• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://kymkemp.com/2016/07/13/jeep-...-teens-found-near-home-of-mother-of-one-teen/
Officer Cy May, a spokesperson for the California Highway Patrol confirms that the vehicle allegedly at fault in the fatal hit and run deaths of two teenage girls last night has been located near Fortuna about a mile from the accident scene. “We located our suspect vehicle about a mile or so from the scene itself,” he said. “The residence is taped off and we are awaiting a search warrant.”

May declined to confirm on what street the vehicle had been located. However, the Times Standard is reporting that the vehicle was found at the end of Becker Lane.
[....]

Marci Kitchen, whose Facebook page identifies her as the mother of one the victims lives at the end of that street. Readers are telling us that the vehicle was located under a tarp in the backyard. Officer May was unwilling to confirm that information at this time.

That's what it says as far as I can tell. I hope I will be able to find more details later.

Well then you have to figure out if she was maybe drunk or something, or, did she hunt her daughter down and kill her? :jawdrop:

Yeah, I'm thinking she was probably impaired but who would then try to deny and hide the vehicle when it was their own child they ran down accidentally. You're really at rock bottom if you can do that.

Maybe was another teen driver in the home driving the vehicle? Or another family member?? The thought of Mom doing it is so heartbreaking, especially since she tried to cover it up!

I wonder at what point whoever was driving found out it was their child/sister - whatever. And why they didn't report themselves.

I suspect she was drinking and driving and that this was as a result from that but of course she won't be able to be tested now and that is only my guess. The investigation will have to find out where she was in other ways....through tips perhaps...witnesses...video. She handed over the keys to the vehicle to the police from what I read. She sure lawyered up fast.

Two kids died in this incident. I doubt anyone is going to cover her ass. She not only killed her daughter. But someone else's daughter as well. Then made every attempt to hide evidence. That will count against her. That child's family is going to be demanding some answers.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if mom was a homophobe and the daughter had just come out. One could see mom kicking her daughter and daughters girlfriend out afterwards, then running them down.
Religious homophobes are bonkers.

This was two teenage girls out riding their skateboards at night...just after dark in her lane of travel. Wonder how she acted when cops came to tell her that her daughter was killed in a hit and run.

As loose as we run the ship around here we have not sunk to the conversation level of youtube comments. Give it a rest on the more offensive politically driven homophobic slurs. Especially in threads completely unrelated to either.

EUREKA! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself...) (The attorney is from Eureka.)

I'm voting she was drunk then panicked, which is why she "hid" the vehicle. My inner jury is out on whether she knew at the time that she hit her own child or not... Either way, I'm gonna guess she was so shitcanned that she wasn't exactly able to form any rational thoughts and just drove home in a panic. (How anyone can hit something and not pull over is beyond me, but I digress...)

This is going to take a long time to verify, but I'm going to guess that she winds up taking a plea deal, something along the lines of manslaughter. Thoughts?

The Fortuna City Council at its regular Monday meeting is set to reject a claim against the city filed by an attorney representing Marcia Kitchen, the Fortuna woman accused in the deaths of two 14-year-old girls.

Kitchen, 39, pleaded not guilty in September to vehicular manslaughter, drunk driving and fleeing the scene of the July 12, 2016, collision on Eel River Drive that led to deaths of her daughter Kiya Kitchen and her daughter’s friend, Faith Tsarnas.

The claim filed Jan. 6 by Marcia Kitchen’s attorney Patrik Griego seeks “damages from the State of California, California Department of Transportation, County of Humboldt, and the City of Fortuna” — in effect, blaming the governmental entities for causing the crash.

“The geometry of the roadway, surrounding sight barriers, curvature of the roadway, inadequate signs and inability to avoid oncoming vehicles were physical features of the location that made it dangerous,” the complaint reads in part. “This location created a trap for motorists and for pedestrians.

“There was a special need of signals and signs, appropriate sight distances, shoulders, and barriers in order to reduce the risk of injury to pedestrians,” it continues. “There was a high volume of vehicular traffic such that the Governmental Entities knew or should have known that this was a dangerous condition of public property.”

Griego did not respond to request for comment.

Caltrans Public Information Officer Eli Rohl said Friday that the agency does not own the road “so we are not responsible for the maintenance or operation of the road.” The agency did not comment on the crash itself.

Rohl said their office had not yet received a copy of the claim.

Humboldt County spokesman Sean Quincey said his office has received a copy of the claim.

“This was a tragedy that has forever changed the lives of many people in our community,” he said in a statement. “Our hearts go out to all those affected.”

He declined in his statement to comment further citing concern for the family.

Fortuna Mayor Sue Long declined to comment.
http://www.times-standard.com/gener...rtuna-caltrans-county-state-over-deadly-crash

he Fortuna City Council at its regular Monday meeting is set to reject a claim against the city filed by an attorney representing Marcia Kitchen, the Fortuna woman accused in the deaths of two 14-year-old girls.

Holy fucking nerve ... so if there is all these issues with the road, determined by her of course you would think she would be extra careful and not drive drunk there.
What a loathsome piece of shit ... Any one here thinking with a mother like this this girl might just be better off dead?

Holy fucking nerve ... so if there is all these issues with the road, determined by her of course you would think she would be extra careful and not drive drunk there.
I swear that is the first think that popped into my head.
Does anyone know if there is any backwards legal reason for this? Like in the Diane Schuler wreck everyone was suing everyone and it looked terrible but I think it ended up being an insurance mandated thing.

I swear that is the first think that popped into my head.
Does anyone know if there is any backwards legal reason for this?
its called distraction and stupidity in Calf. A quick tale: I got a new mattress in Calif when I was out there and wanted a frame high enough to where I could put storage bins under it and couldn't understand why that was difficult. I called a local bed store and found out they actually stopped making them because someone had fallen out of bed and sued and won. What was worse was the store I called I had been in before and he had the coolest big old dog that would just sleep around on the floor. Well, apparently soeone had tripped oer the dog and sued him for that too een though the dog didn't bite them after they kicked it falling over it

@PsychoKitty
I was called as a witness in a dog bite case.
Fact.
The dog was in its own fenced back yard minding it's own business.
Fact
Some old lady that *dabbled I real estate heard from a friend that heard from another friend that their neighbors friends cousin might list their house for sale.. mind you, This lady wasn't an agent or licensed to sell real estate. This was just something she was interested in.

She went to said house, and after peeking in the front Windows, she decided to open the gate and have a look around in the back of the house.
That minding his own business dog jumped to action. The lady Turned to run and the dog but her right on the ass once.

She sued and was awarded 85 Thousand dolllars.

Back