• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police say a Scottsdale man has been arrested for holding his girlfriend against her will and allegedly "brutalizing" her in a sex dungeon in his home.

Jason Monroe Smith, 48, faces felony charges of kidnapping and aggravated assault,.

But that girlfriend is speaking out, saying it's all a misunderstanding.

That woman admits their relationship might sound unorthodox to many, but she says this was not kidnapping or abuse. Rather, she says this was a consensual, agreed upon arrangement, all taking place in his Scottsdale home.

"I love him to death,” the woman said.

The girlfriend, who has asked not to use her name, says she met Jason Smith on a dating website called ‘Special Benefits.’

The pair communicated for a short time, then began dating.

The victim told police that, at first, their conversations were "normal" dating conversations, but that she was aware Smith was "interested in an alternative lifestyle" which he described as "50 Shades of Grey, with a twist," according to the police report.

It wasn't long before she moved into his home.

“I’ve never had anybody make me laugh like he does,” she said.

The police report stated that she was aware that Smith had a sex-style "dungeon in his home which encompassed the main living area of his home," according to the police report.

The report describes the dungeon as an area "with various apparatus meant to torture and control individuals such as a 'guillotine'/medieval stocks, metal rack, chains, whips, other blunt weapons, hoist with chains, a large cage with a portable plastic toilet."

Police say Smith drew up a "contract" for the victim, discussing "things she would allow him to do to her in return for living at his home."

According to the police report, the contract stated "she would refer to herself as 'the slave' and he would be 'master,'" and she would "sleep in a cage."

According to the police report, the victim told police how, on one occasion, Smith dragged her by the hair through the house, pulled off her clothes, shackled her, handcuffed her, and beat her.

She says one day in March was especially extreme.

The police report says she told detective she was "screaming and crying" and "strained against the restraints hard enough that she claimed her wrist was broken."

The police report states that the victim claims Smith then restrained her on the floor with "metal U bolts" and "began to whip her with a 'bull whip." The victim claims Smith shocked her and whipped her approximately 50 times

Worried there was an emergency, their roommate made an audio recording of what was going on in the house and later took it to police.

“People are going to say what they're going to say and anybody who hears the recording is going to say whatever they're going to say. And I get it and I understand the police dept. If I was a cop and I heard that I would have kicked the door off the wall. That’s just how it goes. But I’m not bound and gagged and locked in a closet. It’s sad that the picture's been painted and now, it’s like guilty until proven innocent,” she said.

According to the police report, the victim claims this went on for months, until she left the home on May 6 to meet with the roommate. The roommate and her mother, taking issue with what was going on in the house, flagged down a Scottsdale officer, and handed over the audio.

According to the police report, the girlfriend told police she had escaped, but she would later tell AZFamily that she had simply met the roommate for a meal.

fun but I consented to it when I got here. And it wasn’t because it offered me a place to live,” she said.

Smith was arrested on May 8 and was charged with aggravated assault and kidnapping, because police say his girlfriend endured this for several months.

His girlfriend has even written a letter to the courts, saying she does not want him to be prosecuted. She says she has thrown out all of their bondage equipment.

Last edited:
@EyEgOrE - why lie to police then and match friends stories?!
I don't always trust statements that begin "According to the police report..." I had my fair share of dealing with situations where police put things in the report that were never actually said, or said in a way that actually meant the opposite of what they wrote. And I've had times where statements after the fact were called lies because in the police report they were attributed to the wrong person.

now, I don't know that any of that happened here - it is quite possible that she was just in an extremely abusive relationship and, after escaping, the fear consumed her to the point of backtracking. If that is the case, I hope she gets away and gets whatever help she needs, and this prick goes to prison for a long time.

but, I also know people in this kind of lifestyle, and the sex is BRUTAL. but in every other way the relationship is a normal, loving relationship - they just like the REALLY rough stuff. I guess we'll have to wait to see which way this one goes.

"I love him to death,” the woman said.
Quite possibly.

This article was not well written. LIke 2/3's it just randomly mentions this "roomate" who made the tape and reported everything. Seems like if you lived with someone who maintained a sex dungeon and kept a slave you'd know what to expect.

Especially when the "sex-style dungeon" "encompasse[d] the main living area of [the] home."

Wonder what the roommate's contractual obligations were?

Last edited:
Court records show charges against a man accused of kidnapping and assaulting a woman who escaped from a Scottsdale "sex dungeon" have been dismissed.

On Monday, court records show charges against 48-year-old Jason Monroe Smith have been dismissed via a motion filed by prosecutors. Officials with the Maricopa County Attorney's Office said they filed a motion on Monday to dismiss the entire case without prejudice, meaning prosecutors can refile the case at some point in the future.

"He's not a dirtbag, and he's not -- he's not this person," said the victim.

The woman, who invited Rodewald and a FOX 10 crew member into the home, defended Smith, who she called her boyfriend, and said investigators mischaracterize the relationship.

"I described our sexual relationship as very normal, and not concerning or violent," said the woman. "They are trying to make it like it is."

In addition, the woman said she was never held against her will.

"If I was bound and gagged and I was a prisoner and this was the seventh circle of hell for me, why am I here?"

Back