• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
Miesha Bryant said she couldn't believe there was a woman under the pack of dogs when she was driving down Country Road 323. "As I got closer, I seen that it was a human leg," Bryant said.

Bryant said she started honking her horn, hollered and tried everything to scare off the dogs.

"Once I started stomping that's when some of them backed away. That's when I got out of the car and was like go on, go on," she said.

CBS affiliate WREG reported that the victim's mother, Lisa Ennis, said the doctor told the family that her daughter had more dog bites than he could count.

"He said he stopped counting at 200," Ennis said.

The attack happened as Ennis' daughter was walking home on Friday afternoon. She said she was surrounded by about 10 dogs that dragged her behind a house, ripping off some of her clothes in the process.

“The first dog jumped up and it got me on the arm, and then they all just flocked,” she said.

The victim said no one was around as the attack first happened.

“I think I made it up one or two more times to get to my phone, and they kept dragging me back behind the trailer so they could eat me. I mean, they were literally eating me alive,” she said.

Ennis' daughter said a woman driving by, later identified as Bryant, happened to hear her screams and was able to scare the animals away.
[....]
WREG said one of their photographers had a run-in with a pack of dogs while working the story. One of them snagged his jeans with its teeth, but didn't pierce his skin. Others stood close and barked, WREG reported.

The St. Francis County Sheriff's Office said deputies spoke with the dogs' owners, but said there's nothing they can do about it since it is not illegal in the county to have unleashed dogs.

St. Francis County Judge Gary Hughes told WREG deputies know about the video.

"I think the challenge is to determine which dogs did this and who are the owners of those dogs," he said.

He said if they can track down the dogs, the owners will face a citation for letting vicious dogs run stray and up to a $500 fine.

"St. Francis County has no animal control, so no, we would not confiscate the dogs," he added. "I think, you know, we are certainly open to looking at new regulations maybe we can put in place."

Hughes said if the owner gets a citation, a judge will decide on the dogs' fate.

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Ar...reds-of-times-by-pack-of-dogs--507156791.html

They need a leash law, even if it is in the back woods of Arkansas down by the holler. Dogs that would not normally do this by themselves gain a pack mentality when let loose to run like that. All it takes is one of them to sense fear in a human being, they become emboldened and vicious. I know cuz I used to get surrounded by dog packs when I was a kid and there was no leash law at that time. I was deathly afraid of dogs after being attacked by a wolf/shepard mix dog. I learned to overcome and stifle that fear and was amazed at how quickly they backed off. Just sayin..based on my own experience.

I was surprised the victim survived. The video is horrifying and I've gotta give a lot of love to Miesha Bryant for not being afraid to come to the victim's aid. She deserves some sort of award for literally saving the woman's life. I firmly believe if Ms. Bryant hadn't happened along the story would've had a different ending.

Fuck you- SHOOT THE "OWNERS" uneducated redneck pricks.
The owner is not responsible and if a person is being attacked they have every right to shoot the dogs. Clearly these dogs are a dangerous pack and are hunting. That girl was prey. They will do it again because they are allowed to roam free. If you don’t understand this then you are uneducated and clearly don’t know animal behavior.

But is it illegal to have vicious dogs running at large? If it isn't, this county needs to revisit their archaic laws.

With a cursory look, they have the laws and pretty much everything the dog(s) & owner did violated them, but in this case since the area doesn't have it's own animal control, there isn't much the cops or the judge could immediately do.

Dogs running astray - https://www.animallaw.info/statute/ar-ordinances-§-14-54-1102-dogs-running-astray

Consolidated Arkansas dog laws - https://www.animallaw.info/statute/ar-dog-consolidated-dog-laws

Back