• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 58-year-old man on parole stabbed his wife to death on Monday, before making multiple phone calls to admit to the crime, police say.

Virgil Solis allegedly disemboweled Valerie Solis, 53, in her seventh-floor Bronx apartment on Monday morning, law enforcement sources said.

A friend of Valerie told the New York Post he made a particularly disturbing call to father of the woman's daughter, and continued calling into the night.

The friend, known only as Sasha, said he told the man: 'Go get your daughter - I just killed her mother'.

In later calls, Solis allegedly told him he would be coming to Valerie's funeral.

At the time of the murder, Solis had been recently released from prison after serving 18 years for the brutal assault of a woman who had refused to have sex with him, law enforcement sources told the Post.

After allegedly stabbing his wife several times, it's claimed Solis made calls to his parole officer and a counselor at the Manhattan Psychiatric Center, where he lives, the New York Daily News reported.

Solis also texted his step-daughter about her mother's murder, sources told the paper.

Valerie was pronounced dead at the scene, and police say she suffered a severe stab wound to her stomach.

When officers arrived at the scene, Solis was nowhere to be found.

He was eventually arrested about 8pm in Manhattan and charged with murder, manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ath-disemboweled-called-daughters-father.html
50071D8100000578-6155289-image-a-9_1536672200644.jpg

I was thinking the same thing Pretty.

Were they married before? If so, why the hell would she stay with him after what eh was convicted of. Did she become his wife while he was in prison or after he got out? If so, why the hell would she marry that?

I'm sorry she was killed, but dammit, why be with someone with such a past?

He disemboweled his wife and then phoned people to gloat — but Virgil Solis still wasn’t done yet, Bronx prosecutors said Tuesday.

The 58-year-old Bronx ex-con sat in the back of a police car and told officers, “At least now, I don’t have to worry about another man f–king my wife,” prosecutors said.

Solis later confessed to the Monday morning murder, saying he stabbed his dearly beloved “multiple times” and was aware that he killed her, prosecutors said.

“On the morning of this incident, this defendant went to his wife’s apartment, stabbed her numerous times about her neck and torso, causing her death,” Assistant District Attorney Richard Fasano said during Solis’s arraignment.

“The defendant then called several people — including his parole officer and several members of the victim’s family — to report to them what he had done,” Fasano added. “He then broke his ankle monitor and then fled until he was apprehended by police in downtown New York City.”

Solis was arraigned on charges of murder, manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon. He was ordered held without bail.

Solis’s lawyer, Suzanne McElwreath, had asked that her client be given the chance to post bail — saying he is “someone who could benefit from getting help from the outside” — but the judge refused.
https://nypost.com/2018/09/11/bronx...-made-another-revolting-comment-assistant-da/

Solis’s lawyer, Suzanne McElwreath, had asked that her client be given the chance to post bail — saying he is “someone who could benefit from getting help from the outside” — but the judge refused.

Sometimes I wonder about these defense attorneys, did this one even read the indictment before she got up to try this garbage?

Oh I know, she was checking to see if the judge knew what he had done. Maybe that was it.

I was thinking the same thing Pretty.

Were they married before? If so, why the hell would she stay with him after what eh was convicted of. Did she become his wife while he was in prison or after he got out? If so, why the hell would she marry that?

I'm sorry she was killed, but dammit, why be with someone with such a past?

Love is blind, and inebriated....and suffering cognitive defects as a result of an undiagnosed concussion caused by (air quotes) falling down the stairs.

SOLIS, VIRGIL​

Custody Status: IN CUSTODY​

Housing / Releasing Facility: ATTICA​

Crime​

Class​

MURDER 2ND​

A1​

Aggregate Minimum Sentence​

20 Years, 0 Months, 0 Days

Aggregate Maximum Sentence​

LIFE

Earliest Release Date​