• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1552943889568.png

A Vermont daycare operator was arrested Monday in the death of a six-month-old baby who police said fatally overdosed after being given an antihistamine to help her sleep.

Stacey Vailancourt, 53, of Rutland, was taken into custody on suspicion of manslaughter and cruelty to a child arising from the January death of six-month-old Harper Rose Briar, Vermont State Police said in a news release.

“Toxicology testing determined that Harper Briar had high concentrations of diphenhydramine in her body,” the news release said.

The autopsy report noted that diphenhydramine, the active sedating ingredient in over-the-counter antihistamines, is not to be used on infants without a doctor’s order, according to the news release. There was no such order for Harper.

Vailancourt ran a licensed daycare out of her home.

Police said Harper’s parent left her with Vailancourt, who called 911 when the baby became unresponsive.

Last edited:
What in the ever loving fuck. Anyone with any experience with kids knows you don't give a baby any meds without doctor instructions, even kiddie meds. She's either a lazy cunt or one of these idiots that are so obsessed with babies taking naps they'll force it at any cost.

I'm not taking her side or anything .. but can you imagine the horror of doing something so stupid, even if you don't mean any harm, and having a baby die because of your actions? Of course she shouldn't have drugged the baby, it was stupid and lazy .. but just imagine the horror of checking on the kid a little while later, and she's dead..... I would never forgive myself.

A jury on Friday convicted of Stacey Vaillancourt of manslaughter and child cruelty in the 2019 death of Harper Rose Briar in Vaillancourt's home in Rutland.
The 6-month-old was found unresponsive while in Vaillancourt's care, and an autopsy determined she had high concentrations of diphenhydramine, the sedating ingredient in some over-the-counter antihistamines including the brand Benadryl. The drug is not recommended for infants without a doctor's order, and there was no such order for Harper.

Vaillancourt's defense attorney said there was no evidence to prove Vaillancourt sedated the infant, but the prosecutor told jurors that no one else could have done it.
Vaillancourt, who denied giving the infant anything that wasn't provided by her parents, was released on an unsecured appearance bond.

Back