• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Is it me or is dude wearing lipstick? And who the hell sewed all those hoods...I have so many questions.

RALEIGH, N.C. – Police say they arrested two people who climbed and placed Ku Klux Klan hoods on statues at a Confederate monument in North Carolina.

News outlets report that Enzo Niebuhr and Jody Anderson were detained Sunday during a protest near the North Carolina Women of the Confederacy monument. The monument is in the capital of Raleigh near the Statehouse.

Police said Niebuhr and Anderson are charged with defacing a public monument and disorderly conduct. The reports did not say whether the two have attorneys who can speak on their behalf.

A little info on the statue if anyone is interested.

https://www.ncpedia.org/monument/confederate-monument-state

I'm surprised this is still up at all, especially now that the Confederate flag is getting ousted left and right for being a symbol of the pride of the people who wanted to keep slavery. These guys did get a whole lot of publicity though, and I won't be surprised if this becomes a larger protest soon.

Is it me or is dude wearing lipstick? And who the hell sewed all those hoods...I have so many questions.

Maybe Enzo may have changed his major to Cosmetology from Cosmology? He was a visiting student to Duke University high energy neutrino and cosmology group in 2017.
Duke Neutrino & Cosmology Group
Probing the nature of matter and our cosmos.
[...]
Summer students 2017
Posted on June 19, 2017 by admin
This year’s summer students are almost all here: Duke students John Franklin Crenshaw, Newton Kwan, Ji Won Park, Eric Segerberg, and TQ Zhang, TUNL REU student Cynthia Nunez from Florida, NCSSM student Enzo Niebuhr, and incoming grad student Adryanna Smith. Welcome all!

http://neutrino.phy.duke.edu/2017/06/19/summer-students-2017/

Enzo "Sure neutrinos are cool, but who doesn't dream of wearing bright red lipstick while defacing statues of 19th century Democrats?" Niebuhr

I want to know how he managed to get such a perfect match to the shirt, and what's it's name, because I really like it! :shame:
Looks like he's wearing a kimono too ..
Post automatically merged:

Maybe Enzo may have changed his major to Cosmetology from Cosmology? He was a visiting student to Duke University high energy neutrino and cosmology group in 2017.

View attachment 16402
Enzo "Sure neutrinos are cool, but who doesn't dream of wearing bright red lipstick while defacing statues of 19th century Democrats?" Niebuhr
Maybe he's gender fluid ..

Dude is. All spiffed up for his 15 minutes.

For the record, this definitely isn’t me. I don’t wear lipstick nor am I passionate about statues.
Add some retrospective wording on an additional plaque, but leave the original.
If they want statues removed, go after statues of individuals.

People are! Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville gets a lot of hate by liberals, and a lot of love from the KKK.

I kinda like the idea of popping a “disclaimer” on there, kind of like how they give tours of Auschwitz. Dark history is fascinating, and it’s unfortunate that a few nutwhacks (eg the KKK) use these as shrines to commemorate their heroes.

full

Is that a silky shirt & fuzzy / furry jacket?!

Back