• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
2d9e3ax.jpg

Vanessa Marcotte, a New York City resident, was visiting her mother in Princeton when she went for a run Sunday afternoon, MassLive.com reports. Her family reported her missing after she didn’t return home. Her body was found about 8:20 p.m. and police determined her death was a homicide. [....]

Marcotte was found nude, and had burns to her head, hands and feet, WCVB-TV’s Juli McDonald reports, citing police sources close to the investigation.[...]

Marcotte, who lived in New York City, was home visiting family for a few days, Early said.[...]

We don’t know if this was a random act,” District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said. “We are asking the residents of Princeton and surrounding areas to use an abundance of caution. We are asking the public to be careful and to be vigilant. … This was a woman who was out walking and jogging on a rural road, we’re asking people in town to use an abundance of caution. If that means traveling with other people if you’re out, if you’re going to be running or jogging, we’re asking people to do that.”

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/vanes...e-suspect-killer-dead-death-mother-instagram/

Last edited:
Jesus Christ murderers seem to be more brazen recently, that other young woman Sierah Joughin was attacked in the middle of the afternoon too.

Small town, guessing the Police already have a list of suspects.

Princeton NJ? I wonder if an almost serial rapist and killer is on the loose in the NE :eek: no running or jogging for me... I travel up and down ME to NJ weekly for work, this is pretty frightening. Being a brunette don't help. Watch out chicas.
[doublepost=1470766378,1470764250][/doublepost]Nvm it was MA buy still wtf mate.

Police consider possible links to other murdered joggers.

[

Is this a serial jogger killer? Police won't rule out link between murders of lookalike Google worker and New Yorker slaughtered while out running
  • Police officials have 'not ruled out' a connection between the murders of Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte
  • Vetrano, 30, was murdered while jogging in Queen on Tuesday, August 2
  • Marcotte, 27, was killed during a run on a trip to Massachusetts, Sunday
  • Both victims are successful, attractive New Yorkers, killed while jogging
  • Police say they're not ruling out possibility the two deaths are connected
  • A third woman - Michigan nurse Ally Brueger, 31, was also killed while out for 10-mile run on July 30th, three days before Karina Vetrano's murder
/QUOTE]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lings-lookalike-Google-worker-New-Yorker.html

http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...-had-been-strangled-sexually-assaulted.85224/

Last edited:
Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early said a dark-colored SUV was seen parked on a road in Princeton near the time 27-year-old Vanessa Marcotte was murdered. Her body was found on Aug. 7.

A source told Fox 25 Boston that investigators believe the driver of the vehicle lives around the area or visits the area frequently.

“They may have additional information that they're not sharing. They may have developed information about a person or persons of interest,” an investigator told the station.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/1...ng-for-suv-in-relation-to-joggers-murder.html

Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early said a dark-colored SUV was seen parked on a road in Princeton near the time 27-year-old Vanessa Marcotte was murdered.

investigators believe the driver of the vehicle lives around the area or visits the area frequently.

So glad they announced it ... What if this is the vehicle is connected, nice head up that he might want to purchase a new car.

So glad they announced it ... What if this is the vehicle is connected, nice head up that he might want to purchase a new car.

Of course, now that it was announced new and used car dealers can be on the look-out for it. You wouldn't think the perp would be dumb enough to use it as a trade-in, but you never know.

Wonder if he burned her cuz he's a sadistic fuck or weirdo or if it was done as a futile effort to make it hard to identify her(burn the face off, burn prints)

Vetrano's family has advocated for familial DNA testing, which would allow them to potentially find a suspect's relative. Police didn't have to use the technique after all, since the suspect agreed to give a DNA simple." I think they meant sample and I'm wondering if this really is the guy

I couldn't imagine finding my daughter like that. This world is so sick. Anyway, for them I hope that dude is the right guy but I doubt it. If you haven't willingly turned yourself in for the crime, I can't see how you'd willingly turn over your own conviction. That said, maybe he agreed to it at gun point? Me hopes!

karina-vetrano-murder-suspect-walked-106th-precinct_zpsie0fzfjr.jpg

She wasn’t being stalked or targeted. It was just that jogger Karina Vetrano was a woman, and the man accused of killing her hated women.

Chanel Lewis was filled with lethal rage when he grabbed Vetrano as she went for a summer evening run in Queens, according to authorities. He raped her and strangled the petite runner, they said, and left her body in weeds.

And then he vanished for six months.

Detectives had little to work with to find the man who crossed Vetrano’s path. She scratched him and captured some of his DNA, but he had no record so no match could be made. The randomness of the attack added to the difficulty of solving the crime. It took months of searching the area and records, a cop’s suspicions, to finally land Lewis.

Mother of Karina Vetrano blasts suspected killer in court

When they did, one source said, the East New York man cracked.

“He was pretty forthcoming once he was in custody,” a law enforcement source told the Daily News about Lewis, 20.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701
Neither the DNA evidence nor a confession was enough to convince Richard Lewis that his son was behind one of the most notorious crimes in recent city history.

Even as cops paraded Chanel Lewis, 20, past a wall of reporters outside the NYPD’s 107th Precinct stationhouse in Queens, Lewis could not believe his son had anything to do with the rape and murder of a jogger in Howard Beach that had baffled cops for months.

Karina Vetrano’s father found her body in a patch of tall weeds near her Howard Beach home after she went out for a run and disappeared on Aug. 2.

Cops said the 30-year-old woman was punched in the face and strangled after putting up a vicious fight that left the killer’s DNA under her fingernails.

Chanel Lewis admits to killing Queens jogger Karina Vetrano

Officials said Chanel Lewis’ DNA was a match.

“Chanel would never have gone to do what they say he has done,” said Richard Lewis, 70, a retired elementary school teacher, at his house in East New York, Brooklyn.

“He would never have. He never had a fight in all his 20 years, at school he got great, great grades and opportunity from them.”

The younger Lewis lived with his dad at the time of the murder, in an apartment not far from where Vetrano’s body was found.

The bewildered dad gave the Daily News a tour of his son’s bedroom, where an old report card showed good grades for behavior and academic performance.

Chanel Lewis graduated from Martin De Porres High School in Rockaway Park. The father recalled his son having been an honor student. He said he ultimately wanted to work in social services.

Also in the room was a small bicycle and photographs of the son when he was younger.

Lewis said he had compassion for Vetrano’s family, but he said their pain has nothing to do with his child.

“I’m sorry to hear about that,” Lewis said. “But I’m sure that he would not be a part of that.”

Even though prosecutors said Chanel Lewis confessed to the crime, the elder Lewis remained unconvinced.

“He wouldn’t have done whatever I heard,” Lewis said. “He wouldn’t have done it. Maybe it’s just his state of mind that he can’t understand. He has never had this in his whole life.”

A source close to the investigation said that Chanel Lewis was furious on Aug. 2 because too many people were staying in his house.

He bolted from the home with headphones in and went to Spring Creek Park.

“He was angry and was going to harm someone,” the source said.

Investigators said they believe the attack was a chance encounter, with Vetrano in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sources searching for a motive said their suspect had a documented hatred of women that was all talk before that August night.

Chanel Lewis wound up on cops’ radar after a lieutenant who lives in the neighborhood recalled a man acting suspiciously near the scene the previous spring.

Cops focused on him after reviewing 911 calls.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...illed-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2965005

Last edited:
Boy, did I pull a bad one. Both the jogging cases were somethign I was watchign as they both were heinous. This one I truly thought perhaps someone she knew had followed her home and killed her but I was wrong. Hadn't checked back to see any updates until story came up that they caught the guy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4414412/Cops-make-arrest-murder-Google-executive-jogger.html

An arrest has been made in connection to the death of Vanessa Marcotte.

State police detained Angelo Colon-Ortiz, 31, early on Saturday morning in connection with the slaying of the 27-year-old Google executive .

The Boston University graduate's naked body was found near her mom's Princeton, Massachusetts, home on August 7, 2016. Her hands, feet and head were burned.

The New Yorker, who was visiting her mother at the time, was found dead after she didn't return to their home from a run.

Colon-Ortiz is being held in at the state police barracks in Millbury on a $1million bail.

At a press conference on Saturday to announce the arrest, Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr said: 'We got him'.

Residents from the community gathered and applauded when he confirmed the news.

Early said the obtained Colon-Ortiz's DNA from Marcotte's hand.

He thanked the murder victim because they wouldn't have got the sample if she hadn't fought back.

Scroll down for video

3F46CAA900000578-4414412-An_arrest_has_been_made_in_connection_to_the_death_of_Vanessa_Ma-m-14_1492269301721.jpg

+10
3F46CAC000000578-4414412-In_February_Worcester_County_district_attorney_Joseph_D_Early_Jr-a-15_1492269308675.jpg

+10

An arrest has been made in connection to the death of Vanessa Marcotte (left and right), according to reports

3F480EBF00000578-4414412-image-a-1_1492284066403.jpg

+10
At a press conference on Saturday to announce the arrest, Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr (above) said: 'We got him'

Her body was found near her mom's (above) Massachusett
Police have not revealed how they acquired the DNA, saying only that they got it during the course of their investigation.

It is also not clear exactly how the DNA was used to build the profile.

Marcotte vanished on an afternoon run while on a visit to the home her mom Rosanna, lived in off Brooks Station Road. Marcotte lived in New York.

Her naked body was found at around 8.20pm in woodlands near the home.

She had been sexually assaulted, and her hands, feet and part of her head were burned.

It's believed she was killed some time between 1pm, when she left her mom's home, and 4pm.

Marcotte's shocking murder left her family shattered, they said in towards the end of last year.

Her uncle, Steven Therrien, read an emotional statement at a church in the town on December 31, asking for help finding the young woman's killer.
'It has been more than four months since Vanessa was tragically taken from us,' Therrien said.

'Not a day goes by that we don't reflect on the enormity of our loss. She had already achieved much but we know she had much more to do.

'She was a loving caring intelligent young women who had her whole life ahead of her.'

3F474D7300000578-4414412-image-a-25_1492272933326.jpg

+10
Marcotte's shocking murder left her family shattered

Marcotte's parents, Rossana and John Marcotte, stood silent next to Therrien at the news conference holding back the tears.

Her father held a banner that read 'Justice for Vanessa.'

And at Marcotte's funeral, her best friend, Leah Abrahams, have a moving eulogy to the girl that so many people loved.

'She was so perfect, it was otherworldly,' she said.

'Something about Vanessa always reminded me of the ocean — so breathlessly beautiful, quiet and peaceful.'

She later said: 'You epitomize grace, light, humility, and absolute magic.'

Marcotte was killed just weeks after Queens jogger Karina Vetrano was brutally raped and murdered while she was out for a run.

A suspect has recently been charged in connection with her death

And this is a perfect example of how fucked up our justice system is. Stupid ass woman hating asshole killed her. And his fucking DNA proves it. Yet here we are about to see him get away with it cause he "did NOT speak english well enough to know what was going on". I call bullshit.

Surprised cops were permitted to go door to door with every latino in town.

He himself admits there was a translator for him explaining things in spanish. Not anyone elses fault that this dumbfuck doesnt english OR his own language. Hopefully the cops shape their story in a manner that suggests he undersstood everything that was going on, should lie outright if need be.

Amazing BOTH horrifying jogger murders may feature a perpetrator who gets away with it. That Lewis scumbag has dodged justice already.

"This was done without any concern for Mr. Lewis's constitutional rights to due process and a fair trial. We will appeal this case to the Appellate Division to secure Mr. Lewis the justice that he deserves."

Let the APPEALS game begin.. maybe some nice lifer with nothing to loose in jail will take care of him before some dumbass can proceed to try and help idiot DNA on neck, under the nails and confessor with his appeals. Please!

The man accused of killing a Google employee while she was out jogging near her mother’s home in Massachusetts pleaded guilty to her murder on Wednesday, officials said.

Angelo Colon-Ortiz, 31, was sentenced to life in prison after the family of 27-year-old Vanessa Marcotte urged prosecutors to accept the plea deal and spare them from the gruesome details of her murder, according to the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office.
Marcotte, a Google account manager who had been living in New York City, was visiting her mom in Princeton in August of 2016 when she left for a workout around 1 p.m. and never returned.

Her body was found in woods about half a mile from her mother’s house.

Latest posts

Back