• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://blackchristiannews.com/2018/...s-he-sexually-abused-choir-boys-in-the-1990s/
The Vatican’s third-most powerful official has been convicted in Australia on all charges he sexually abused two choir boys there in the late ’90s, according to two sources with knowledge of the case.

A unanimous jury returned its verdict for Cardinal George Pell on Tuesday (Australian time) after more than three days of deliberations, the sources said, in a trial conducted under a gag order by the judge that prevented any details of the trial being made public.

Pell, the Vatican’s finance chief and the highest Vatican official to ever go on trial for sex abuse, left Rome in June 2017 to stand trial in Melbourne.

As that trial was about to get underway in June, a judge placed a suppression order on all press coverage in Australia, according to the order reviewed by The Daily Beast. Prosecutors applied for the order and it was granted to “prevent a real and substantial risk of prejudice to the proper administration of justice.” That order remains in place in Australia.

That trial, known as “the cathedral trial,” was declared a mistrial earlier this year after a hung jury, the sources say. A retrial began immediately and ended this week with the unanimous verdict.

In a book published last year, journalist Louise Milligan reportedly wrote that Pell was accused by two former choir boys of sexual abuse while he was archbishop of Melbourne in the ’90s. The boys sang in the choir at St. Patrick’s cathedral and were allegedly abused by Pell in a room in the confines of the church. Pell’s office told The Guardian in 2017 he “repeats his vehement and consistent denials of any and all such accusations.”

A second trial known as “the swimmers trial” is due to get underway early next year, according to sources familiar with the case. That trial is expected to hear evidence that Pell “sexually offended” two men when they were boys playing games in a swimming pool in Ballarat, Victoria. At the time of the allegations, which date back to the ’70s when Pell was a priest in the area, according to The Guardian.

A court in Victoria heard in March that Pell, who has denied all of the allegations, would stay in the pool after swimming laps and play with children.

While details from nearly all trials in the U.S. can be made public, Australia’s judicial system is more favorable to defendants where the use of “suppression orders” has increased in recent years, according to The Australian. The gag orders are used for a range of reasons to prevent reporting that could prejudice a case and to restrict details heard in open court being made public.
[....]
serveimage

Attachments

• 1544653646420.png
    1544653646420.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,514
1544653646420.png
Cardinal George Pell

The Cardinal will no longer have any need of his shepherds staff but I can think of another use for it.

Honestly, him standing there in a cathedral in all his gilded glory, a betrayer of trust, innocence and holy ordinance. It makes the soul weep.

Eeeeeew. Just two choir boys? Not likely.
Back in the 90s when the Catholic priest scandal gained traction, i remembered one news item most of all:
An Albuquerque boy who told his mother the priest was abusing him and she beat him for "lying about the priest" because her religion was more important. The boy had no father to help him. I wondered about that. Maybe a dad would have said "wait. Wtf?" just wondering about really tragic family dynamics that lead to serious abuse. Because that young boy had no support. Maybe Damn mom wanted him to be the "man" of the family at age 10 and he was silently tortured instead. That shit backfires.

Last edited:
I find it really difficult to accept but these jackals that play dress up in shiny gowns for f*** sakes are actually ambassadors of God. One would think that God has zero tolerance for a pederast. Like have the church burst into flames or explode when nobody's in there except him. You know really make a sign on Miracle something that's a statement of I am God and this is my f****** Fury. Yet nothing happens... Nothing

Again, religion is a tool for social control. It has nothing to do with spirituality even though millions of believers give it their best shot. There are many good and sincere people who believe and there are great things that have been done in the name of God. But at the heart of it are lies because it exists in reality to be a headquarters for the controllers who are, by nature, also predators. Religion enables the controllers to get us to willingly accept the neo-feudal system that is now in place. It is the reason unwitting believers thousands of years ago accepted shit like child sacrifice.

Again, religion is a tool for social control. It has nothing to do with spirituality even though millions of believers give it their best shot. There are many good and sincere people who believe and there are great things that have been done in the name of God. But at the heart of it are lies because it exists in reality to be a headquarters for the controllers who are, by nature, also predators. Religion enables the controllers to get us to willingly accept the neo-feudal system that is now in place. It is the reason unwitting believers thousands of years ago accepted shit like child sacrifice.

I don't agree ... the last time I looked Gods book wasn't telling me to run with scissors. I personally like bible stories ... I can go to mass and listen to the homily and think about what I heard there for the next week ... next month and five and ten years later.

The Cardinal will no longer have any need of his shepherds staff
I consider myself a rather knowledgeable person, but I never once thought of that those staves were suppose to represent shepherd's crooks. Makes sense though, being priest are suppose to "lead their flock" and all, but it appears pedo-Pell cared more about fucking boy's asses than his vows.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ell-removed-from-inner-circle-by-pope-francis
Pope Francis has removed Australia’s most senior Catholic, Cardinal George Pell, from his inner circle in a restructure of his Council of Cardinals.

Pell’s position as the financial controller of the Vatican makes him the third most powerful person in the Vatican. He is facing prosecution in Australia for historical sexual offences and has taken leave from the position. Pell has strenuously denied the allegations.

The removal of Pell, 77, from the council does not necessarily affect his treasury position, which he technically still holds, and a Vatican spokesman would not comment further.

Two other council members – the newly retired archbishop Cardinal Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of Kinshasa, 79, and Chile’s Francisco Errázuriz Ossa, 85, who has been accused of concealing abuse while archbishop of Santiago – were also removed from the group of nine on the council, which is known as C-9.
[....]
A key role of C-9, formed in 2013, has been to reform the bureaucracy of the Vatican and determine its policies and missions going forward.

But Francis has been under increasing pressure to restructure C-9 in the wake of growing concerns about child sexual abuse and other scandals in the church, with many angered that men accused of serious offences were determining the future direction of the church. The fact many of C-9’s members are elderly has also been a concern.

I find it really difficult to accept but these jackals that play dress up in shiny gowns for f*** sakes are actually ambassadors of God. One would think that God has zero tolerance for a pederast. Like have the church burst into flames or explode when nobody's in there except him. You know really make a sign on Miracle something that's a statement of I am God and this is my f****** Fury. Yet nothing happens... Nothing
That should tell you there is no God...that and the stories on this site.
Post automatically merged:

I consider myself a rather knowledgeable person, but I never once thought of that those staves were suppose to represent shepherd's crooks. Makes sense though, being priest are suppose to "lead their flock" and all, but it appears pedo-Pell cared more about fucking boy's asses than his vows.
More symbolic (and telling) that the Church wants us all to be sheep.

"The most senior Catholic convicted of child sex abuse was sentenced Wednesday to 6 years in prison for molesting two choirboys in a Melbourne cathedral in a crime that an Australian judge said showed "staggering arrogance."

Victoria state County Court Chief Judge Peter Kidd ordered Cardinal George Pell to serve a minimum of 3 years and 8 months before he is eligible for parole. The five convictions against Pell carried a maximum possible sentence of 10 years each."

ROME—On Monday, the shutters of Australian Cardinal George Pell’s lavish apartment in the shadow of St. Peter’s Basilica were open and cleaners could be seen dusting the window sills. Pell had clearly hoped that he would be free to return to this upper-floor flat and to the life he once enjoyed. But on Wednesday, three Melbourne judges decided that Pell will be staying in an Australian jail after being convicted of child sexual abuse.

“By a majority of two to one, the court of appeal has dismissed Cardinal Pell’s appeal against his conviction,” Chief Justice Anne Ferguson announced.

Ferguson dismissed an argument made by Pell’s defense that there was room for reasonable doubt by the jury.

“It is not enough that the jury might have had a doubt, but they must have had a doubt,” she said. “This was a compelling witness, clearly not a liar, not a fantasist and was a witness of truth.”

Last February, Pell, 78, was convicted on charges he sexually abused two choir boys in a Melbourne cathedral in the late 1990s. He was sentenced to six years in Melbourne Assessment Prison last February, and has spent the last 175 days in solitary confinement.
[....]
The Vatican did not oppose Pell’s efforts to reverse the verdict.

The day before the verdict, a Vatican spokesperson pointed The Daily Beast back to its original statement on the matter. “Cardinal Pell has reiterated his innocence and has the right to defend himself to the last degree,” it said in a statement. “Waiting for final judgment, we join the Australian bishops in praying for all the victims of abuse.”

Now that Pell’s appeal has been denied, Pope Francis is in a tight corner. Vatican policy has for years centered on placing blame for the sex-abuse scandal on local dioceses and on the bishops in charge of perverted priests. But in the case of Cardinal Pell, the highest-ranking church official to be convicted, only the pope can decide what to do now. Will he defrock the cardinal who was once in his inner circle? Will he finally take him off the Vatican website, where he is still listed as head of the Holy See Secretariat for the Economy?

Apparently not. The day of the ruling, the Vatican doubled down on its support of Pell’s innocence. “While reiterating its respect for the Australian judicial system, as stated on 26 February after the first instance verdict was announced, the Holy See acknowledges the court’s decision to dismiss Cardinal Pell’s appeal,” the Vatican said in a carefully worded statement. “As the proceedings continue to develop, the Holy See recalls that the Cardinal has always maintained his innocence throughout the judicial process and that it is his right to appeal to the High Court.”

1586266686755.png

Cardinal Pell welcomes court's dismissal of abuse conviction

Cardinal George Pell welcomed Australia’s highest court clearing him of child sex crimes Tuesday and said his trial had not been a referendum on the Catholic Church’s handling of the clergy abuse crisis.

Pope Francis’ former finance minister Pell had been the most senior Catholic found guilty of sexually abusing children and spent 13 months in prison before seven High Court judges unanimously dismissed his convictions.

“I have consistently maintained my innocence while suffering from a serious injustice,” Pell said in his first public statement since he was convicted in December 2018. It was released before he left prison and was taken to the Carmelite Monastery in Melbourne where he was greeted by a nun.

Francis appeared to refer to Pell’s acquittal in his morning homily, saying he was praying for all those unjustly persecuted.

Pell said: “I hold no ill will toward my accuser,” a former choirboy whose testimony was at the core of the 78-year-old cleric’s prosecution.

The High Court found there was reasonable doubt surrounding the testimony of the witness, now the father of a young family aged in his 30s, who said Pell had abused him and another 13-year-old choirboy at St. Patrick's Cathedral in Melbourne in the late 1990s.

1586267382011.png
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-abuse-conviction/ar-BB12eHEP?ocid=spartanntp

What does this mean for the victims? Will they be able to file lawsuits still? Could they have anyways given the trash country they live in?

Australia proves once again what a weak willed, pussified nation is and one that has no regard or respect for victims of crime. None of this can be denied. What a trash country. Hopefully the Almighty sends another fire to punish them for this.

Cardinal George Pell, whose child sex abuse convictions were overturned, dead at 81​

Cardinal George Pell, a one-time financial adviser to Pope Francis who spent 404 days in solitary confinement in his native Australia on child sex abuse charges before his convictions were overturned, died Tuesday in Rome. He was 81.

Pell suffered fatal heart complications following hip surgery, said Archbishop Peter Comensoli, Pell’s successor as archbishop of Melbourne. Pell had been in Rome to attend the funeral last week of Pope Benedict XVI.

Back