• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1570720065339.png

Because we don't have a WTF section yet....

Talk about a stomach ache – and heartache.

One vegan woman who recently suffered through a mean-spirited prank at the hands of her friends turned to the Reddit community, asking users if she was in the wrong for contacting police after her pals tricked her into eating chicken nuggets in a stunt illicitly filmed and shared to social media.

On Tuesday, Redditor Veganthrowaway192847 shared her woeful tale that has since gone viral with over 31,600 upvotes to date. The author explained that she is 24 years old and has been vegan for the last decade, a dietary choice that she claims everyone in her life is well aware of.

“Four nights ago, I was at a party and I will admit, I got white girl wasted. My friends thought it would be funny to feed me chicken nuggets as a prank,” she began.

“I checked with them before chowing down, [asking] ‘Are these vegan?’ To which my friends replied ‘Yeah, they're Sunfed’ (a type of vegan chickenless chicken.) They tasted off to me but I figured it was just because I was drunk,” the writer went on. “I was wrong.”

The next day, the author’s sister told her to look at her friend’s latest Snapchat update – where she was shocked to allegedly see a video montage of her pals showing off the packaging of real-meat chicken nuggets and giving Veganthrowaway192847 the food, “including the conversation where I asked if it was vegan,” she claimed. Later on, the friends reportedly mocked their vegan pal, pretending to be her if she realized she ate meat, screaming about "the CHICKENS!”

Is this any different from the pizza parlor that lied to people about having "meat" toppings that were actually not meat?
From one standpoint, no. From another, yes it is.

The pizzeria vended their wares, falsely claiming their toppings were something they were not in an attempt to deceive their customers and profit by that deceit. This woman's soi-disant friends merely displayed a thoroughly juvenile understanding of what is humorous and what is not.

--Al

Back