• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Prosecutors documented a pattern of abuse leading up to the murder of an 8-year-old girl in McLean County earlier this year.

Police said Cynthia Baker, 41, of Normal, kicked the 8-year-old so hard that she later died of her injuries at a Peoria hospital on Jan. 25.

In a probable cause statement regarding 10 additional misdemeanor counts against Baker, prosecutors allege a history of abusive behavior from Baker towards the child going back to last fall.

In October 2018, prosecutors said Baker was angry after school officials gave the child a coat when she came to school without one because her biological daughter did not also receive a free coat, despite already having one.

In December, prosecutors said DCFS was notified after the child came to school with two black eyes. Baker reportedly claimed the child was “just clumsy,” then pulled both the child and her own daughter out of the school, transferring them to another school.

DCFS ordered Baker to take the child to her doctor for treatment for her black eyes. She took her to a doctor in Pontiac, but then later refused to take the child for X-rays, saying her medical card was expired and she was too busy caring for her other kids.

A search warrant to inspect an iCloud on Baker’s phone turned up three video recordings.

On May 6, 2018, prosecutors said Baker slapped the 8-year-old girl as the child ran away to avoid going into Baker’s room to be punished.

On August 26, prosecutors said video depicts Baker dragging the child into the bedroom by her neck. The child was also reportedly made to strip naked and hold cans up for nearly half an hour while dripping wet and shivering.

At one point, Baker admonished the child for not keeping her arms straight, slapped both sides of the child’s face, yelled “Do I need to put a collar on you?” and wrapped her hands around the child’s neck, prosecutors said. When the child cries “no,” prosecutors said Baker forcefully put her arms back in the straight position and forced her to continue holding the cans.

On September 8, the child was reportedly shown kneeing the child in the back multiple times while she was again holding the cans. Later, prosecutors said the video shows Baker slamming the child’s head into a wall.

So, this had been going on but the kid getting a coat was the straw that broke the camel's back? Who is this child and how is the beast related to her?

Stepmonster maybe? Another article says she was a "family or household member"

Last edited:
She flipped out because someone noticed and was trying to care for a child she so obviously despised. Two kids come to school in cold weather,one has a coat and one doesn't, so she took her fury out on her, because, you know, it's the child's fault.

Give her two 20lb bowling balls to hold above her head, strip her naked, stand her outside and wet her down with a water cannon, you know, the kid they use for riots, Let's see how long she can maintain, hit her with a cattle prod when she falters. She deserves all that and more.

Take this angry ugly dead-eyed aberration out of society completely.
End her with creative uses of liquid nitrogen applied to her extremities over time and then destroy said extremities when frozen solid with hammer blows. In other words freeze a finger off, then shatter it. Let her thaw out from that experience to enjoy the pain. Next freeze her again smash off another finger, thaw her out and repeat over and over.

Last edited:
@Satanica @cubby
An 8-year-old girl from Normal who was allegedly killed by her stepmother said she was afraid to go home after coming to school with a broken tooth and marks on her face.

Cynthia Baker, 41, is charged with the murder of Rica Rountree in January. She pleaded not guilty to the charges in court on May 3.

In a memo written to the House Human Services Committee after an appropriations hearing last month, acting Illinois Department of Children and Family Services Inspector General Meryl Paniak said Rica Rountree came to school nine months before her death with marks on her face and neck and a broken tooth. She told the school she was afraid to go home.

The school reported the injuries, but the report was declared unfounded after the child said she hit her face on a medicine cabinet.

One month before her death, Rountree came to school with two black eyes in different stages of healing, Paniak wrote. Rountree said she fell on toys. McLean County prosecutors said DCFS had ordered Baker to take Rountree to a doctor.

Baker reportedly took Rountree to a doctor in Pontiac who was not her primary doctor. Prosecutors said Baker claimed the child was “just clumsy,” and later refused to take her for X-rays because her medical card was expired and she was too busy caring for her other kids.

DCFS deemed the abuse claim unfounded after Rountree’s father and stepmother gave the same story about falling on toys to explain her black eyes, Paniak wrote.

Baker then reportedly moved both Rountree and her own daughter to another school.

In July 2017, there was an unfounded investigation by DCFS alleging that Rountree was beaten with a belt. There were a total of 12 child abuse or neglect investigations conducted by the agency involving Rountree’s divorced parents and their significant others. Eight of them were declared unfounded by the agency.

Paniak said the parents had a history of domestic violence and drug use. In a divorce settlement, Rica’s father was awarded custody and was sent to live with him in late 2016.

At the time of Rountree’s death on January 26, Baker and the child’s father said the girl had been vomiting for two days before she collapsed and stopped breathing. She was taken to a hospital in Normal and life-flighted to Peoria, where she died.

Prosecutors said Baker kicked Rountree in the stomach so hard she suffered peritonitis due to intestinal perforation by blunt force trauma.

The egg tried to use her daughter's death as an excuse to get her sentence for a forgery and Dui reduced.

A Normal Egg whose daughter's death is under investigation by police asked a judge Friday to reconsider her prison sentence on aggravated drunken-driving charges.

On Jan. 11, Anntionetta Simmons was sentenced to two years and six months after failing to follow the terms of her probation on a 2015 aggravated driving under the influence charge stemming from a head-on collision on East Empire Street in which Simmons was driving the wrong way.

Two weeks after she went to prison, Simmons' 8-year-old daughter, Rica Roundtree, was taken to Advocate BroMenn Medical Center and transferred to a Peoria hospital where she died.

On Friday, Judge William Yoder denied a defense motion to reduce Simmons' sentence to one year. Defense lawyer Jonathan McEldowney explained that Simmons is serving a concurrent sentence of two years and six months on an unrelated forgery charge she pleaded guilty to after the Jan. 11 sentencing.

A reduction in the DUI sentence would allow Simmons to participate in prison programs and increase her chances of qualifying for good conduct credit on her forgery sentence, said McEldowney.

But Yoder stood by his earlier decision that Simmons' long history of failures on probation and the seriousness of the driving charge justified the longer sentence.

In a Feb. 28 letter to Judge Casey Costigan asking him to reconsider the sentence on the forgery charges, Simmons referenced the death of her daughter.

"I've had a month to press the pain to power that I will use to create change. Her death is under investigation and I have faith in the system that failed her ..." Simmons wrote.
The mother said she wants to return to her son who was placed in foster care before her sentencing.

"With his sister's death, I need to hold him, assure him life can work both ways. I need him to know what justice feels like because we've already known so much injustice," Simmons wrote.

At her Jan. 11 sentencing, Simmons outlined the progress she'd made since she left an abusive relationship. The efforts to secure a job and housing led to her putting her drug treatment after-care on the back burner, she told Yoder.

Yoder agreed to amend Simmons' sentencing order to recommend her for substance abuse treatment in prison.

Cynthia Baker will go to trial Oct. 15

Last edited:
I want the dick to be arrested you can't tell me he did not know his daughter was being abused.
I've been looking for the father, Richard Rountree, to see if he was arrested. Maybe he was in jail or prison while the little girl was abused. It's very difficult to believe he was unaware of months of severe abuse.
Maybe police are working on evidence to charge him.

Also, bio mom in prison claims she called DCFS begging them to help her daughter but they wouldn't take her seriously because of her criminal record.

've had a month to press the pain to power that I will use to create change. Her death is under investigation and I have faith in the system that failed her ..." Simmons wrote.
The mother said she wants to return to her son who was placed in foster care before her sentencing.

"With his sister's death, I need to hold him, assure him life can work both ways. I need him to know what justice feels like because we've already known so much injustice," Simmons wrote.
This is so nauseating.
Her actions put all these events in motion.

23 Sept 2019
[...]
Prosecutors said there are videos of Clay abusing the little girl, including one of Clay banging her head off a wall.

"We have a situation where there was repetitive and secretive abuse of Rica Rountree going on in this house,” said McLean County Assistant State’s Attorney Mary Koll. “Secretive in that it was occurring within the four walls of a residence.”

According to DCFS, they investigated Clay and Rica’s father Richard Rountree three times for allegations of cuts, welts and bruises to Rica, including when Rica when showed up to school with two black eyes.

All three DCFS investigations were unfounded.
[...]
Clay is expected back in court for her final pre-trial hearing October 2nd.

The trial is set to start on October 15th and officials said in the courthouse that they expect the trial to last about a week and a half.

Trial date for this subhuman monster is set for 03 OCT. Lets hope its a wise judge and she spends the rest of her life behind bars.

Bio mom of the dead child has two other children who were arrested for bad behavior.
She's a self proclaimed BLM activist. I think she's a messed up drama queen who hasn't raised her children, just shlepped them along.
From March 2017

The mother of a 10-year-old boy who was handcuffed by Bloomington police and photographed in an image that went viral on social media last week is speaking out about the incident.

Anntionnetta Simmons said her son suffers from attention deficit disorder. He was charged last week in West Bloomington with disorderly conduct. His mother said the charge is the result of a misunderstanding.

The boy's 16-year-old brother was charged in the same incident with resisting arrest after he attempted to intervene on his younger brother's behalf in front of the family's home.

The incident unfolded after police were called to the Christian Faith Center on Front Street to respond to a complaint that the 10-year-old was throwing rocks in the parking lot and was in possession of a rake. When the boy ran, police pursued him to his home and handcuffed him, according to details pieced together from a variety our sources.

Back