper reporters and private detectives flooded the streets. Accusations, rumors and suspicion ran rampant among friends and families. Bloodhounds were brought in. Law enforcement agencies from neighboring counties and states joined forces. Hundreds of interviews filled thousands of pages.

And yet, the murders remained unsolved, the murderer unpunished."

Link with lots and lots of content on the murders, the botched investigation, the supsects, the supposed hauntings, etc:

http://www.villiscaiowa.com/the_crime.html

Very interesting crime story Anodyne. I find the older the case, the more haunting for them to be for me, as I know they have little to no chance of being solved. Thanks for sharing.

Back