• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

Not a lot of information out yet.
The baby was rushed to Northeast Georgia Medical Center with serious injuries, where she died, officials said.
  • Hall County Animal Control took custody of the dog, which belonged to the family. Officials said the dog was a husky mix.
    Hall County Sheriff's investigators are conducting a death investigation. So far, no one has been charged.
    The name of the baby has not been released.

Update

.Authorities said 22-day-old Ruth Flores died after she was bitten in the head by a husky mix while resting in the bedroom of her Gainesville home.

Last edited:
Huskies can be real assholes, but this seems unusual?
Not at all. We have plenty stories here of dogs treating a new baby like an unwelcome possum.
There was also the pet raccoon biting the baby, the pet ferrets....
As for a husky? Seems a natural to me. They are very conscious of pack hierarchy and a new baby is a strange addition to the pack. They are hard to train if a person isn't used to dogs, so I can definitely see the potential.

No matter whether the dog was poorly trained, whether it was spoiled, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD ACCESS TO THAT BABY. No how, no way. This is 100% on the PERSON responsible for the baby. That being said, the dog needs to be put down.
Bingo on all points.

Never ever leave children under 13 alone with a dog. And unless the kids over 13 can be trusted, never leave them alone with any animals.

I have always had very nice animals.
No slap fighting, no tug o war, no maltreatment ever.
I used to tell my kids, *we have nice animals, if you get bit or scratched, it's your fault and I'm going to spank you too.

its not really usually jealousy. Babies cry and it triggers an instinct in dogs. stimulates them. they get nervous, pace around, it distresses them. They want it to stop. they want to get away from it or make it stop. babies also dont blink often which is aggressive to dogs. staring without blinking.
those two combined and a husky mix too? a working breed not a companion breed.
its a recipe for disaster.

Mixed with what, I wonder :rolleyes:
they are crazy smart pred pack dogs, it wouldn't have to be mixed with much fr that behaviour if left alone with a baby. Babies sound and act like wounded prey. I blame the parents i love huskies but like all dogs and more than most would not trust them alone with babies or small children

Latest posts

Back