• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
The event was hosted at Cabela’s Sunday. Fish were brought in from a hatchery to stock a fishing pool outside the store. A video filmed in front of the store shows employees stomping fish on the pavement following the event.

Bass Pro Group, Cabela’s parent company, said the actions in the video do not align with company policy.

“These actions reflect a clear violation of our policies and procedures for animal care, which are based on the highest professional standards and a deep respect for wildlife,” Bass Pro Group director of communications Jack Wlezien wrote in an email to NBC Montana. “We’re taking the appropriate action to ensure it does not happen again.”
There are rules dictating what to do with fish following an event like the one at Cabela’s. Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Region 1 spokesman Dillon Tabish didn’t comment on the actions in the video, but he did explain the regulations.

“The fish cannot be removed from the tank alive,” Tabish said. “You have to euthanize the fish before they’re removed from that tank.”
The fish cannot be released into another body of water.

“We have these aquatic ecosystems intact,” Tabish said. “We don’t want to have fish brought in and dropped into a lake or stream that could disrupt that habitat and disrupt the food chain.”
[....]

Why not just bring in noninvasive species or perhaps they should consider having a community fish fry immediately following these events. If the fish have to be killed anyway, why let them go to waste. If there's no solution to this, then I think they shouldn't have the contests.

Not watching that! That's just foul. I'm with @Satanica - do a community fish fry. Gut them and donate them to a food bank. It doesn't have to be mindless, heartless fishicide dammit! :sorry:

Back