• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Arizona Department of Child Safety says they received three reports of alleged neglect or abuse before a former Phoenix police officer’s daughter died in his and his wife’s care.

That former police officer and his wife have been indicted for murder in the death of their seven-year-old daughter.

According to court records, Germayne and Lisa Cunningham each face one count of first-degree murder and ten counts of child abuse. Germayne's 7-year-old daughter, Sanaa Cunningham, died in February. The indictment also alleges the couple forced the girl to sleep outside, confined her to a patio with trash, put her in restraints, and failed to provide medical care.

DCS says they were called to the home on March 4, 2016, for a report of alleged neglect, and on October 27, 2016 for a report of alleged sexual abuse. Both reports showed no evidence of wrong-doing, according to DCS.

A report filed on December 21, 2016 for alleged neglect and physical abuse was still being investigated for substantiation when the fatality was reported.

DCS released the following statement to ABC15: "An autopsy completed by the Maricopa Office of the Medical Examiner on October 12, 2017 found the cause of death to be complications of sepsis in the setting of acute bronchitis with bronchiolitis and early bronchopneumonia, right foot abscess, multiple skin ulcerations, and unspecified schizophrenia spectrum disorder."

After Sanaa's death, $8,000 was raised on GoFundMe to assist the family.

Germayne worked as an officer for the Phoenix Police Department from 2005 until September 2017, when he resigned.

Germayne and Lisa Cunningham are scheduled to appear in court on January 2 to face charges.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-we...r-charged-with-murdering-daughter-in-goodyear
18240942_1487132690.6524.jpg

[doublepost=1513149445,1513149363][/doublepost]
4740560500000578-0-image-a-11_1513090961595.jpg

Horrifying. They were reported several times to CPS and nothing was done, probably because he was a cop. Now the poor kid is dead.

At what point in ones mind does it become normal to chain your child outside amongst garbage?

Poor little muffin.
Rip baby girl.

with a rusty chainsaw.

How does it get to such a point that you can normalize chaining your 7yo daughter outside in the yard amongst garbage and trash and keep doing it until they die?

I thought doctors were totally unable and unwilling to diagnose kids with schizophrenia?
I know that's the case for psychopathy or sociopathy. I had never heard of that being the case for schizophrenia, though.

--Al

We can put them in either the coldest or the hottest place on earth your choice.

In Antarctica between Dome Argus & Dome Fugi. Bacteria struggle to survive so these two pieces of scum won't make it. They would freeze to death with in seconds. Their blood would freeze in their veins as well.

It is the coldest recorded temperature
-136F 9
-93.2C

Lut Desert in Iran is the hottest place on earth. They would die an agonizing death from thirst and delirium.

I've seen 122 degrees in Phoenix. Air temperature, not heat index. The jets at Sky Harbor couldn't swallow enough heat-thinned air to develop enough thrust to get going fast enough to get off the ground in the heat-thinned air, so the airport closed.

If the Lut Desert gets hotter than that, then by all means send them there. But Phoenix is closer.

--Al

How is this a contributor to death?
That made me think too. Schizophrenia usually manifests itself in puberty and later, but can appear earlier. http://schizophrenia.com/family/childszsym.htm
Perhaps she also had some physical problems associated with the disease. Perhaps she had a speech problem that prevented her from crying out for help, or motor/coordination problems that kept her from escaping from her confinement.
These are the things I imagined when I saw schizophrenia on the death certificate.
I hope more details will come out to clarify the matter.
But I believe schizophrenia was a contributor: the parents couldn't stand their daughter because of her problems and banned her outside. In the cold.

I need a shot of bourbon. This is so horrible.
[doublepost=1513191889,1513191694][/doublepost]
The jets at Sky Harbor couldn't swallow enough heat-thinned air to develop enough thrust to get going fast enough to get off the ground in the heat-thinned air, so the airport closed.
It happens every summer at Skyport!

It also could have been the parents exaggerating every little symptom that she had and the doctors took their word for it. And then like @Muriel Schwenck said, they used that as an excuse to put her outside because she was "driving them crazy"

Very sad for the little girl, no one to care about her at all.

I'm astounded by the diagnosis of schizophrenia at the age of 7 or under. At what age was she diagnosed is a big question also. I have no doubt the diagnosis came upon the parents relating symptoms. This child was already challenged. The abuse alone would make her crawl into her shell and not communicate and create behaviors.

It's very possible that this child suffered from emotional problems created by her severely abusive situation.
It's also possible the majority of her diagnosis was based on what the parents told the doctor/s

Of course they would exaggerate.
If they hated her enough to treat her like this then I'm pretty sure they didn't have one positive thing to say about her.

Poor wee one.

Agreed. You don't die of schizophrenia. Also, I thought doctors were totally unable and unwilling to diagnose kids with schizophrenia? I thought they had to be teens at the very least to receive that diagnosis?
Right... the parents probably used this as an excuse to justify their treatment of her. So yeah, indirectly I guess it led to her death, but wouldn't be the case if she didn't have such shit for brains parents. Poor baby.

I know that's the case for psychopathy or sociopathy. I had never heard of that being the case for schizophrenia, though.

--Al
It's true ..

My boyfriend's son is a psycho, fuck on very heavy meds ..
His doctor won't diagnose him as schizophrenic until he's 19 or 20 ..

The former police detective facing a murder charge in connection with the abuse death of his 7-year-old daughter will remain free pending the outcome of his trial.

A grand jury indicted Germayne Cunningham and his wife, Lisa, in December.

Back in February, almost a year ago now, Sanaa Cunningham was rushed to an urgent care center because she was having trouble breathing. She also had bruises and scratches all over her body, according to police records.

The child later died.

Germayne, who ended his 12-year career with the Phoenix Police Department in September, was in court Tuesday.

"The state is asking for a $1 million bond for this defendant given the nature of the charges," the prosecutor, Joshua Clark, said. "The nature of the charges are severe; the penalties he is facing are the highest under the law."

Germayne's lawyer, a public defender, objected to the requested bond, pointing out that his client never tried to run "during any investigation prior to his daughter's death or after."

The lawyer also cited Germayne's time in law enforcement.

"Clearly Mr. Cunningham is at risk within the jail community," he said, also promising that Germayne "will continue to show up for all of his court hearings [and] continue to work to clear his name and try to help figure out what specifically did happen."

"Just because he hasn't fled in the last 27 days doesn't alleviate the fear that he may flee now that he knows what he is facing," Clark argued.

In the end, the judge agreed with the defense and released Germayne to Pretrial Services, which means he will not be in jail while he awaits trial. While he will not be behind bars, he will have to wear an ankle monitor and adhere to a curfew.

In addition, he will be allowed to live with his wife and co-defendant, but the judge cautioned that the couple is not allowed to discuss their case.

Lisa was supposed to appear in court Tuesday, as well, but she did not. She reportedly was taken to the hospital by her husband, but it’s not clear why.

The judge continued her appearance until Jan. 16.

When Sanna died, the Cunninghams told police that she had a history of mental illness and would frequently hurt herself.

The Goodyear Police Department launched its investigation into Sanaa’s death on Feb. 12. It went on for 10 months, culminating in the indictment of the Cunningham on 10 counts of child abuse and one count of first-degree murder.

The couple was never taken into custody
http://www.azfamily.com/story/37172...after-death-of-7-year-old-daughter?autostart=

Aug 28 2018

In a rare and shocking twist of fate, a former police officer could find himself on death row.

The ex-phoenix detective and his wife are being held behind bars, without bail, both accused of abusing and killing the detective's seven-year-old daughter.

Germayne and Lisa Cunningham were first charged with the death of Sanaa Cunningham last year, but were not taken to jail. That changed this week, when a judge has ruled that there is enough evidence to pursue the death penalty.

Germayne and Lisa Cunningham were taken to jail Monday, each charged with 11 counts of child abuse and murder. Now - they're facing the death penalty.

Goodyear Police detectives say the couple forced Sanaa to sleep outside, tied her up, locked her up, and didn't get her medical help. During the evidentiary hearing, prosecutors showed graphic photos of Sanaa's injuries.

The Cunninghams will likely be separated from the general jail population, since Germayne Cunningham is a former officer, and Lisa Cunningham tried to commit suicide in the past. The trial isn't expected to begin for at least a couple years, and there is a possibility of a plea deal.
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ar...ing-7-year-old-daughter-to-face-death-penalty

It will be worth the wait if they get the dp, and they'll be waiting in jail until trial. But, the plea deal is bothering me. Why would they need one?

An Australian mother-of-four could face the death penalty if convicted over the murder of her seven-year-old stepdaughter in Arizona.

Lisa Cunningham, 43, and her husband Germayne Cunningham, 39, allegedly abused and neglected Sanaa Cunningham, who died from pneumonia and complications from sepsis in February 2017.

Lisa and Germayne Cunningham, a former Phoenix policeman, have been refused bail, with a hearing date schedule for October.

The method of death penalty in Arizona is lethal injection, but a criminal convicted before November 23 1992 can also opt to be killed by gas inhalation.

No-one has been executed by death penalty in the state since 2014.

The Australian had lived in the US for 20 years and is eligible for $500,000 in funds from the Attorney-General - which provides support to Australians facing the death penalty overseas.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...penalty-shes-accused-murder-stepdaughter.html

. The Australian had lived in the US for 20 years and is eligible for $500,000 in funds from the Attorney-General - which provides support to Australians facing the death penalty overseas.
Help me understand this.

Back