• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Prime example of someone ignoring the rules. Permits are a pain in the ass, but it's really necessary for vendors who interface with the public regardless of the product or services they provide.
full

Salgado tries to pull the police brutality card by talking to the Spanish station, Telemundo, how the officer hurt his arm. Sympathy wanes, however, as police give their side of why his cart was swarmed and him arrested. You see, they had had a number of talks with Mr. Salgado about that pesky permit, and he still didn't have it. Apparently, police had asked nicely as well as cited him previously, but he just ignored them.

Upon approaching him the day of his arrest, Salgado quoted an officer as saying "not to buy his ice cream because he was going to stop selling it”. :D

The ice cream man was arrested outside Mesquite High School hawking his wares and raking in the pesos. Salgado was arrested on a general city ordinance violation for not having a permit, but he was released Wednesday morning after paying his bond, which was $314.

"“I went back to sell ice cream outside the school because I have many clients there, and I needed money to pay for the ticket…But now, I will try to get a permit and do things the right way”, said Salgado. "

In a statement to NBC5 police said they support such activity, but vendors must have a permit and operate out of a vehicle or truck. No push carts apparently in Mesquite which is a Dallas suburb.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/M...-Cream-Outside-Mesquite-School-509991071.html

Come on how hard is it to do business following the rules?
There is a reason why it is called the price of doing business, or the cost of doing business. Sick and tired of these buggers that think laws and rules don't apply to them. The citation probably cost more than the permit you dumbass

I went back to sell ice cream outside the school because I have many clients there

Delusions of grandeur. "We don't need no steenking permits, because we're too important. Big clients, that's what we have."

Back