• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police arrested a mother who they say left her 4-year-old in a car with no air conditioning and the windows rolled up because she was punishing him.

Jessica Lee Brown, 28, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Tuesday for investigation of child endangerment and child abuse.

Police were called to Draper City Park about 9 p.m. by a witness who saw a child inside a car, according to a police affidavit.

"It was approximately still 82 degrees outside as I arrived on scene," the officer wrote in the affidavit. "I determined that the vehicle the child was in also was not turned on, and all windows were indeed rolled up."

When the officer found the mother, she said her 4-year-old son was "acting out" at the park so she placed him in the vehicle for "punishment," the report states.

The officer touched the child's forehead, and "it was hot to the touch, and the child was sweating. (The officer) also advised that the 4-year-old child had puffy eyes," according to the affidavit.

Brown then admitted to using methamphetamine and heroin.

The child was given into the care of relatives.

Last edited:
Since they were at the park, I guess that's as close to a time out as she could manage.

Back