• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Akron police are investigating the death of a 2-year-old girl. The toddler was found out in the cold on her front porch.

The frantic mother called 911 after discovering her 2-year-old unresponsive on their front porch.

“You're gonna carefully tilt the head back, you're gonna pinch her nose closed and completely cover her mouth with your mouth and blow two regular breaths into the lungs," says an Akron dispatcher on the 911 call.

Akron police say around 3:30 p.m. Friday, they were called to the apartment on Doty Drive. According to the 911 call, the mother told the dispatcher she found her daughter 'frozen' outside.

Neighbors say they would occasionally hear people arguing outside of the apartment. Lucas says she has seen both children outside alone before.

"I've had to take the baby home because she'll be outside playing…it was a few times that I had to take both of her kids home," she said.

"It's just a very sad situation, it literally broke my heart," said Lucas.

The temperature for much of Friday remained in the teens.

The girl was taken to Akron Children’s Hospital where she died.

There is no information on the whereabouts of the mother. Police are not releasing the toddler’s name, but say they are still investigating.

The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office will be conducting an autopsy.
http://fox8.com/2018/02/03/akron-toddler-dies-outside-in-the-cold/

Neighbors say they would occasionally hear people arguing outside of the apartment. Lucas says she has seen both children outside alone before.

"I've had to take the baby home because she'll be outside playing…it was a few times that I had to take both of her kids home," she said.

And no one thought to call child protective services????
Fucking neighbors need to spend the night outside and see if they don't freeze to DEATH too!!!

Can't find the mom?
Likely under some loser making a replacement as we speak.
That is just how some hoes roll.

If she is smart she will hang herself.

I don't know that I'd would be missing a 2yo long enough for her to freeze. Like I have said before, I don't like a 2yo to be alone in a room longer than about 2 minutes, before I"m looking for her. Yeah mom is working up to being a shitty mom, who, it seems think if the baby ain't bothering her, she's fine.

How long was the child crying at the door to come in and no one in the house or neighbourhood noticed or heard on a Friday afternoon?
My hinkymeter is in the red zone.

Last edited:
The 3:30 in the afternoon is what got me. I check my son a few times before I go to sleep because he’s adventure boy. 3:30 in the afternoon? if they are in my custody I can tell you where they are and what they playing with. I actually freaked out yesterday because adventure boy is now getting baby gates open and he got upstairs in the 60 seconds it took me to speed pee.

Regardless poor baby. Breaks my heart to think of a child that small cold and scared at her home.

The 3:30 in the afternoon is what got me.

Me too ... like if it was the middle of the night, when its expected that everyone else is asleep ... it could be explained as a tragic accident ... but the middle of the afternoon, what is your excuse ... ?

A memorial of stuffed animals was on the porch of the family's apartment building.
People do this to make themselves feel better. But it's also a great way to torture the family. Making the spot where their baby died gaudy with toys.
After seeing more details, I no longer think it's hinky, appears it was a horrible mistake. Child proof latches people! Use them.

It’s very possible for a 2 year old to get out especially if they’re precocious. My mother turned her back for a second— I managed to get all the way down the driveway where a Good Samaritan found me.

It’s very possible for a 2 year old to get out especially if they’re precocious. My mother turned her back for a second— I managed to get all the way down the driveway where a Good Samaritan found me.

Yeah, but......

Naw.

Not buying it.

That baby was neglected and froze to death because she was unfortunate enough to be born unto trashy fucks.

Yeah, 2yos get away and they are so smart yet not smart enough to know to avoid danger. What makes a good parent is the ability to somewhat foresee what they are going to do and either stop them or chase them down and bring them back. But that presupposing that the parent is paying attention. Seems right at this moment that dad was sleeping when he should have been watching.

A couple is facing charges after their 2-year-old daughter froze to death on the porch of their Akron home.

Officers were called to Doty Drive on Feb. 2 for an unresponsive toddler. Tierra M. Williams, 22, found her daughter, Wynter Parker, outside in the cold.

The girl was taken to Akron Children's Hospital, where she died. She wasn't wearing a coat or properly dressed for the frigid temperatures.

The Summit County Medical Examiner's Office said Wynter suffered severe hypothermia.

Williams and 24-year-old Dariaun D. Parker were charged with felony child endangering.
http://fox8.com/2018/03/20/parents-charged-after-2-year-old-akron-girl-froze-to-death-on-porch/
promo345867706.jpg

@Satanica
The parents of a 2-year-old girl who died outside in the cold outside the family’s Akron home appeared in court on Thursday.

Tierra M. Williams, 22, and Dariaun D. Parker, 24, pleaded guilty to one count of child endangering, which is a third-degree felony. They will be sentenced on Dec. 7 and face up to three years in prison.

Officers were called to a home on Doty Drive in Akron on Feb. 2 for an unresponsive toddler. Williams found her daughter, Wynter Parker, outside the in cold. The temperature that day was in the teens.
https://fox8.com/2018/11/02/parents-of-2-year-old-akron-girl-who-died-in-cold-plead-guilty/

Everything I’ve read said Mom was out running errands so why was she charged?

I read this, or a story just like it the other day, and the first thing I thought was, " thankfully my kids are too old to wander outside," as it was always something I worried about, despite doubling the lock on the front door. My kids weren't sleepers, and were frequently up in the night ransacking through cabinets and the pantry. I don't know the story here, but sometimes shit happens.

I read this, or a story just like it the other day, and the first thing I thought was, " thankfully my kids are too old to wander outside," as it was always something I worried about, despite doubling the lock on the front door. My kids weren't sleepers, and were frequently up in the night ransacking through cabinets and the pantry. I don't know the story here, but sometimes shit happens.
https://dreamindemon.com/community/...fter-accidentally-letting-herself-out.101042/

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/...dead-outside-home-in-freezing-cold/1703597662

We have a regular door lock, a deadbolt, and a hotel style non-locking hasp that is too high for them to reach even on a chair. If they get through the door, they then have to figure out how to unlock the storm door. If they were to escape out the patio they wouldn't be able to scale the 6' fence or open the gates because the lock is on the outside. Pretty sure at least one of our dogs would be going out with them, so they wouldn't freeze to death either. I think our set up is pretty damn secure, but we made the effort to get it that way.

Last edited:
Dont know if i agree with the charges here.

Ive had a 5 year old who went through a phase where she kept trying to run away. I spent most my life on night shift and slept during the day, if the wife wasnt home dealing with it and had perhaps just left the kid watching tv or something while she ran errands, id have no clue the kid was busting loose.

And although 3 may be pushing it, almost every kid ive had the misfortune of raising had shown a capability to get through windows, even from a young age. Simply ensuring the front door cant be opened isnt a fix.

Sleeping shouldnt be a crime.

Last edited:
First night I slept in my new house, we had been outside in driveway hanging with friends when kiddo (6 yo) went to bed. I woke up because I heard a noise... sat n listened for a min, didnt hear anything else but new house/ so I got up to look around. We didnt realize that our front door was the type that even if locked from outside, it seemed unlocked from inside... Kiddo had woken up n went outside to look for us, and locked himself out. I was right there fast enough, he didnt even realize yet he was locked out, and my bedroom was right there, so I would have woken up the min he knocked... But still scary!

I worry about this everytime I leave for work. I will call my husband to wake him up to check on my daughter.

Back