• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A transgender woman who attacked two people with an axe at a 7-Eleven store says she was hearing inaudible whispers before a voice told her to 'kill and maim' and 'start the rise of hell on earth', a jury has heard.

Evie Amati has pleaded not guilty to wounding with intent to murder two store customers and attempting to wound a pedestrian with intent to murder in Enmore, inner-western Sydney early on January 7 in 2017.

The 26-year-old, who gave evidence at her own trial in the District Court on Thursday, said: 'I recall everything going quiet and feeling that voice come inside and I remember that smile ... a sinister smile that plastered my face that I couldn't control and then I black(ed) out.'

Amati also sent a message to a new acquaintance she met on a dating app just hours before the savage attack took place.

The message read: 'One day I will kill a lot of people and it will be your fault', a Sydney jury was told.

Video of Amati using an axe to strike two customers to the ground in a 7-Eleven convenience store was played to the jury on Tuesday.

As the CCTV footage showed the attack and blood gushing from one of the victims, Evie Amati put her head in her hands and wiped her eyes as she sat in the dock.

Her barrister said the jury will have to consider the state of mind and intent of Amati, a transgender woman affected by drugs and depression, and whether a defence of mental illness can be made out.
Video at Link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...voices-told-kill-maim-horrific-onslaught.html

4E1CB4FB00000578-5940827-Video_of_Amati_using_an_axe_to_strike_two_customers_to_the_groun-a-11_1531304157000.jpg

a sinister smile that plastered my face that I couldn't control and then I black(ed) out.'

How convenient.

consider the state of mind and intent of Amati

I don't know about "state of mind" but intent is easy, generally when someone beats you in the head with an axe, they mean to kill you. Or, at the least, to make the rest of your life a living hell.

Transgender axe attacker, Evie Amati says voices told her to 'kill and maim' and 'start the rise of hell on earth'
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1532019977618.png
Lightly tapping index finger against bottom lip in pensive thought. :p;):p Yeah, I can totally see hell rising up out of the floor of a 7-Eleven.

Woman convicted of ax attack after jurors reject her transgender medication defense

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...eject-her-transgender-medication-defense.html

An Australian woman who injured two people during a convenience store ax attack has been convicted of attempted murder after jurors reportedly rejected her argument that she was suffering from a mental episode caused by medications she was taking to transition from male to female.

Evie Amati, 26, was found guilty Friday for the unprovoked 2017 attack in Sydney and will face sentencing in September, according to the BBC.

Woman convicted of ax attack after jurors reject her transgender medication defense

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...eject-her-transgender-medication-defense.html

An Australian woman who injured two people during a convenience store ax attack has been convicted of attempted murder after jurors reportedly rejected her argument that she was suffering from a mental episode caused by medications she was taking to transition from male to female.

Evie Amati, 26, was found guilty Friday for the unprovoked 2017 attack in Sydney and will face sentencing in September, according to the BBC.
It's a real shithole of a country where stuff like that happens.

I still can't stop thinking about nobody in the store seeming alarmed by the axe. I would have dropped whatever I was planning to buy and exited quickly, then called police when a safe distance away. What on earth were they thinking?

I still can't stop thinking about nobody in the store seeming alarmed by the axe. I would have dropped whatever I was planning to buy and exited quickly, then called police when a safe distance away. What on earth were they thinking?

Maybe this is in the country and an axe is equipment for daily work to them, not a potential weapon?

Transgender axe attacker, Evie Amati says voices told her to 'kill and maim' and 'start the rise of hell on earth'
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 8054Lightly tapping index finger against bottom lip in pensive thought. :p;):p Yeah, I can totally see hell rising up out of the floor of a 7-Eleven.
Sweet Jesus, :hilarious:

Good point. Just trying to imagine why they would be so relaxed about the axe ....

Because she's an alternative-lifestyle girl, or whatever you want to call her. If she were a he, like a white dude in a suit, they'd be backing away quickly and worry that he'd snap. But she looks to have some social victim status so those same people will override their better judgment to appear openminded.

Or like @Keepalowprofile says, nobody expects a girl to go axe-swinging.

Last edited:
Found the explanation the victims gave ....
During the trial, the court heard that Amati's victims thought she had come from a costume party when she entered the store about 02:00 on 7 January last year.

With a REAL AXE?? I could buy that if it was a plastic replica axe, but who would cart around a real, heavy, sharp, dangerous axe all evening? And even if she did come from a costume party, why would she want to take the axe into the 7-11 with her to pick up a beverage or snack? I don't buy it. More likely they just wanted to avoid looking stupid in the aftermath.

Because she's an alternative-lifestyle girl, or whatever you want to call her. If she were a he, like a white dude in a suit, they'd be backing away quickly and worry that he'd snap. But she looks to have some social victim status so those same people will override their better judgment to appear openminded.

I think this might be the real reason. Well done, @Kittyskyfish.

The reason I think so is because I had a somewhat related experience just last week. It was a hot afternoon, and I had a few hours to kill before my next appointment, so I went to a local McDonalds (A/C, free wi-fi, cheap brewed iced tea). A man came in and sat very near me. He seemed a bit off, but whatever, live and let live. As time passed, his behavior became more and more odd, including vocalizations and grunts which became quite loud, going in and out of the bathroom constantly, jogging around the restaurant, talking to himself loudly, and eventually taking off his shirt and jogging to the soda fountain area, where he proceeded to wash himself, including his armpits, from the soda fountain. This took place over about an hour. The soda fountain bit was the last straw, and I finally got up and spoke to the manager, who indicated they had already called the police more than 30 minutes ago. The manager also said he was amazed that I never changed seats or moved away from the crazy man, and that I must be very brave.

In fact, while I do have a higher than average tolerance for unusual behavior, the other reason I did not move tables is because the man was black, and I did not want to be one of those white people who was unreasonably intolerant. It was also why I waited so long to speak to the manager and eventually call the police myself. I didn't want to be one of those white people who call the police on black people who are doing some normal thing, like going to a McDonalds. In retrospect, I cut this guy way more slack than I would have if he had been white, or Asian, or Latino.

So I think kittyskyfish hit the nail on the head with her explanation.

Latest posts

Back