• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An investigation is underway after a dog was set on fire while tied to a pole in Abner Clay Park Sunday evening.

The male pit bull with a camo collar was covered in accelerant and intentionally set on fire according to Richmond Animal Care and Control (RACC).

The shelter says witnesses saw an adult man wearing multiple layers of pants run from the scene.

The dog, now named Tommie, is being treated for burns to over 40% of his body at Virginia Veterinary Centers. The shelter hopes that they will be able to save him.

“I have to say that we don’t get rattled by much at RACC and have witnessed ugly cases but this one makes us want to just sit on the floor and cry,” RACC wrote on Facebook.

The shelter says witnesses saw an adult man wearing multiple layers of pants run from the scene.

I would love to know more about this line. Was he shedding layers of pants as he goes? Were his outer layers of pants down to his knees? Is there something I don't know about Virginians? So confusing.

Pawsitive Update On Tommie

Richmond Animal Care and Control wrote on Facebook that Tommie actually got up and walked away from his bed.

"Tommie just decided he was done laying down," the shelter said. "Fingers crossed for this forward momentum to continue. We are not out the danger zone yet, but for today, we win!"
\
Staff from VCU's burn unit volunteered and set up a rotating schedule to assist Tommie every day with expert wound care. First responders that saved him also stopped by the shelter Wednesday to share their love.

They said Tommie even wagged his tail when the heroes stopped by. The shelter said they also passed out flyers in hopes of finding the suspect who did this to Tommie.

A man accused of killing a dog found set on fire in a Virginia park has been arrested.

20-year-old Jyahshua A. Hill was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Regional Fugitive Task Force.

The incident has sparked widespread outrage, touching the hearts of many. Investigators are crediting an outpouring of information and assistance from the public that helped them solve this crime.

“There are a lot of people to thank, but I’d like to single out all the citizens who contributed tips that pointed us in the right direction” said Interim Police Chief William C. Smith. “That, plus the excellent job done by arson investigators who did the bulk of the work, major crimes detectives, forensics technicians and animal control officers who all built a strong case to present to the grand jury.”

Hill was indicted by the Multi-jurisdictional Grand Jury on May 8th on one count of felony animal cruelty.

On February 10, Richmond Fire Department units were called to Abner Clay Park for a report of a dog being set on fire.

Firefighters found Tommie with severe burns to his body. He had been tied to a chain-link fence, doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire.

Tommie suffered burns on 40 percent of his body after he was doused in an accelerant and set on fire. Despite round-the-clock care, he died five days after rescue.

The Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office has assigned two attorneys to the case; one has expertise in arson and the other in animal cruelty prosecutions.

The wife of the man accused of setting fire to Tommie, a dog found tied to a Richmond park fence, said the public started to threaten her children in the hours after her husband's arrest.

"People [are saying they're] going to burn my apartment, people were going to burn my children, hang my kids, burn my kids alive," the woman, who asked her name not be made public, said. "I just don’t understand."

Jyahshua A. Hill, 20, appeared in court Tuesday for his arraignment hearing on a felony animal cruelty charge.

Friends of Hill asked the public to wait for more information to come out before passing judgement.

Y'all were not there. Y'all don't know what happened. Y'all just going off something that y'all see," a family friend said outside of court. "We just want y’all to chill. Chill out. Y’all don’t know what’s up. Chill out."

The most humane thing that could have been done for that dog was to euthanize him while he was surrounded by people with hearts full of love and compassion.

I understand the desire to try heal a wounded animal but I am sure Tommy suffered and death was a relief.

As for the killer and his family there is nothing that can be said to justify what was done to Tommy.

The man charged with lighting his dog on fire and leaving him to die says he went too far, according to CNN Newsource.

Jyahshua Hill, 20, who was arrested without incident Monday, May 20 by the U.S. Marshals Regional Fugitive Task Force says he did it to protect his family.

Hill, admits to setting the dog on fire.

"I blacked out and that's when everything had happened," Hill said.

"The dog was too vicious to be around other dogs," he added.

Recalling February 10, 2019, Hill says "I'm sorry I took it that far with the dog."

Hill is charged with the death of the dog named Tommie, who Richmond police say was tied up and set on fire, left to die in Abner Clay Park.

The 20-year-old admits this dog was his and bit his two-year-old daughter that day.

"The dog attacked my daughter and I snapped and I did what I had to do to protect my kids from the dog," Hill said. "I grabbed the dog, put a leash on it, seen the lighter fluid, grabbed it -- and me and the dog took off to Clay park."

Hill said he tried to give the dog away to a shelter before the attack but no one would take it in because he says it was too vicious.

"I know what I did was wrong, and I'm sorry cause I took it that far, but I did what I had to do to protect my kid," Hill said.

To what ever the fuck your name is

Guess what you did not have to get a pit bull. If you had a child that should have been the last breed of dog you got.

I wonder who made the dog supposedly vicious answer that one for me alphabet soup.

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A Virginia man will serve five years in prison without parole for the death of a pit bull that was tied to a fence, covered in accelerant and set on fire.

Richmond police announced Wednesday that the sentence was part of 20-year-old Jyahshua A. Hill’s plea agreement.
[....]
The police department says Hill is also barred from owning or possessing animals for life.

There's a special place in hell for this POS. My hatred for people who torture animals is just as, or possibly even more intense than my hatred for people who hurt children.

About 4 years ago I saw my psycho ex-neighbor attempting to poison my baby-girl, Honey (my dog) with snail-bait. I jumped the fence, grabbed him by the throat and rammed his head straight through that fence. He then grabbed a piece of splinted paling and stabbed me in the chest with it. It didn't stop me from putting the message across that if he ever tried to hurt my dog again that I'd end him. His wife called the police and I was arrested. Then I was out a few hours later. Seems that for all of their faults, cops like dogs too.

I still have a small scar, one I wear with pride.

I'm sure this guy will get what is coming to him. Where he's going, everyone with think he's a maggot.

There's a special place in hell for this POS. My hatred for people who torture animals is just as, or possibly even more intense than my hatred for people who hurt children.

About 4 years ago I saw my psycho ex-neighbor attempting to poison my baby-girl, Honey (my dog) with snail-bait. I jumped the fence, grabbed him by the throat and rammed his head straight through that fence. He then grabbed a piece of splinted paling and stabbed me in the chest with it. It didn't stop me from putting the message across that if he ever tried to hurt my dog again that I'd end him. His wife called the police and I was arrested. Then I was out a few hours later. Seems that for all of their faults, cops like dogs too.

I still have a small scar, one I wear with pride.

I'm sure this guy will get what is coming to him. Where he's going, everyone with think he's a maggot.

Stabbed in the chest, arrested with a stab wound to the chest, held for hours, and still managed to "put the message across"? :rolleyes:

I'll take things that definitely never happened for $100, Alex.

I'm a little worried about leaving this sharp edge around the forums though, it's gonna cut someone, DEEP.

Stabbed in the chest, arrested with a stab wound to the chest, held for hours, and still managed to "put the message across"? :rolleyes:

I'll take things that definitely never happened for $100, Alex.

I'm a little worried about leaving this sharp edge around the forums though, it's gonna cut someone, DEEP.

Yeah maybe 'stabbed' was a little hyperbolic. It was a shard of wood, rammed into my chest and it stuck me about four inches below my left nipple. It glanced off my bottom rib upwards and left a 3 inch gash. It wasn't deep at all and there was just a dribble of blood from it. I refused treatment from the police and went to the emergency room after I got out, it was about 11pm by that time. They put some glue on it and it healed up fine. And yes, I still got the message across. I love that dog way more than I love myself or anyone else.

Back