• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Julia French, 20, and Robert Buskey, 31, are accused of starving their 5-month-old son in a disturbing case of child neglect.

The baby is in a hospital and in DCF custody.

The investigator who was contacted by the Department of Children and Families on Wednesday said the baby was clearly malnourished.

His ribs were visible, his eyes sunken and the priority was getting the child medical attention.

According to court documents, the infant was lethargic and had difficulties maintaining his temperature and sugar due to dehydration and malnourishment.

Since Wednesday night, the child has gained a half a pound just by being given fluids.

Titusville police said the family's physician had provided orders regarding the child's nutrition and the child was improving on an organic formula.

“At one point, when the child was doing good and healthy and gaining weight, he was on an organic formula and they changed it on their own,” said Detective Lauren Watson with the Titusville Police Department.

Police said the couple was feeding the child a potato-based mash and there may be long-term medical issues as a result of the malnourishment.

I agree!
Dreads look ridiculous on white people ..
Dreadlocks where worn by a wide variety of cultures for thousands of years, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Americas and Europe, all of them, had peoples who wore what we call dreadlocks. The current group who made wearing dreadlocks as part of their culture, the Rastafarians, actually didn't wear dreadlocks until the 1950s. Even then it wasn't until the 1970s when Bob Marley made them famous that dreadlocks became pretty much synonymous with the Rastafarian movement.

Dreadlocks where worn by a wide variety of cultures for thousands of years, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Americas and Europe, all of them, had peoples who wore what we call dreadlocks. The current group who made wearing dreadlocks as part of their culture, the Rastafarians, actually didn't wear dreadlocks until the 1950s. Even then it wasn't until the 1970s when Bob Marley made them famous that dreadlocks became pretty much synonymous with the Rastafarian movement.

Whatever the history, whatever shade of skin the person has, when I see dreads, I think - "That person probably isn't a particularly hard worker and they probably have questionable hygiene."

I’d like to get past their appearance, and understand why she wasn’t breastfeeding-that would seem the likely way to go. Or do vegans have something against this as well?
Did their made up weirdo religion have something to do with this?
They should be charged with more than neglect. If this child survives he is going to have life long impairments due to these two morons using him as a science experiment.

I’d like to get past their appearance, and understand why she wasn’t breastfeeding-that would seem the likely way to go. Or do vegans have something against this as well?
Did their made up weirdo religion have something to do with this?
They should be charged with more than neglect. If this child survives he is going to have life long impairments due to these two morons using him as a science experiment.
Veganism is not a science experiment, its a false belief system, a religion, that is only available to privileged people in the modern world. There is no natural place on this planet that allows the healthy growth and development of a human community solely based on plant life, none. For a vegan to exist healthy, they must import non-animal products from far away and rely on modern technology to process, transport and store their unnatural food needs. Before the advent of modern machines and techniques, no society ever sustained a healthy lifestyle without the use of animals and products from animals.

Last edited:
I'm totally confused by this...

breastfeeding/formula (organic) + potato mash/baby cereal (organic) = baby getting enough nutrients to thrive....their scenario makes it seem like they weren't actually feeding the baby anything (or very sporadically at most)

Possible defense for the egg-
The doctor gave them organic formula so it is possible she was unable to breastfeed and the doctor was attempting to accommodate their beliefs by providing the organic formula.

If they were unable to afford it and it was not covered by any programs they may have attempted to replicate the formula.

I can see that being her defense whether it is true or not.

Back