• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A company in Southern Utah accused of using child labor from the Fundamentalist Church of the Latter Day Saints has been ordered to pay $1 million in back wages by a federal judge. The U.S. Department of Labor accused Paragon Contractors of using hundreds of children from the church to work on a pecan farm in 2012, which was captured on video by CNN. CNN reported at the time that Warren Jeffs, the leader of the FLDS sect, ordered schools to close for a week so that the children could work on the farm in Hurricane, Utah.

U.S. District Court Judge Tena Campbell on Tuesday ordered Paragon Contractors to pay the money for a contempt finding for a previous child labor violation in 2006, KSTU-Fox 13 reports.
[....]
Judge Campbell ordered Paragon Contractors to pay the money into a fund within 30 days, with the money to be given to the children who are owed the back wages within a year.

I remember seeing that video report and wondered why they were allowed to get away with pulling children out of school to work the fields. Glad to see they are being held accountable but I bet the polygamous parents of those children will just put the money back into the FLDS general coffers.

I remember seeing that video report and wondered why they were allowed to get away with pulling children out of school to work the fields. Glad to see they are being held accountable but I bet the polygamous parents of those children will just put the money back into the FLDS general coffers.
yep, but also consider this - now the kids will be expected to tithe their 10%.

Religious freedom is one thing. Child abuse and breaking the law is entirely another. I don't give a rat's hind end what an individual's religious beliefs are. The law is the law and it must be followed. I can't stand organizations like this, Scientology is another great example of criminal Enterprises masquerading as faith-based organizations. The government and law needs to do a lot more investigating and a lot more Prosecuting in these cases.

It doesn't matter to me if you want to run around shaking chicken legs in the air while pouring goat's blood all over yourself if that's your religion. But you start forcing kids to do things against their will. Or in many instances not even giving them a choice to express their will one way or the other and that is wrong. Dead wrong!

Get these kids their money and put it in a trust away from the parents control. Give those children the means whereby they can get out from under that. Rehome them if necessary.

I still think every male adult in the FLDS ( fcking little dick synagogue) needs to be prosecuted for pedophilia and rape. Don't fuk with kids

Interesting the only time you hear about the govt or anybody raising a fuss about the Mormon child labor shit is when it's yet more to pile on Warren Jeffs shit.

This is the normal way of doing business for mormons. This is how all those polygamist, and even non-polygamist, sects get by. They specialize in manual labor and construction trades and they got free labor at the ready and in big numbers

Back